lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Beta: You can no longer "lie prone" ?!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Exclamation Beta: You can no longer "lie prone" ?!

I just realized this today... apparently you can't "lie prone" or crawl anymore in the SWBF2 beta.

Or am I just missing something?

I don't know if this means it won't be in the full version... some people here were calling it "useless" (in SWBF1), but it would be a shame. It kind of added that little extra bit of realism, even if it wasn't used much (sort of like the cockpit views!). You can still crouch, but that's just not as cool!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I never used it to be honest,
But still theres no good reason to take it out, i'm sure loads of other people used it.
It might be just be in the beta.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
I just realized this today... apparently you can't "lie prone" or crawl anymore in the SWBF2 beta.

Or am I just missing something?

I don't know if this means it won't be in the full version... some people here were calling it "useless" (in SWBF1), but it would be a shame. It kind of added that little extra bit of realism, even if it wasn't used much (sort of like the cockpit views!). You can still crouch, but that's just not as cool!
"Useless", not at all. I have gotten to many places others have only dreamed of being, through a compination of gernade jumping and crawling. Gernade jumping opens up a whole new world of places (not inside walls) you can get to and an entire new type of tactics, which I'm just starting to learn... Crawling lets you say on slopes you can't walk on, and lets you get to those places above the 'no fly zone' of the jet trooper. Who ever though crawing gets you higher than flying? If they take it out, it may be because somehow, the way they coded crawling, it bypasses some of their impassible map 'textures' .

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Hmm, didn't realize you could "grenade jump" in either game... I guess I just assumed it was a glitch! My mistake.

Perhaps the crawling thing might explain why they removed it, to limit players and prevent them from "exploiting" hard to reach places or getting inside walls like that. Another cheap solution to a problem (like deleting maps that had glitches instead of fixing them).

Hopefully they'll work those issues out and include it again in the full version!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
I too hope going prone is still in the game, if something is considered "useless" then maybe they should try making it useful. Instead of just solving the problem quickly by removing it from the game entirely.

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
Darth Andrew
Veteran

I found it dead useful to blast away baddies through tight openings on the floor. Shame, shame.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
yellowblood
Rookie

it's useful for snipers DUH

yellowblood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #8
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Andrew
I found it dead useful to blast away baddies through tight openings on the floor. Shame, shame.
^^The number #1 reason they should keep it in the game.

Maybe its just not in the beta. The beta doesn't have dying animations, so mabe they didn't have time to draw the prone animations too. Just think of going prone with no animations... You would be invisible.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #9
yellowblood
Rookie

The prone thing is realy missing for me. I like to be a sniper and prone in a high platform, but when I do it with "docking" I'm an easier target.

yellowblood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
The crawl/lie ability I found helpful when using snipers....too bad they took it out.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Beta: You can no longer "lie prone" ?!