lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Coruscant CTF map
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

It's a bit...well, plain. You could add a bit more architectural detail (in the form of brushes) where you now have plain or tiled textures, just to make the flat surfaces a bit more varied and 3D. At the very least, split some of those huge flat expanses up with trim textures. Just give the whole map a once-over like that and I'll be happy.

The drop-off into space at the edges is funny, too...I suggest a portal sky with some brushwork buildings to break that effect up.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2005, 09:22 AM   #3
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
well i have been putting brushwork buildings around the outside of the map, but perhaps a portal sky would be better as there would be less brushes in the main map area then...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Mercenary

Don't use a skyportal, especially since this is a MP map, because with the combination of wide open spaces with lots to draw your map is going to run too slow.

Try my alternative

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=140862
Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
OK well I've been adding some detail in here on the walls and such, and here are a couple of updated shots. I stuck with the detail brush buildings around the outside rather than create a new skybox because they look more 3d this way. anywhere you see a dropoff into space, will most likely be covered by the other brushes when i copy and flip the blue side. also, there is a funny artifact in the upper right corner on the first few shots, so ignore that, as my winamp playlist spilled over my JA window and messed up the SS process

yea I know it doesnt look that great, but Im trying to design it for good Gun gameplay as well

Old 10-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
As you already know, environment could use some fleshing out for the asthetics. However, I bet the gameplay is great. It looks to be that way for sure.

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
acdcfanbill

actually, its a little too big

Old 01-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #8
acdcfanbill

i finnally got around to finishing this (i'm lazy, i know) so you can see the finished product at pcgamemods

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/17927.html

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Mapping > Coruscant CTF map