lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: need help with modding sabers and scripting(i think :S)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-23-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
d_eisenga

need help with modding sabers and scripting(i think :S)

hello, ive got a couple of questions, so if anyone can help me or point me to any tutorials that have the answer, i'd be very thankful.

1. I replaced the standard saber hilt with a medieval sword with blade, and have removed the white core and coloured glow of the saber. However, the invisible lightsaber blade still casts a coloured light on the surroundings and the new physical blade. Is there any way to get rid of this?

2. If I want to achive a 'chain reaction'-ish effect, where the player would shoot one object and the explosion would cause another object to explode as well resulting in a series of explosions, how would I go about this? I've tried using the 'target' and 'targetname' functions of a breakable brush but then they are all destroyed at the same time, whereas I want there to be a short delay between the explosions. I've also looked into scripting but failed to find a way to destroy a breakable brush through a script.

Thanks a heap, and if this is covered in any faqs or stickies feel free to direct me there with any insults you deem fit.
d_eisenga is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
GL_Niels
Rookie

2. target it to a target_delay and make that target the next one
you can enter the amount of time it should wait

edit: d: oops that was an old post..
GL_Niels is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > need help with modding sabers and scripting(i think :S)