lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Rising Empire: Chapter 1, Part 1 (Almost done)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2005, 12:51 PM   #41
Shrub91
Rookie

Maybe you could hire David Duchovny to be voice actor for Jarron?
LOL, wishful thinking.
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 12:49 AM   #42
Antizac

Current Game: Skyrim
Hehe. I wish...
...I have to settle for mediocre voice-talent...myself, actually...

Schrub - To answer your question, It's about 30-40% done as a whole (Chapters 1,2,& 3 - I have pieces of Chapters 2 & 3 already completed)

But this current Chapter, 1, is gonna be released first, and it's about 75-80% done. It's mostly scripting, that's left. (and it's very boring)

Well, it's been awhile, but here's some updates - mostly from places that have already been showcased...

From the Beginning:
A fairly new Corellian ship exits hyperspace...and is the subject of a current project, being developed at the Imperial Research Facility on Coruscant.

Darth Vader, disapproving of the General's presentation, and the project's early unveiling...

Meanwhile, our main character, Jarron, awakens from his long tram ride...

And makes his way through the station...

...to the security checkpoint...

Last edited by Antizac; 10-16-2005 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Text
Antizac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 12:50 AM   #43
Antizac

...Finally, to the surface...

Cheap run-down government funded apartments, strip clubs, and anything else in a place, a sensible self-respecting sentient-being shouldn't be...

...to meet-up with someone...

...And at some point he ends up in this cheap lodging-suite, where he's briefed on his mission objectives...

Yes, those Shades, actually work, and the background buildings (the ones you'll never set foot on) are all misc .md3 models, with the lowest polycount possible (during compile, the polys would always be divided up too much) so, this makes things, overall, faster...

comments?

-Dan
Old 10-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #44
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
How's "****ing awesome" for a comment?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 01:22 AM   #45
Antizac

Thanks for the feedback/replies, everyone... And by everyone, I mean Prime. (and yes, everyone after my post prior to that)...
...it's been awhile, because I've been procrastinating, and trying to lead less of a secluded lifestyle...
Anyway here's what happens when I procrastinate:

WIP images of the Imperial City in Chapter 3:

It's basically just the buildings, near the sea-port (which will be 3 times larger, than it is now). The more extravagant, gothic-architectural buildings are gonna be farther back from the sea, closer to the cliff face, that the entire 3,000 year-old palace is built into...

Yes, I'm fully aware that the buildings suck, and are a just a bunch of painted boxes - it's purposely done.The buildings are placeholders - it's a Work In Progress, and there's gonna be 3 times the buildings there are now, with more detail. I'm not really asking for criticism, on the architecture, just yet, I'm just looking for criticism, on the concept - the pictures are like an animatic for a film. Boxes, and shapes, just giving you a basic idea of the final product - even though the pictures don't even begin to do the final product justice - buildings are gonna be much more detialed, and the background should be surrounded, by a cliff, with a palace to the West, and the ocean to the east....

...if you can use you imagination...what do you think of the idea, and the concept?

Chapters 2 and 3 are gonna be finished before the first one, at this rate...
not likely...But scripting is SOOOO boring, and time-consuming...

You're probably wondering how these two totally diferent environments come together in the story. Well, all I'm gonna say for now (and until I've released Chapter 1), is - this medival-gothic-renaissance/pre-industrial, type planet, that the main characters crash-land on - is in an uncharted territory beyond the outer-rim, on the bordering edge of a small, neighboring star-cluster.
The systems' planets in the cluster have always been unquestionably labeled, as lifeless rocks by scout probes, so none of the exploration organizations have bothered to make a 2-year hyperspace jump, just to explore the barren systems. Due to this fact, the pre-industrialized civilizations that populate the planet, have had no contact with any outside worlds...

Anyway, that's most of the logic behind it. But there's a huge back-story, of how these people came into being, on this planet, that the two main characters will crash on...

At this point, I just wish I could afford actors, so I can make this into a fan-film (I almost hate to call it that), it would take less time to make...
...I just wish I could project images from my head, and tell the story, that way.

Anyway, until that technology becomes available, I'm gonna keep working...
...Back to scrpting - for Chapter 1...

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 11-16-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:25 AM   #46
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Waoh those are really awesome...must have overlooked those new pics. Very awesome!

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 PM   #47
StaffSaberist
DECEPTION IS FINISHED! :D

Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
Just when I thought there was no more inspiration to continue my own project... I see this... and it inspires me to work hard. Or at least to learn some modeling skills. This is a ****ing AWESOME project, I can't wait to see the release. If there's a good JA SP levelset, it's this one.

Sorry to say good, no word can truly do it justice. Perfect is too much; there's only one perfect thing. Excellent isn't enough... ah, the terrible limitations of the English Language!

Oh, and I want your video card...

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 01:55 AM   #48
Shrub91
Rookie

Hi, sorry about the bump. I'm just curious, is this still being made or is it dead?
hope you see this Dak.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:04 AM   #49
Antizac

You, know it's funny....most days I'd say "yes"...
...but just today, for the first time, I'm not sure.

Girls - they sure know how to mess with your head...
...maybe that's whay I was avoiding them for the last couple years...

Ask me some other time...

This is an update, as of March 22:

I started fiddling around with my skybox in 3DS Max, and next thing I know, I'm re-arranging everything, moving the buildings closer to the perspective and moving all the seperate sections to different heights...

....needless to say, once I got it rendered, and in the game...it kicks ass. I can't even believe how much more depth it has now...

-Dan
Old 04-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #50
Shrub91
Rookie

wow, thats probably on par with the sheer awesomeness of that level in JK1 (think it was coruscant or sumtin) That rocks.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #51
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Nice eye candy.

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #52
Antizac

Post Where have the years gone?

Wow... I was still trying to mod up to 2007?

I'm sorry for reviving an old thread but I had to take a trip to Nostalgia City earlier today, after seeing some links on youtube for the now dead Dark Forces Mod...
...It's good to hear those guys are moving on. It's a lot of stress trying to keep a mod going on your own - but I hope someone picks it up for them. But I digress.

I recently moved on, myself back in 2009 - but didn't officially announce it until about 4 months ago.

Everything's explained in a bit more deatil in the Moddb link.
Basically, after a few mild crashes, life changes and whatnot this is all that really survived:
View page
YouTube Video

Since I was last posting on here - my job started paying well so it involved me working much more often - I traveled to UK and spent some time in Norway, finished some college and played Star Wars Galaxies up to the very end...yes. Had some good times and had some really messed up drama between guilds and such (seriously. GAME, people!) - but overall it was an adventure with good friends that we all had some fun with.
(And oddly enough, I enjoyed making too many videos about my made-up alter-ego Kliff Edge...)

Right now I'm just working hard, saving up a small fortune, working on a few small personal projects and staying healthy.

How's everyone else been?

-Dan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Mapping > The Rising Empire: Chapter 1, Part 1 (Almost done)