lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Darth Nihulus
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
TheExileReturns
Rookie

Darth Nihulus

I believe that Darth Nihulus is one of the "True Sith" Kreia spoke of. He comes from the Unknown Regions and has powers that the generic "Sith-Lite" (Dark Jedi's) don't.

What do you think?
TheExileReturns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
The "true Sith" have been extinct for millenia. Nihilus is probably a twisted human.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
.....I thought Kreia was referring to true believers in the Sith faith....Kreia uses it for her own agenda, Sion probably only believes in the Force itself and it's power, and Nihilus....most likely believes in himself.
Well, IMAO, anyway...

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #4
Venom750
Veteran

and plus when you ask
spoiler:
Visas what she saw after you kill Nihlus she says a man just a man

I not paranoid it's everyone else

Venom750 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #5
DarthVandar205

spoiler:

KOTOR 1 says that true sith have been extinct for a millenia and that the sith that exist today are merely followers of an ideal. I doubt any of the Sith Lords in KOTOR 2 are any sort of true sith, theyre just twisted humans corrupted by the dark side that follow the sith ideal. I dont think youd ever want to run into a true sith.
DarthVandar205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #6
Vibro

He's probably just a human who was corrupted by the dark side during the Mandalorian Wars.
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
YertyL

Somehow I really do not like the idea of KOTOR (and STAR WARS generally) getting too mystic ... games (& movies) do not necessarily get better if the stories become more epic (and this can also often backstab - if an epic story is not told well, things get ridicoulus fast - rember fighting Darth Nihilus compared to the dialogue with Clnl. Tobin shortly before? )
Part of the fun of the original SW movies was that they did not take themselves too serously - and that we could identify easily with the main actors. Both these things can get lost pretty fast if the story revolves only around the next, improved, even more powerful jedi destroying whole planets or the Force itself ....
So yeah, I also prefer the idea of him being a powerful man, not a demigod
YertyL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #8
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
^^^
That's a good point you have there (nice terminology, btw ), though I don't completely agree.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2005, 01:02 AM   #9
Dark/light
Rookie

I think Kreia speaking the true sith somewhere. I mean, the jedi didn't attack the Maliderian(excuse spelling) during the war because they do not think that they are the true threat. And it lies somewhere meaning the true sith will probably come in KotOR 3. It just my opition(again excuse my spelling).
Dark/light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #10
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
The Jedi didn't join the Jedi because they thought it was too early, and that more lives would be saved in the long run if they waited - not because they didn't consider the Mandalorians a threat.
Now I may be wrong, but didn't Nihilus speak and ancient dialect of the Sith empire? His voice was the same as the holocrons Atris studied from.I realize this doesn't make him a true Sith, but it would explain Exlie's confusion.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I was always under that assumption myself. It would explain why Kreia and Sion can both understand him. Maybe he just infused it into Visas's head, like Revan did with the Rakata.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #12
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
spoiler:
Kreia, Sion and Nihilus each learned a lesson after Malachor, probably from Revan, in the Trayus academy. Sion learned pain, and became one with it, living with eternal pain and no death. Kreia learner betrayal, and became the b&*(^% that we all know, and Nihilus learned hunger, and needed to feed off of the force, so now he went around and sucked people to death.

I hope this helps you guys out

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Darth Nihulus