lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Need help on mod for hk-47
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-2005, 02:43 AM   #1
randydg

Need help on mod for hk-47

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change the hand output on hk-47 to be something besides a blaster? like where do i need to go to get hk-47 to carry a vibroblade. How hard is it to change it to allow it to do this? If not, is there a way to fake a vibroblade out to make it think its a blaster so hk-47 can hold it?

www.playergamefiles.com

Last edited by randydg; 11-22-2005 at 02:55 AM.
randydg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 02:52 AM   #2
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It's possible to do, but pointless... there are no animations for HK with melee weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Which is too bad. It would open up a lot of possibilites.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
randydg

for cutsceen purpose is there a way to skin a human into hk-47 and still beable to use mele? where it relys on the humans animations?

www.playergamefiles.com
randydg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
The_Maker
Veteran

You mean equip something that gives the (N)PC the apppearance of HK-47 but can still use melee weapons?

No.

When you use the Disguise function it literally makes the object, wheather it be a droid looking like a human, or a human looking like a hutt, become that object. It copies everything over, animations, textures... the whole sha-bang.

If you meant reskin a model with HK-47 parts I suppose that would be possible but it would look nothing like him =/

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Now you see the funny thing is that if you warp to Peragus from a new game using warp 103PER I think for the area with the HK-50 in it and then exit the cutscene by doing warp *Random stuff* you will see the Hk-50 droid in a melee combat pose. I could be wrong but I'm positive I've seen this on my random searching through the game to find suitable sounding dialogue to splice together for new dialogue.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #7
The_Maker
Veteran

o_O

I have enver come across something like that, the only melee stances I have seen the HK-47 model do are without weapons <_<

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randydg
If not, is there a way to fake a vibroblade out to make it think its a blaster so hk-47 can hold it?
I've done it. What I did is create an item that HK-47 can wear and gave him the bonus feat of melee weapons. But it's like Emperor Devon said, there is no animation for it.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 10:14 PM   #9
fyrwurxx
Rookie

The only possibility to achieve melee integration with HK-47 or any droid is if cchargin and jmac successfully decipher the *.mdl file format and conversion from ascii to binary (which, I can testify, they are very close to doing). Short of that, you're out of luck. Believe me, any work-around would simply not be worth the time (we're talking weeks if not months--all so HK can hold a sword) If you were insane enough you could theoretically (read again: theoretically) take HK's geometry, import a bone structure of, say, Hanhaar, re-rig HK's geom to hanhaar's bones, and if you're lucky, tenacious and masochistic enough, you might get it to work ingame.

Or you can wait for a new mdlops. you choose.
fyrwurxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Need help on mod for hk-47