lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I wanna play JK
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-17-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
wax_beerman
Lurker

I wanna play JK

Where on earth can i find a place to play JK. I think the zone is down, i've been away for a very long time, so im wondering where i can go.

Also What happened to the mods for JK that were on this site?
wax_beerman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I wish there was a place to find JK games still. I really miss playing it too. I think the best you can do is find some people who want to start up a game of it with you. Perhaps you'd be interested in trying out Rbots? As for mods, http://www.massassi.net.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 06:55 PM   #3
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Well, there's no stopping you from playing the SP mode. I know it's not as challenging, but it's still fun to play.

I've hardly played any JK MP. I tried Rbots, but they kept on running into corners.

I suppose if you're desperate to extend the game's replay value, you can check out the custom mods and SP levels on massassi.net that Rhett posted the link for.

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2004, 01:21 PM   #4
wax_beerman
Lurker

wow, i didnt think they were actualy going to finish Rbots...

but i dont think it will replace the fun of beating up on CESC, IGF, and SDO.
Ill give it a shot.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #5
wax_beerman
Lurker

no... its not the same as assulting a clan at their home base map with about 15 alt tabbed people you didnt realise were in there while you rampage through the halls to "assassinate" their leader.

All i good fun of course, they could have just booted me.

Thats it, i need to find some way to resurect JK.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:15 AM   #6
Dusk
Lurker

JK being near dead wont be easy to find a MP game, but there's 2 dedicated servers coming up when I enter 24.225.221.216, one sbx@votj and another FF rotate (30 mins). hope to see u there some weekend

~Dusk.
Dusk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #7
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Guys, apart from the dedicated servers there IS a place to play, at least last time I checked. Install Gamespy arcade and you can search for people who have the game installed (assuming you have it installed and configured GSA to know that) and then invite them to your room for a game of JK/MotS.

You can use Qtracker to find servers, but only if the people are using QT uplink to host on it...

But the best way to get a game going is the old fashioned way, to organize it beforehand and then meet up and play. You can't just host a game and hope people will join, sadly, those days are long past.

Rbots is great, I just wish they had retained the classic sabers instead of trying to force you to use a glowblade varient (cool as it is, sometimes I just like the look of old school!).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > I wanna play JK