lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: This has gone too far...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-02-2005, 04:18 AM   #41
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
I was waiting for you to mention me Vlad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Hmmm... Then it is obvious that you aren't aware of the situation that was occuring in the 'KOTOR 3 guessings' thread. So when you read the posts of me, LIYAD, RedHawke and so on, you'll understand what I mean.
It is apparent from your previous and above posts that you have no clue as to what developing a game is like. There is a ton more going on than reading the inane posts of people debating features on a fan forum. I have some expirience with developing an RPG, the development guidelines, how to cater to your target audience, and focusing on the features that audience will enjoy most, but since KOTOR III is a sequel they have to keep the game in the style of it's predecessors, to massively alter gameplay at this time would be catastrophic... that is what the Developers of KOTOR III will follow, wheather you personally agree with, or even like it, is of no consequence.

Also you have no basis to whine about our posts in response to others, we have the right to do so, just like you do... what you, and some others wanted to do to the game, was some of the lousiest ideas I have heard of, short of the BetaMax! Don't knock me or LIAYD for stating our opinions.

Seriously, this thread is another pointless rant against everyone who thinks differently from you! Like we are persecuting you or something? Actually Vlad, about this persecution subject, better check yourself, please read that thread you mention, you will read on page 1 that I posted my opinion in the thread you made, saying nothing to you, you then took it upon yourself to create the "situation" by debating what I said because you disagreed with it, not LIAYD or myself. Before you go off preaching to the masses you really need to confirm what acually happened, and perhaps practice what you preach.

This is a forum, and as such disagreements happen, most of the empassioned ones end with an agreement to disagree, but most of us here are pretty lighthearted about our posts. Though you seem unable to grasp this part as you seem lighthearted one day, and a full blown "drama queen" the next. This thread is obviously one of your "drama" days... we can tell.

In the end Vlad, buddy please lighten up! I enjoyed our little debates, I never took them too seriously, at least not as seriously as you seem to. Stressing out about things that don't matter like this will surely lead you to a heart attack by the time you reach 40! That's never a good thing!

Peace!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 05:01 AM   #42
CrudeMatter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
sabre=British spelling

saber=American spelling

Star Wars was made by an american, K1 was made by Canadians, who don't know which spelling style to use, so they picked one and K2 was made by a bunch of American guys.

So...
I'm an American guy, and I grasp the difference. and btw - the etymology of "sabre" shows that its french... like some of the most foundational fencing styles. As in "sabreur", someone who uses one. American english, being derivitive of "the king's english", then "saber" is as english as it is american.
but ennyhoo like I said... if the fencing/sabre vs saber question warrants it, then it should be a new thread. ...or am I being paranoid about hijacking?
CrudeMatter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #43
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Ummmmmm, question...what is betamax? As far as I know it is the video tape type that lost out to VHS when VCR's were still relatively new, but y'all seem to be referring to something different.
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #44
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrudeMatter
btw - the etymology of "sabre" shows that its french... like some of the most foundational fencing styles. As in "sabreur", someone who uses one.
Indeed "sabre" is french, but "sabre" in english doesn't come from "sabreur" even if they sound similar.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #45
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
I was waiting for you to mention me Vlad!

It is apparent from your previous and above posts that you have no clue as to what developing a game is like. There is a ton more going on than reading the inane posts of people debating features on a fan forum. I have some expirience with developing an RPG, the development guidelines, how to cater to your target audience, and focusing on the features that audience will enjoy most, but since KOTOR III is a sequel they have to keep the game in the style of it's predecessors, to massively alter gameplay at this time would be catastrophic... that is what the Developers of KOTOR III will follow, wheather you personally agree with, or even like it, is of no consequence.

Also you have no basis to whine about our posts in response to others, we have the right to do so, just like you do... what you, and some others wanted to do to the game, was some of the lousiest ideas I have heard of, short of the BetaMax! Don't knock me or LIAYD for stating our opinions.

Seriously, this thread is another pointless rant against everyone who thinks differently from you! Like we are persecuting you or something? Actually Vlad, about this persecution subject, better check yourself, please read that thread you mention, you will read on page 1 that I posted my opinion in the thread you made, saying nothing to you, you then took it upon yourself to create the "situation" by debating what I said because you disagreed with it, not LIAYD or myself. Before you go off preaching to the masses you really need to confirm what acually happened, and perhaps practice what you preach.

This is a forum, and as such disagreements happen, most of the empassioned ones end with an agreement to disagree, but most of us here are pretty lighthearted about our posts. Though you seem unable to grasp this part as you seem lighthearted one day, and a full blown "drama queen" the next. This thread is obviously one of your "drama" days... we can tell.

In the end Vlad, buddy please lighten up! I enjoyed our little debates, I never took them too seriously, at least not as seriously as you seem to. Stressing out about things that don't matter like this will surely lead you to a heart attack by the time you reach 40! That's never a good thing!

Peace!
* Sigh... *

Guess that I will never be taken seriously, huh?
I apologise to everyone on this site for my statements or opinions that have insulted most of the people I know. I apologise to RedHawke, RobQel Droma and LIYAD for my... bratty, intolerant and spoiled behaviour. (to say the least).

P.S. Yay 500th post!
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 03:22 PM   #46
SITHSLAYER133

me i just think these convos are quite interesting because every1 has a different spin on things which is kinda cool

People in life Should Be given A single Choice where do they want to be Shot!
SITHSLAYER133 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2005, 03:35 AM   #47
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
Ummmmmm, question...what is betamax? As far as I know it is the video tape type that lost out to VHS when VCR's were still relatively new,
That's exactly it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
but y'all seem to be referring to something different.
What could have possibly gave you that impression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITHSLAYER133
me i just think these convos are quite interesting because every1 has a different spin on things which is kinda cool
Exactly!

Quote:
* Sigh... *

Guess that I will never be taken seriously, huh?
Well Vlad, since you sometimes post with a lot of passion and drama, even this one has some, it is hard to take someone like this seriously... I mean really, step back and think about it, posting a post like you have stating your reasons to not have KOTOR III is a little over the top, drama-wise, for a Star Wars KOTOR fan forum. Don't you agree?

All this because myself and others had views opposed to yours... that's a little silly, and as such you tend to be taken as less than serious, yes.

Quote:
bratty, intolerant and spoiled behaviour. (to say the least).
Here's where you go all "drama" on us with this post. Putting yourelf down tends to help you seem more "drama" and less serious... you could have just used the word "behavior" here. Just FYI!

Quote:
I apologise to everyone on this site for my statements or opinions that have insulted most of the people I know. I apologise to RedHawke, RobQel Droma and LIYAD for my...(Quote Altered) behaviour.
*Pats Vlad on the back*

It's ok!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #48
Aurora Merlow

Wow!!! this thread is full on. I don't mind that people hopes differ than mine, when TSL's came out i was a bit like forcefight, a bit annoyed i wasn't revan, but when i got into the game it was still awsome. kotor 3 might not turn out exactly how i want it but like TSL i am sure it will still be awsome.

I actually think it won't do justice to the series if it isn't made. To leave us all hanging and have loads of loose ends would do more harm than to make it, and not satisfy everyone's dreams of how it should be.
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #49
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrudeMatter
American english, being derivitive of "the king's english", then "saber" is as english as it is american.
but ennyhoo like I said... if the fencing/sabre vs saber question warrants it, then it should be a new thread. ...or am I being paranoid about hijacking?
I didn't know Noah Webster was declared a king

Anyway, you know what they say..."Two nations divided by one language"....

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > This has gone too far...