lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
Necroman
Rookie

He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)

Hello there corpses and smelly dead things, guess what, the man you hoped never to come back to these threads is back with a new face, large as death and twice as ugly. I was banned from the forums or somthin' like that, but they can't keep me nailed down no longer.
Most of you people who already know me are saying to themselfs right now:"Oh, no! Not him again." and for all of you who don't know me beware.
I kinda missed haunting these forums and I can see I've been away for far too long.
Anyway, I was kinda thinking about writing a script for a Grim Fandango fan story, then do a very realistic comic after it, thing is, I have no inspiration so I'm calling out to you guys. The idea of the story is some big rock star falls off the stage and looses his memory, the thing is, he falls in love with this chick and has to choose between love and fame (of course everything is hapening in the Grim universe created by lucas arts).
What do you guys think?

Necroman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
Shuz

Sounds good but I dunno if rock music fits in the Land of the Dead, what with all the jazz and such.

But that's just my opinion. It's a free internet.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
Great to see you are back Necro, I thought you were gone forever.
Good luck, mate.
As for the idea, I could give you some advice, but I would have nothing to do with the original idea you had in mind.
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
90SK

The story idea is good, but maybe you should change rock to jazz, or something. Shuz put it pretty well.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #5
Necroman
Rookie

Nah, jazz was already used, imagine the Land Of The Dead in the '80s heavy metal, I mean, imagine all this chaos, a totally different perspective on the afterlife.
And... I dunno, I think I should put some hair on those skullheads.
Or I could keep the old atmosphere and introduce something like a jewish holocaust with skinheads and nazis, it's like a next level in the evolution of The Land Of The Dead.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
90SK

Yeh, whatever floats your boat.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
JofaGuht

What's up man? You may find this as a surprise, but we actually missed you here. I did at least. I don't know. We haven't had a really good religious and/or sociolitical debate since you left.

So, I'm glad your back and am looking forward to another of your very contraversial threads.

As for the script, I tried doing that while ago (although it has no rock music) but I failed. I'll wish luck for you, though.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #8
neon_git

hey necro, i got to say i missed you round here too. fan fiction's not really my thing but go for it, creativity is what makes us different from the other animals right?

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
Necroman
Rookie

I can't believe you people actually missed me, I love you guys! I thought you couldn't stand me, something really weird happend a while back and the forums didn't accept my password or user name or what ever and thought someone banned me from these lovely forums (can they acctualy do that? no, really?), anyway thanks for the support.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:20 PM   #10
neon_git

Don't get me wrong, I think your the most irritating person I've ever met, but every super hero needs a nemisis.

I'm the super hero by the way.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 PM   #11
Necroman
Rookie

LOL! If you think I'm irritating, wait till you meet me. There's this one thing that I still don't get, how could I be your nemesis, if I don't want to take over the world or do anything bad or ilegal?

By the way, I always thought you're a chick, 'cause your posts are very sissy like.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:45 AM   #12
JofaGuht

Boys, break it up before I have to give somebody a time-out.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:57 AM   #13
neon_git

Sorry - I was only teasing.

*slaps wrists*

The truth is I was really drunk and it seemed really funny at the time.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #14
JofaGuht

Okay...but you get a boo-boo popsickle stick for public intoxication.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #15
neon_git

*hangs head in shame*

Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #16
Necroman
Rookie

Aw man, don't be too hard on him, "give the kid a break". Aren't you a reasonable man, Jofa?

Old 11-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #17
JofaGuht

I got five boo-boo popsicle sticks a week in third grade and missed almost every recess so this is my revenge.

But don't take my words too seriously. I'm probably drunk too, I'm not sure though I can't remember.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:54 AM   #18
neon_git

So what exactly is a boo-boo popsicle stick anyhows? I guess since I've got I should probably make an effort to find out ...

Old 11-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #19
JofaGuht

In third grade my teacher would put a popsickle stick with our names on it in a jar every time we missed an assignment or came in late or disrupted class or something like that. If we had more than three sticks in a week or a day or something like that, we weren't allowed to go to recess.

I don't remember what they were called so I just called them "boo-boo popsickle sticks" or something like that.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)