lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mac BF player seeks opponents
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-31-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
derbius
Lurker

Mac BF player seeks opponents

GameRanger hardly has any opponents on it and when I do join its games I find they are super-laggy (I am in the UK). I can see Gamespy IP addresses by running it on a PC but I can't join those games using my Mac even though Aspyr claims to allow you to direct connect to PC games. Any idea what I might need to do to join PC games? Any other suggestions? Are there even any other Mac players of Battlefront out there???
derbius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
Smuggler Vito
Rookie

I am a MAC PERSON

My friend said he was beta testing the MAC version of battlefront. I did not know it released for the MAC yet. If so, I am down to get it but I imagine since SWBF2 is releasing in November, then maybe that would be a better purchase.

Do you have any info on this game? Thanks.

Vito
http://corelliansmugglers.com

Click the sig to visit Corellian Smugglers.
Smuggler Vito is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2005, 04:41 AM   #3
derbius
Lurker

Mac BF plays very much like PC BF except that it does not have GameSpy support (it relies instead on a Mac-only game finder). It is supposed to be able to direct connect to PC servers but mine won't.

It was only just released so my guess is that BF II is at least a year away!
derbius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Technical Help > Mac BF player seeks opponents