lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The journies towards the seventh sky
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2005, 03:14 PM   #81
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((As in totally OOC, I would like to ask... What exactly are you seeing? Bearogs little camp? The pillaged town? What!? Because Bearog and Ilenal came from the village and the groups haven't yet met. Even now Ilenal's eyes are pretty much staring at your group))

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #82
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((Not sure... I'm just reacting! It's... something Oh, and just to let you know, Gavin and the twins would be very silent... but in a group, that's not so easy.))

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2005, 09:28 AM   #83
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
((Mmkay... So I'll make something up as the DM
...I've always wanted to say that ^.^ ))

The two huge beasts infront of the group woke up quietly from the noise they were making and stood up, making the earth shake a bit. They stormed towards the group but then, tens, maybe even hundreds of arrows, sank into their flesh and the beasts fell. Ilenal dropped down from a tree and drew his sabers. He made sure the beasts were dead by sinking the curved blade into the heart of both beasts. "I would say that it was of your luck that I was scouting ahead" he said and wiped the dark red blood into the fur of the other beast's head. He then slid it into it's sheath. Ten elves or so dropped down from the trees around them, their bows on their backs and their swords in their scabbards. "Now, I think you owe these elves a thank you" he said, mostly at Ire, as everyone knew dwarves could be very stubborn of saying 'thank you' and even more stubborn of saying the two words to elves. Three elves walked to Ilenal and smiled friendlily at him. They spoke for a few minutes in elvish and then Ilenal nodded. "Oh, and you can follow me to Bearogs camp if you would like. Lueaera, Corvain and Aerdeth will be coming too. And besides, I would doubt that you will ever find your target anyways" he said and smiled at Jen kindly. "And you might prove yourselves useful of finding ours" he said and nodded, starting to walk away as all the elves but the three behind Ilenal disappeared into the shadows. The elves drew their hoods back and grinned quietly. One of them a drow, one a great-elf and one a half-elf. This was surely an odd company to find themselves in this very forest

Bearog sat quietly, eating a leg of a rabbit that he had catched a moment or two ago. He sighed, looking at the maps next to himself. The barbarian was quite lost right now, actually. Ilenal had been gone for longer than he had thought, there were roars coming from the way Ilenal had went and he just had a bad feeling about this.

((I hope that'll do))

In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #84
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((well my intention was that he saw the pwned town, but y'know that works too))

"thank them, pfft, we could have taken them easily" Ire mumbled to himself as he followed the rest of the group.

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #85
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Gavin's sword was in his hand and the twins had arrows on their bows when Ilenal's companions took the beasts down. Gavin stared for a second before putting his sword away. The twins eased their arrows off the string and put both bow and arrow away.

"If thanks are required, you get them immediately from us," Jen said. "Thank you on behalf of my siblings and I."

"If we are not to find our mark, I should like to know of yours," Gavin said after voicing his own thanks.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 08-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #86
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal grinned and looked back at Gavin. "Have you ever heard of a place called the Seventh sky?" he asked after turning back to see the small road. The elves behind Ilenal grinned also. Not many knew, or those who knew, didn't believe the story. But probably every fully elven and even a few half-elven people have seen the place of light, green and happiness.

Bearog heard something in the ditsnace and drew his hammer into his hand, getting ready for anything. The thing he didn't know was that the large group was arriving shortly to his tiny camp

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #87
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Gavin's eyes lit up. "I have heard a little," he answered. "I'd love to hear more."

My work in progress:

Old 08-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #88
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Well, your sisters must be interested also" he said and grinned. "But first, tell me of what you have heard of those drunken travellers?" he said and continued leading the group to the small camp of Bearog where Bearog waited for them.

Bearog placed his warhammer on his back. "Finally, Ilenal. I was quite concerned of your disappearance" he started but then looked at the scroll. "Is anyone of your little group a mage or cleric or something? I would need some translation help..." he said and grabbed the scroll and the maps, smiling friendlily

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #89
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Nothing like that," Gavin answered with a smile. "Just a simple being interested in language. Let me see what you have."

My work in progress:

Old 08-02-2005, 07:33 PM   #90
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Bearog handed over the scroll and the maps, Ilenal sitting down with the other elves. "Now, what do you know about the Seventh sky, raceless" Ilenal said with a cold smile. That word hadn't been said since the wars when multiple races breeded together and made children, oftenly the children said to be breedless after they had three or more races mixed in their bloodline

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #91
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Gavin's smile stiffened and faded. He stood slowly and faced Ilenal. "The term is accurate, Elf." A cold smile returned to his face. "As for my knowledge of the Seventh Sky, perhaps a full-blood Elf would like to boast and share everything as though the Raceless has never heard it."

"Gavin!" Jen exclaimed. "Enough!"

My work in progress:

Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #92
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"oh-ho-ho, one shouldn't insult someone whom is helping them dont ya think elfie?" Ire said with a smile.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #93
Flamehart
The Commander

Flamehart had drawn his sword earlier, and still had it out when he was with the group, he turned to Ilenal, quite aware of the term himself, as it had been used once or twice before in his town. He looked at Ilenal, "I agree with Ire, don't use that word again. Only the fools and their so called "pride" use that to berate others, and I can see that despite your foolishness for using that term, you are no fool." His tone was cold and serious, and he had a certain fire about in his eyes. Despite his age, he showed no fear when he spoke this, of course, it's hard to be afraid of much when running from demons for a year.

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
http://shadowwolf471.deviantart.com
Flamehart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #94
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"It's fine," Gavin nearly growled. Then, to Ilenal, he said, "Go ahead, Elf. Brag about your knowledge. Make me look like a fool."

"Why did you have to use that term?" Jen snapped at Ilenal. "Don't you see what it does to him?"

"If he leaves, we leave with him," Sam muttered. Jen sighed.

"Oh, what the hell," she muttered. "You've spurned the three of us. But, I'm interested. Unlike my brother, I have heard nothing of this 'Seventh Sky'. I want an explanation."

"Explain, Elf," Gavin challenged. "The Raceless are listening."

My work in progress:

Old 08-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #95
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Ire felt the tension through everyone. He slipped his hand to the small of his back where his smaller one handed axe was.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:08 AM   #96
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal grinned at the people around him, blaming him of using the term. "You do not know of my age, travellers. It might be just so that I grew up with that term echoing in my damned mind every day as my village's people were lynched because of it" he said. "Unfortunatey for me, I never thought of it as a bad word. Simply saying human-elf-shapeshifter would be stupid. Half-elven you are not and half-human you are not. And it is not for me to name your odd races again" he said and shrugged. "Hulfshifter..." he shuddered and shook his head.

"So, about seventh sky. If you have heard anything about it, it's mostly being concerned of the peace and quiet of it, the beauty of lush forests, clear blue skies and all-white clouds... All the water sparkling and toxicatingly pure compared to the water the humans normally drink. The huge herds of free animals and groups that hunt them. The beauty of the place at night... The elven lights glistening throught the forests, a soft mist filling the ground and the soft song for Corellon Larethian filling the air..." he said with glassening eyes. He remembered every inch of his journey there a hundred years or so ago. He fell quiet after that. He had explained all that was explainable of it. "It is truly the place of peace and freedom. No corruption, low prizes. You don't probably even need money in the first few days as there is nothing for the merchants to spend their money on... It's just... Heaven" he mumbled, looking at the ground

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #97
Flamehart
The Commander

Virgil raised his eyebrow slightly. He had heard stories of the Seventh sky very similar to this one, but the way in which he turned his tone from cold, to suddenly much lower and humble, when he spoke of the place.

"Then you could use our names at least, if you prefer not to figure a term for the specific mix of races." He said. "As for the seventh sky, I've heard stories of it myself in childhood, similar to what you've told, but none quite so descriptive. However I don't think I should accompany you to such a place." He said. He was sure this "heaven" could protect itself from numerous forces of demons, but he did not want to be the one who incidentally leads them there in their hunt for him.

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:23 PM   #98
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Ilenal smiled at Virgil. "Oh, but that is not true. I myself have seen as a demon vaporized when trying to attack the elven people there. It is made of pureness and good. As long as you have a heart that feels the beauty of the place and feels sympathy towards the people living there and ouside of it. Everything depends of the heart. That is why the human kingdoms have no power there. Corruption doesn't exist there, and if someone there turns evil, he loses the place and the Seventh sky disappears around him or her" he said and stood up quietly. "We will see which ones of you are rightful for a place there" he said and turned, taking the other scalp in his hand and starting to read it. "Tσchen... That's the nearest place to it on this map, but it lies in ruins nowdays. The village of Grendel has been built a mile from the ruins" he said and looked at his barbarian friend's confused look. Bearog had never seen Ilenal like that... Maybe the Seventh sky was much more to him than he truthfully said.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #99
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"If your use of the word was truly born from hearing it repeatedly when it was not offensive, I can forgive the offense," Gavin said, his tone softening slightly. "I would request though that it not be used further. I am Gavin. My sisters are Jen and Sam."

"As for the Seventh Sky," he went on, "you have explained all I need to hear. I will do my best to aid this quest." He fell silent for a moment. Then, he said, "Tochen... I've only been there once, but if memory serves correctly, the locals aren't fond of strangers. Nevertheless, we might have to restock our supplies there."

My work in progress:

Old 08-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #100
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Oh, but it would be much too easy to just stroll into town. At this time of the year, the bear tribe of barbarians have the control over the desert we must cross to get there" he sighed and nodded at Jen as a specific hello. He turned away and looked at Bearog. "Now, if Bearog still has anykind of a relationship with his old tribe, this should be easy"
"Only that I don't. I made the mistake of turning against our leader and after that I don't really want to be in contact with them..." Bearog said and sighed
"Allright... So we will need to sneak either around or straight throught" he said and shook his head.
"Maybe the assassin twins might be of any help on that part" he said and grinned

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #101
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"well you guys can sneak, at full speed, no one can catch up to my ram. He's the fastest you can come across." Ire boasted

Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #102
Flamehart
The Commander

Virgil shrugged, "Or, if they give us any problems while going around or straight through, we can teach them who's more serious about accomplishing their set out goal." He said, implying something quite obvious.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:51 PM   #103
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
This time Bearog stepped in on the conversation, Ilenal sitting back down. "Oh you don't know how much destruction the bear clan can do. There are 500 warhammers and axes to confront each of us, and when the elite guard with swords comes out to play, they will atleast shred us into pieces, riding the fastest horses in the nomad people. Not even your little pony be a match in running skills when the leader lets his beasts out. They move like lightning and they have strenght that can probably smash rock into rubble in one hit. And the thing is... Nobody knows who or what these beasts look like. They are shapeshifters in every meaning of the word. If the cal nwould want to spy on us, one of us might be the leader of the beasts, the wisest of them that can talk hundreds of dialects in tens of languages, read and write in all of them too..." he said and shook his head. "We either hold the leader as ransom while we pass or sneak around them"

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #104
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I think our best bet is to sneak around," Jen said quietly.

My work in progress:

Old 08-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #105
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"It's not a bloody pony! can't ye see? its a War Ram!" Ire said gettign angry. His ram was dear to him.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #106
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"The point isn't what you ride," Gavin sighed. "No matter what your steed, there are too many who would not let you pass. They'd be alerted to your presence almost before you came to them and would be all over you before you had a chance to get halfway through their army."

My work in progress:

Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #107
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"yeah, i know, but bare with me i just downed 6 pints of ale, i'll be fine in a few hours however."

Old 08-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #108
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Do your best to stay off that stuff for the remainder of this trip," Gavin muttered.

My work in progress:

Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 PM   #109
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"haha! good point. Now, although we know we are going to sneak around the camp, we still need details. How many groups, and of how many, meeting point, so on and so forth." Ire said in seriousness.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #110
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Bearog grinned and Ilenal stepped up. "The assassin twins shall come handy there. We need someone with extreme stealth to scout ahead, and if it comes to it, we must have high officials as hostages to secure our passage" he said and smiledsuietly. "Of course there is the problem of the horses" he muttered and looked towards where the barbarians were right now camped and celebrating to their gods.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-05-2005, 03:33 PM   #111
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I can help there," Gavin announced. "For a time, I played the stereotype of my race and became a thief. It shouldn't be too difficult, I think."

My work in progress:

Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #112
Flamehart
The Commander

Virgil thought for a minute then spoke up, "I still have my certificate of nobility..I could pass off as a 'high official.' That is, providing they don't know what happened to my town. I doubt barbarians pay attention much what happens in the lands of men."

Old 08-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #113
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"And what would we be, your servants?" Gavin wondered with a chuckle. "As for their not paying much attention to the events of the world, I wouldn't know. I try to stay away from them for the most part." He glanced at Bearog. "No offence to you, of course."

"If we are to do anything, we'd best get at it soon," Jen said, breaking into the thoughts of the group. "Virgil's still being chased, as far as I know and we never know when the demons chasing him will catch up."

My work in progress:

Old 08-13-2005, 12:30 AM   #114
Flamehart
The Commander

Virgil shrugged, "Well you said you needed a "high official" to use as a hostage or something, so I volunteered myself." He replied. "I don't like the idea of anyone being my "servants" so please don't even present that idea." He nodded to Jen. "They could be hot on our trail or they could be waiting to get me alone, where no one else will witness it. I don't know. It just depends how many of their numbers these demons are willing to risk."

Old 08-13-2005, 12:33 AM   #115
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"That might just be incredibly brilliant," Gavin said thoughtfully. "But if the Barbarians pay attention to the events of the world, it will be terribly pointless... Bearog, do these Barbarians keep track of current events?"

My work in progress:

Old 08-13-2005, 02:03 AM   #116
Flamehart
The Commander

Virgil nodded, "That's true, if they do pay attention, then I'm pretty worthless by this point unless somewhere being a noble-born Human still means something. If not, we should be okay. And if they do, then we know what a certificate looks like, so we could simply just forge one for someone else here that'd be more...believable." He finished.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:49 AM   #117
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Bearog grunted. "Oh, but a noble human is even more risky. You go and tell them you're noble and what do they do? They hold you for ransom, of course. After they have gotten the idea of riches from you 'kingdom', they won't believe you in any way that you really aren't noble anymore" he said and shook his head. "All they want to know of the world is where can they find the best places to hunt animals and loot villages" he muttered to himself

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #118
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"well bloody 'ell! 'ow are we gunna get through then? since sneaking is our only option." Ire said

Old 08-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #119
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I'll get us some horses," Gavin said. "Then, we'll just ride around them. It won't take as long as it would on foot, that's for sure."

My work in progress:

Old 08-15-2005, 01:40 AM   #120
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Well, doing the simple is always a good plan i guess." Ire shrugged.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > The journies towards the seventh sky