lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...

Going by Leia's holographic message to Obi-Wan given to him in Episode IV: A New Hope... is this another continuity flaw or plot hole?

I don't recall anything in the prequels that could be construed as Kenobi "serving" Bail Organa. They had a copule of short conversations at the end of the film (near the end of the war) but Organa was a Senator, and I don't recall that Obi-Wan even ever set foot on Alderaan.

About the only thing I can think of is that he "served" Organa in the generic sense of the Jedi Council "serving" the will of the Senate and the Republic, despite having some kind of autonomy (they also apparently serve the Chancellor, according to Episode I). By by that logic he "served" every single one of those thousands (?) of senators we see just as well. Was Kenobi ever a part of the Rebellion? I haven't watched the deleted scenes, but somehow I doubt he's in the ones where they talk about forming a rebellion. Apparently after Episode III he just dropped of Luke and went into exile there on Tatooine... and stayed there until the next episode.. right?

Or is Leia trying to butter him up by being overly flowery in her speech?

Anyway, I'm just curious if anybody else noticed this...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...