lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Beating Naboo Royal Crusaders
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
Domenic

Exclamation Beating Naboo Royal Crusaders

I just ran into these guys in an A.I. battle. They are brutal! My strategy mainly relies on mechs, because I like mechs and I like the empire . But these things chew through my mechs in seconds!

What is their most effective counter? I was beginning to think air units, but I haven't been able to test that theory. Many, many troopers or mounted troopers? Jedi conversion?

Help! I'm very dead right now, good thing I saved 10 minutes before their rush!

-Domenic Denicola-

"I was born human. But this was an accident of fate - a condition merely of time and place. I believe it's something we have the power to change…"

Last edited by Domenic; 09-26-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Domenic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2002, 11:36 PM   #2
Kryllith
Hideous Twit

I usually use air to counter them, fighters especially though air cruisers work well if you're playing CC. I've also ripped them quite handily with Heavy Destroyer Droids (if you're playing the Trade Federation).

Kryllith
Kryllith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
Wehutti

I met those guys with Trade Federation once, but I must say they aren't soo strong as you're saying. They look strong for me. I played with Royal Naboo on Single Player and the enemy's (Gungans) Fortress shoot them in a second. It depends on the size of your army. But Kryllith's idea is good too.
Wehutti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
TheMadDoofer
You gonna make biscuits?

If they catch you off guard, and you haven't got any mechs, then start building a mech factory right away and send your troopers out to get them. (Mounted troopers aren't all that good against troops). This will buy you some time (and possibly fight them off) until you get a mech factory up and running.

"700 years old, and still **** you up I can" -Yoda
http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriemalen/jedi/yoda.jpg

Aresen, where sanity is abnormal.
JK.com, where you can wax nostalgic about a great game
GB.com, where people are more normal, but still fun to hang around with

TheMadDoofer on WoW (Bloodscalp server), Call of Duty:UO, Battlefield 2,
JKA, and Republic Commando. If you see me, then shoot me or whatever.
TheMadDoofer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
Kryllith
Hideous Twit

It really depends on whether or not you're playing the original game or if you've the CC expansion. I've not played them with the expansion, but apparently they are a lot better (they were killed too easily, imho, in the original so I didn't play them much, opting instead for Naboo air and jedi).

Kryllith
Kryllith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2002, 03:39 PM   #6
bobafett765

Since Royal Crusaders are considered to be troopers, they can easily be taken down by strike mechs or large amounts of other troopers. However, your strike mechs need to keep their distance, as Royal Crusaders excel at killing mechs. Since Elite Royal Crusaders are shielded, grenade troopers (which are good at taking out shields) can also be a help.

My friend and I have a Battlegrounds website completely devoted to strategies, and one of them is a Royal Crusader strategy. You can see that strategy and the rest of the site at:

Echo Base

Hope this helped.
bobafett765 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2003, 05:35 PM   #7
TheXerox

I usually go with turrets at my walls. If you get a good number of them spaced evenly, they can lay down a good amount of fire and easily kill anything, including Royal Crusaders.
TheXerox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2003, 08:27 AM   #8
Praetorian

If you like empire, then use dark troopers. I play empire sometimes when I play on a LAN with my friends, one of which uses Naboo w/ Royal Crus. He sends about 40-60 at a time. The best way I found to be them was not strike mechs or troopers, but rather dark troopers. Royal Crus. are considered mounted troopers...dark troopers have a bonus against all troop center units.

RPM ayhem
Novice Marksman
Novice Medic
Mesric Sanctuary, Tatooine - Starsider

www.natural-selection.org Best HL mod EVAR!!!
Yes, even better that Counter-Strike.
Praetorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2003, 04:07 AM   #9
DarthMaulUK

When creating your army, it is all about balance.

Strike Mechs & Mech destroyers are cheap to build with food and carbon and mass building means that you should win the day...also its great to have troopers there to support your mechs against them as Naboo Crusaders attack at very close range.

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #10
AT-ATNemesis
Rookie

if u r empire use dark troopers
if u r Trade federation use destroyer droids

Just use your side's unique unit

hope this helps

I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing!~Lord Vader
Wipe Them Out,All Of Them!~Darth Sidious
At Last We Will Have Our Revenge~Darth Maul

Gone A-Sniping Back In 3
AT-ATNemesis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > SWGB Strategy Center > Beating Naboo Royal Crusaders