lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A small suggestion to server admins
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
ManiacMoFo
Lurker

A small suggestion to server admins

ok at the moment it looks like most of the SWBF 2 PC servers are running mixed game modes, some propably on purpose ( wich is just fine ) and some accidentally. it kinda bugs me that i join a Conquest or Assault server and then 3 minutes later i need to change servers cos someone just dumped all of the maps on the server rotation and the server switches to a CTF map and CTF in this game doesnt really work that well imho.

so i am suggesting that when you admins set up a server, do pay a bit more attention to the map rotation and what maps you put there since having the server run all of the game modes can be annoying to those who are looking to play CTF only for example. if you choose to have the server run all game modes, then it would be cool if this was mentioned in the servers name if possible.

thank you, peace and game on
ManiacMoFo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I mix it up for variety. I guess if you don't like CTF, you can find another server. Or host your own..

Warning them ahead of time is fine, I agree though.

Worse problems are people limited FPS, hosting with too many player slots or leaving team damage (friendly fire) on.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #3
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

I include evey map in my server. They are picked randomly.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Server Administration > A small suggestion to server admins