lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What do you think we will be searching for in KIII?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #41
DarthLinde
Rookie

Location: My mommy said not to give out that kind of stuff cause anyone who wants it's a pervert stalker!!!
I hope we're not searching. I HATE searching! It dosen't seem like a good plot to me! Maybe actually having something seperate to do on each planet like, Kashayyyk; Liberate the wookies

DarthLinde is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #42
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
My thoughts:

1. KotOR I gave the player a vast world, which was so large in scale that it makes KotOR II look verry limited. Therefore, I hope to see another massive scale KotOR. (Tatooine was one of the largest planets, which contained shops, cantinas, etc...) KotOR II doesn't have that vastness... I hope KotOR III will...

2. I never saw anywhere in game where it mentioned 'True Sith', and I don't believe it actually exists in game. However, there was a mention of the existance of the original Sith. Otherwords, a group of ancient Sith Lords that managed to obtain vast amounts of power, and they are hidden somewhere in the Outer Rim... KotOR III will definatly bring this to light... Original Sith does not mean True Sith... I think the game was talking about the Original Sith Lords... The Sith Lords that started the tradition of the fallen Jedi...

3. I think Revan will become a Sith Lord at the end, and you will have to defeate him/her. I also think the Exile will be his/her Apprentice.

4. Depending on how you play KotOR III, you will confront Bastila at some point. Either she will be a Dark Jedi or Jedi Master is up in the air. However, she may be your guide once again.

5. HK-47, Atton, Carth, and Mandalore!?!?! I don't think we shall see these characters again. However, I think we will finally find out their fate.

6. Visas may be an important character, and I wouldn't be surprised to she her as a Jedi Master of the sorts.

7. I think that Dantooine will be the only planet that comes back.

8. Plot twist will be something so incredible, and its final revelation will be so dramatic. Similar to the revailing of Revan.

9. Ebon Hawk will be missing, and part of your quest is to find out what happened to: The Edon Hawk, Revan, and Bastila.

10. The Driod Factory will most likely make an apearance. However, its story will not be the same as KotOR IIs. I think it will be redesigned, and have a much darker purpose.

11. HK-Factory will be omited, for there is no other use for it. However, they could put a newly redesigned version of it on the Droid Planet.

12. Coucaunt, Daughobah, and Yavin IV would be a good addition to the series, but I doubt they will actually make it..

13. Nomi Sunrider and her daughter will make an appearance in KotOR III.

14. Jolee's fate will be determined. even though you can kill him during your darkside quest in KotOR I.

15. T3M4 is holding the where abouts of Revan, and he will play a recording similar to Princess Lea's in 'A New Hope'..

16. The Republic's fate will be stable and stong, and your PC will have nothing to do with the Republic's fate. Similar to KotOR I.

17. I can see the death of a few characters: Mandalore, BouDur, and Disciple.

18. Handmaiden will become a Jedi Master, and take the place of Atris. Or, Visas will. Since Visas is similar in nature.. Actually, I can see Visas being a very wise Jedi Master.

19. Dantooine's Jedi Academy will be 100% restored with students. Visas, Handmaiden, and Desciple will be running the Academy. You the PC will be a student of the academy, and KotOR III will begin there.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #43
IndianaSolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
I haven't really seen any discussion on what we will be searching for in KIII, so I decided to post this thread. In KI we went through Taris, Dantooine, and then to four planets searching for the star maps. In KII you go to Peragus, Telos, and and so on, searching for the Jedi Masters. So what do you thing we will be searching for in KIII?

In my story idea, you go searching for holocrons, which I still think might be cool. Each one you find gives you more information on the Force, the Sith, and the journeys of Revan and the Exile. They would be found on your planet of choice from KI, Korriban, and then Onderun/Dxun and Nal Hutta (not Nar Shaddaa, just so we aren't completely going to ones we have already been to).

Then, instead of going to the last planet, I thing the game should be way longer, so you go to another planet, and then head off into the unknown regions to another group of planets, to which there is no return until the end. Then you search for something else that leads you to Revan, the Exile, and the Sith Lords. What do you think?
While I don't necessarily favor all of your ideas, I do like the idea of the holocrons and using that as a plot device to connect our new PC (there better be a new PC) with that of Revan and the Exile's stories.

Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #44
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^If its the "going to the same planets as before idea" that you don't favor, you can forget that. I gave that up long ago. Didn't think it was that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLinde
I hope we're not searching. I HATE searching! It dosen't seem like a good plot to me! Maybe actually having something seperate to do on each planet like, Kashayyyk; Liberate the wookies
That sounds too much like a JA game, with different missions that you have to do on each planet, but really which don't have much effect on the storyline. I'm guessing that the devs will keep the general setup of the game, especially since it might alienate players (like me) to change it to a JA game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
3. I think Revan will become a Sith Lord at the end, and you will have to defeate him/her. I also think the Exile will be his/her Apprentice.
I actually don't think so, especially if Revan was made LS at the end of K1. It just wouldn't make sense for Revan to be a LS Jedi, then DS Sith Lord, then Neutral amnesiac soldier, then LS Jedi, then DS Sith Lord again. Unless he has amnesia again, which would be pretty lame.

Quote:
4. Depending on how you play KotOR III, you will confront Bastila at some point. Either she will be a Dark Jedi or Jedi Master is up in the air. However, she may be your guide once again.
Absolutely yes. I would like for Bastila to make a reappearance along with Carth and Atton. Especially if she is your part-time Jedi Master, that would be a nice addition.

Quote:
5. HK-47, Atton, Carth, and Mandalore!?!?! I don't think we shall see these characters again. However, I think we will finally find out their fate.
No, I think we will be seeing all four of them, at least I will like two. HK-47 because he is just HK, and also, he (along with Mandalore) has been a party member for the last two games. So, I think they are going to keep them. As for Carth and Atton, not necessary, but since they are some of the main characters of KotOR and TSL, I think they should be back.

Quote:
7. I think that Dantooine will be the only planet that comes back.
And Telos, and Korriban. I think we need those as well, even if Telos isn't really that big of a planet. Following up on your idea as Brianna replacing Atris, I think she would probably turn the Academy on Telos into a Jedi Academy, with her as the Jedi Master in charge.

Quote:
9. Ebon Hawk will be missing, and part of your quest is to find out what happened to: The Edon Hawk, Revan, and Bastila.
Well, the Exile has it of course. Either it is in the Unknown Regions with him, or it is floating around in Malachor.

As for the Droid Planet and HK factory, I don't really see why we need them in K3. They are (or were) parts of the TSL storyline, at least they were supposed to. Probably people would want to see them, but why bring them back in K3 just so you could see them? Why not wait for the TSL Restoration Project and also the M4-78 Restoration thing so that you can actually play it how it was supposed to be?

Quote:
13. Nomi Sunrider and her daughter will make an appearance in KotOR III.

14. Jolee's fate will be determined. even though you can kill him during your darkside quest in KotOR I.
I've suggested 13 a few times myself, it would be nice to see them, maybe her daughter as a main character, although that doesn't have to be. It would kind of depend on the time between the games, of course.

As far as Jolee, he is going to be dead, I just feel it. Even if you didn't kill him, he probably would have died from old age afterwards; After Revan, I don't really see him deciding to "come out of retirement" again. So, the solution is: Jolee as a force ghost.

Everything else I pretty much agree with, or have nothing to add. Except for two more, 19 and 16. I don't think it would make much sense to have the end of the KotOR series having a Republic that doesn't have any problems or worries with it- and I don't think that the Jedi would just come back so quickly.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #45
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
People are still posting in this thread? This has been long dead for a while.

Well, I'll say one last thing. Forget my "going to the same planets as in the first two" idea, before supposedly you head off into the Unknown Regions. We should have completely new planets, except for Dantooine and Korriban, and maybe Telos.

I was trying to be a good forumite and instead of starting a new thread, continue one, even if a bit old....
I'd like to hear about what happens to Jolee, see what's on Yavin IV, see what happens to Nomi Sunrider too, and find out what happens to all the other NPCs. Of course, I want to know what's going on with Revan/Exile, too.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2005, 08:18 PM   #46
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Well then, I guess you tried succesfully and was a good forumite.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What do you think we will be searching for in KIII?