lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Do YOU Want The PC To Have A Voice?
Yes! 28 36.36%
No! 36 46.75%
I Don't Care!!! 13 16.88%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: PC Voice?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #41
ilwugoalie
Rookie

I say just leave the PC alone. If the character was a pre existing character that actually had a voice... then I would be all for it. But the PC doesnt, once we are in controll, he is an extension of us. So just leave the PC as it is... No Voice

A Powerfull Sith you will become
ilwugoalie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #42
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
I loved the PC voice in K1, I don't think it should be choosable, except maybe for accent. I don't want an American accent because the Brit is the darksider.

So yes, just like K1.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #43
YertyL

I think I prefer leaving "your own"/the PC's voice to one's own imagination and preferences instead of determining it from the game maker's side...
YertyL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #44
Rediy
Lurker

Thumbs down

If you want voice-overs for the PC character, read the text outloud as you choose it. Bam, instant, realistic voice acting.

Disk space, cost, having to repeat everything I say... OYE!

I voted, no.
Rediy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #45
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDog
I loved the PC voice in K1, I don't think it should be choosable, except maybe for accent. I don't want an American accent because the Brit is the darksider.

So yes, just like K1.
the character we play with has never had a voice, KoTOR I & II

Old 11-21-2005, 07:56 PM   #46
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Actually in KOTOR 1 you heard "No problem," "Didn't work," "Damn," "Done," "Mine laid and ready," I could go on. My thing is is that TSL, the PC didn't say anything when you switched characters. What I say is put the original voice files from KOTOR 1 into KOTOR 3, I want to hear something!

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 09:31 PM   #47
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
Actually in KOTOR 1 you heard "No problem," "Didn't work," "Damn," "Done," "Mine laid and ready," I could go on. My thing is is that TSL, the PC didn't say anything when you switched characters. What I say is put the original voice files from KOTOR 1 into KOTOR 3, I want to hear something!
good catch. for me though, those statements were so comonly repeated and part of the basic gameplay, that I found them unimportant (thats why I forgot about them). but what I have been taking from this thread is people wanting there PC to have dialog, not just oneliners after doing a task..... they had that in TSL.. and as for this i mean when you approached them, they would have a response. dont see a need for anything more.... developers probably saw the same thing... thats y all the small comments were taken out and not putt into TSL

Old 11-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #48
ilwugoalie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDog

So yes, just like K1.
After the way our Obi Wan from episodes 4,5, & 6 turned into an A*$hole about his fame from the Star Wars movies ( didnt like the fat that he was more famous for them than his other stage and film ventures) i'm kinda against the British, English accents for Jedi or Sith... But I guess I could handle the accent if it was standing at the business end of my light saber

Old 11-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #49
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Then let me ask you this, why do they all speak with British accents when they're from outer space and there's no Britain?

*Flees before my head pops off*

I just would like to hear the PC say something, I found it neat to hear. An accent would be good but even Han Solo had an American accent.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM   #50
Jamps

No way! Voice acting would take away from the character. When I imagine the voice of the character I'm using, he sounds like me.

I usually try to pick the character that looks like me the most (except in KOTOR2 I used the red-headed guy, who looks nothing like me), so he should sound like me too. :P

The little "gah, im poisoned!" or "didn't work." things are alright with me, but full voiceovers for the PC would not only make the game pointlessly longer, but also take us so much space on PC user's harddrives due to all of the dialogue options. Not to mention we could possibly get the most annoying people to do the PC's voice....

But, if they were to include PC voiceovers, I would hope there would be a selection of which voice you have (by listening to samples.), or just choosing "No voice".
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #51
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
I know this is off topic, but who made several accounts and voted for PC voices? Someone has to have done it.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 10:48 PM   #52
Eagle Racer
Rookie

I want to PC to have the voice it had like in KOTOR 1 and nothing more. Just the "What?" Or "yes?" when you click on him.
Eagle Racer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #53
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Racer
I want to PC to have the voice it had like in KOTOR 1 and nothing more. Just the "What?" Or "yes?" when you click on him.

Ditto.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > PC Voice?