lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: n00b editor questions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
beeblequix
Lurker

n00b editor questions

I can not follow the 'documentation'. I've read it. It leaves out far too much.

Why is my ground BLACK? Is it because I'm unable to TEXTURE properly? I thought it was the sky which I copied and renamed the Hoth sky file as MyRetardedMOD.sky and that replaced it nicely. No change to the ugly black friggin ground.

I thought I may have to do with COLOR mode but no matter what I change it never seems to matter. Oh sure I can paint purdy foreground/background colors but it never ever matters.

Is there a better way of accessing OBJECTS than copying over the entire contents from c:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder\Assets\Shipped Worlds\* to c:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder\MyRetardedMOD\Worlds? I do this and I can use almost every OBJECT but the load times are long.....

In the UNREAL engine you'd add light sources wherever you need them. This editor doesn't seem to mentions lighting at all. Do we have to 'light' the ground?

Are the problems I'm having because I began to mod with the BFBuilder?

I'm very frustrated with this. I'd LOVE for someone to point it out in the documentation. Not the "read the documentation" way of pointing it out. That's like stating "my home address is Earth". Way too vague.

PLease HELP.

Build a man a fire and he stays warm for a night. SET a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.
beeblequix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Rookie

uhhh

Theres more to answer than i can remember in one thread. Have you tried going carefully through the BF Builder guides that you get with the program (like mod1 tutorial) for example? If those didnt help go to http://www.saturnlabs.net/Tutorial_L...D_page_00.html for a better tutorial. Basically this will teach you some of the stuff left out of the BF guides. It guides you through building a mod map named Urdur Hakon. Its pretty helpful, just remember to download the urd textures on the downloads link.
SBF_Dann_Boeing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
beeblequix
Lurker

thx. I actually did figure it out about two days after I posted this. I even managed to make a nice canyon for a 'beggars canyon' map but it was too big. thx anyway.

Build a man a fire and he stays warm for a night. SET a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.
beeblequix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Rookie

lol oh yeah, I even played your map before I wrote that. Didn't know you that was yours!

Go to http://freewebs.com/sbfdude/
"If it doesn't work BLOW IT UP" shock1
Old 09-17-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Leviathan

Maybe beeblequix just made some stuffs of this map, but not the map itself ?
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2005, 02:38 PM   #6
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Rookie

I dunno, ask him. But still you get my point

Go to http://freewebs.com/sbfdude/
"If it doesn't work BLOW IT UP" shock1
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > n00b editor questions