lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #121
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

When it comes to SWBF2 I think it's OPEN SEASON for complaints, because the game is still in beta.

Guess what Pandemic did? They opened up the beta to the public. Which means WE GET TO CRITICIZE IT! They want us to question it, point out faults, flaws, problems, bugs, etc.

So no, we should NOT be "satisfied with what we get." Pandemic themselves don't want us to do that! Otherwise they would have just kept it an internal closed beta and ignored us.

So telling the whiners to shut up is undoing what the company is trying to do, which is solicite information from us to improve their product for us, because we're their target audience!

Is there something to be said for constructive criticism? Sure. But we need not be quiet about our complaints! And if some people are a little more aggressive, BUT IF THEY ARE RIGHT, why shoot the messenger?

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #122
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I like the way they created SWBF2..I personally think they did a fantastic job!

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #123
Kurgan
Headhunter

They're not done yet!

The other thing is, in this beta, some things may be different than the final game. So if something is in there you like, be ware, because they might change it before the final version!

I think it has improved in many areas, gotten worse in a few areas, and not changed (where it should have) in several more. So I hope they continue extensive work on it until it comes out, and continue to work on it through patches thereafter (as I'm sure they won't get everything done by that Nov1st rush date).

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 10-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #124
biny
Rookie

I'm glad someone understands!!!

But you know what you never see??? A COMPLIMENTS FORUM!!!

No one ever bothers to thank these guys for their hard work and for making such a great game!!! I hereby compliment them for a marvelous game, for such dazzling work and for such a wonderful inlet into the world of Star Wars!!

Thank you!

You're the s
biny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #125
DarkReborn
Rookie

yeah poor guys of panademic they spent a year and a half to make a game to enyoy us (apart of the money that they are gonna to have) and we are bla bla bla,not realistic,bla bla bla,this game sucks bla bla bla cmon be good persons guys
salutes from your spanish friend!! Panademic are da best!

The Empire Will Crush the Patethic Band of rebels!Long Live To the Emperor!
DarkReborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #126
Kurgan
Headhunter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by biny
I'm glad someone understands!!!

But you know what you never see??? A COMPLIMENTS FORUM!!!

No one ever bothers to thank these guys for their hard work and for making such a great game!!! I hereby compliment them for a marvelous game, for such dazzling work and for such a wonderful inlet into the world of Star Wars!!

Thank you!

You're the s
Huh?

That's funny, I thank LucasArts and their third party developers everytime I create a website about a game they've created, without which the site would be nothing! (except for Boot Camp, which is done in character)

Next thing you know we'll be called ungrateful for criticizing problems in a beta (which is the JOB of beta testers anyway!). It doesn't make sense!

Anyway, you make a good point, since this is not a COMPLIMENTS FORUM forum (LucasArts and Pandemic don't even have anything like that), you need not worry about only expressing positive opinions about their work. We're a fan site, we wouldn't exist if we weren't fans. But that doesn't mean we have to keep our mouths shut about these things, even if they sound negative. But go ahead and start your own forum if you want, and put only compliments in it, if you wish. But, and not to ramble here, but why bother testing a game or creating patches at all? If everybody just accepts it in the first version, then there's no reason to solicite feedback or try to improve anything. Think about it...

Old 10-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #127
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Yesterday, I got to play the PS2 demo for SWBF2.....Utapau was kinda fun...even though I played for three and a half minutes out of eight. The Space Teaser was okay...IT'S ONLY THREE MINUTES!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #128
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReborn
and we are bla bla bla,not realistic,bla bla bla,this game sucks bla bla bla cmon be good persons guys
I'm sure they can't even hear the complaints over the sound of the money piling up in their bank accounts

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #129
master_skywalke

Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderobiwan
Yesterday, I got to play the PS2 demo for SWBF2.....Utapau was kinda fun...even though I played for three and a half minutes out of eight. The Space Teaser was okay...IT'S ONLY THREE MINUTES!
I heard there is a code that both levels are playable WITHOUT the TIME LIMIT.

master_skywalke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #130
biny
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Huh?

That's funny, I thank LucasArts and their third party developers everytime I create a website about a game they've created, without which the site would be nothing! (except for Boot Camp, which is done in character)

Next thing you know we'll be called ungrateful for criticizing problems in a beta (which is the JOB of beta testers anyway!). It doesn't make sense!

Anyway, you make a good point, since this is not a COMPLIMENTS FORUM forum (LucasArts and Pandemic don't even have anything like that), you need not worry about only expressing positive opinions about their work. We're a fan site, we wouldn't exist if we weren't fans. But that doesn't mean we have to keep our mouths shut about these things, even if they sound negative. But go ahead and start your own forum if you want, and put only compliments in it, if you wish. But, and not to ramble here, but why bother testing a game or creating patches at all? If everybody just accepts it in the first version, then there's no reason to solicite feedback or try to improve anything. Think about it...
I didn't mean this concernig you personally, but i think the point of the beta is to be able to criticize the gameplay, the graphics, etc, not the acurracy of its content. As I have said before, as long as its really fun (which it most certainly is) why does it matter if Commander Bacara is a heavy trooper? It doesn't make it less and he definately is cool!
I don't doubt that you and many other people compliment them. But there should still be a compliment (sticky) thread/forum.
biny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #131
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Because it's not fun if the Devs keep crapping on the details.

This is Star Wars, not some random title.
There are rules and guidelines most Star Wars fans expect be followed.

That's why.

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
- May the pants be with you!

A smile is the shortest distance between people - Victor Borge!

Custom Avatar by Wraith 8
Jan Gaarni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #132
DarkReborn
Rookie

yeah im sure that even 1 seconde they are hearing ''CLIIINGGG'' that means that they are winning money and oover ''CLIIINGGG'' more money, i think that the only ting that they want is winning and winning money (and dont says that these commentaries are from a 13 boy so i am a 13)

The Empire Will Crush the Patethic Band of rebels!Long Live To the Emperor!
DarkReborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #133
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by master_skywalke
I heard there is a code that both levels are playable WITHOUT the TIME LIMIT.
Interesting......

Old 10-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #134
Blackrider27
Rookie

you know what else bothers me i was playing the beta and then playing the magna guards and THEY DONT HAVE THERE STAFFS WTF
Blackrider27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 AM   #135
010_sWitch_010
Rookie

the current poll on lucasarts.com may help show the developers that Star Wars games MUST follow Star Wars in some way

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

my mods-http://www.pcgamemods.com/user/8340.html
010_sWitch_010 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 07:10 AM   #136
Redtech
Veteran

*Yawn*

This is Star Wars, the name is an instant money maker. You want the best, try Westwood (before they were eaten alive by EA), or Epic, or ID. You know, people who DEPEND on the strength of their name being unsullied or they'd be down the pan.

You might as well argue "OMFG! There's bad things happening in the world today".

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?