lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Long posts problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Long posts problems

This just happened to me again, its about the fifth-sixth time and its starting to bug me. Sometimes I write a long post, I have an idea or am responding to someone else's. I provide a quote to that post, state my case and provide an example or two to back it up. I like to use the 'preview post' button to make sure its formatted in a way thats easy to read. So I hit the 'preview post' button and my browser freezes. I lose the post, the time spent writting it, and the time to write a smaller version of it.

Has my browser just been freezing randomly and it happens to happen when I'm writing a post here, or does this site have a problem accepting med-long posts?

Think of a post around 4 times the size of this one. My browser is Maxthon (formally named MyIE2), which is basicly a powerful skin to Internet Explorer. My IE version is 6 SP1.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I think it's because your session times out. When you've been idle on the forums too long, you're automatically being logged out. I haven't had that problem ever since I set the "always log me in" in the UserCP.

It's always good practice to copy/paste really long posts if you're unsure if it'll work.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
deamonomic

what you can do is before you click preview post, copy all of it. that way if u loose it you can just paste

and thus yoda said "whoop your ass i will, yes"

waaaaa jeeedddiii

geeks are not afriad of hell. we know how to get around the fire wall.

"judge not, lest ye be judged"

"an act is not a true act of kindness unless the person preforming the act is doing so with out expecting so much as a second thought or thank you from the other person. " - me
deamonomic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 01:23 AM   #4
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Oops, I forgot about this thread. I thinks its my browser crashing. I do have auto-logon on. I do make a copy of my posts, but when I forget to, it normally crashes.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > SWBattlefront.net > Feedback > Long posts problems