lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: is there any who have encountered the same problem??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
darth olo
Lurker

is there any who have encountered the same problem??

Well hi again now a new question. I have a problem with playing the movies in Starwars knights of the old republic 2.
After I have created a new character then the intro comes, but after that there is only a black screen with music in the background.
If i in the option "configure" choose to disable movies then the game works fine but without movies of course.
Its really annoying because you don't get the same game experience as you would with movies on. I can't figure out what the problem is.
Have anyone encountered the same problem??

I have an Ati Radeon 9600 pro 256mb video card.
Hope someone maby knows something about how to fix that problem.

Thanks
darth olo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I had a similar problem before, but mine was the other way around: the game worked fine, but the movies wouldn't display, I only got the sound. I fixed it by Upgrading my drivers and changing my game's settings (ie soft shadows, etc.).
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
lord ignarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth olo
Well hi again now a new question. I have a problem with playing the movies in Starwars knights of the old republic 2.
After I have created a new character then the intro comes, but after that there is only a black screen with music in the background.
If i in the option "configure" choose to disable movies then the game works fine but without movies of course.
Its really annoying because you don't get the same game experience as you would with movies on. I can't figure out what the problem is.
Have anyone encountered the same problem??

I have an Ati Radeon 9600 pro 256mb video card.
Hope someone maby knows something about how to fix that problem.

Thanks
I also have had this problem, but in a friends computer the game went well. I havenīt get a solution for this trouble, sorry.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I have encountered a black screen before that wasn't locked up, I just couldn't see the graphics. Although it was not at that point in the game. I never found a solution for it.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
darth olo
Lurker

Think i fixed the problem

Well hi just want to say that i think the problem is fixed now. I updated my graphic card with the latest driver, and until now there have been no problems with playing the movies.
darth olo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > is there any who have encountered the same problem??