lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Online Jedi KotOR Instant message RPG idea.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-03-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Lightbulb Online Jedi KotOR Instant message RPG idea.

I was planning on setting up a Online Role Playing game based around KotOR, Which will be played on an Instant messanger (MSN,Yahoo, etc). I'm a member of one for another franchise and i think its quite good and would work in the Star Wars: Knights of the old republic era.

It works by having a gamesmaster (who would be me) who will create missions for people to choose and play. Each player will have 1 character (in this case a jedi) who they will have complete control of, when all NPCs and events are controled by the gamesmaster. Your character like in the KotOR computer game will gain experiance, skills and feats.

I plan to make it that your character starts off as a jedi who has just passed their trials and been made a jedi knight who will be able to select missions posted by the council ranging from negoiations to covert ops.

Your character will be entierly of your making being any species from the SW:KotOR universe (providing there is soom example of a force user and excluding Yodas) and any class (sentinal, consular or guardial). Also you get to build your first sabre/s strait away as you will be knights.

As we progrees you will 'level up' learning new feats and skills and earning prestige, which you can cash in for new equipment including sabre crystals and robes.

but before i set up the rules, database/s and website i'll need i need to know if anyone will be interested in joining (don't worry it will be completely free, i'm not after your money). So post if you would be interested and if i get good feedback i'll make a start on setting up a trial period before i devote to much to it (this will be to see if it works and get rid of any problems in the rules)
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
DarthSion101

Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Count me in.....sounds like a good idea....besides, Darth drekker is bound to make a sweeping return somewhere down the line.

"Have you come here for answers? There are none. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting you came here."

"The failure is yours, no longer does your voice whisper within my skull, no longer do I suffer beneath teachings that weaken us, and now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead....save one, and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."
DarthSion101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #3
jblue789
Rookie

I'll consider it. But only Force users? Eh, I think I can make one, but it's still fun to be a non-force user killing Jedi with nothing but his/her mad skillz.

jblue789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 AM   #4
starmark2k

Although there hasn't been much responce i've started making up rules and stuff for a Trial period.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #5
Nymf...
Rookie

im intressed, only don't know how much time I can spend, just started high school in sweden (16 years old so i dunno what it is in the US but anyway) and I spend more and more time playing and training Handball. So if I can I'm v intressed
Nymf... is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
Killwithhonor

is this suppost to be a full blown game or wat, i like the idea just dont know wat its like, would it be like an online game like runescape?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...-darksaber.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. Yours is 130 tall need to trim it down to 120. ~ SWK Staff
Killwithhonor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
starmark2k

I'ts not a computer programme like rune scape. Its like D&D Role playing but played online instead of on a table(or the floor). Also it will be one on one (THE player and gamesmaster) as its will be played using instant messaging (Like yahoo and MSN). It will use similar Rules To Knights of the old republic includeing the D20 system.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #8
Blessèd Sith

Only Jedi? No Sith?

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.”
- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
Blessèd Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2005, 05:03 AM   #9
starmark2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessèd Sith
Only Jedi? No Sith?
You will have the opportunity to goo down the dark path.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #10
ExtreamJedi12
Forumite

So it uses IMs. I'll consider. But i don't know how 2 IM. Could someone tell me?

Freakin' sweet!
ExtreamJedi12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Online Jedi KotOR Instant message RPG idea.