lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Operation Kill Bastilla v1.0 ("Sith troopers chasing Bastilla")
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie
 
Dark_lord_Cheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 220
[K1] Operation Kill Bastilla v1.0 ("Sith troopers chasing Bastilla")

This is my first released mod, and a very simple one at that.

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16419.html

From the readme:

Operation Kill Bastilla v 1.0

Requested by Darkhelmut on Holowan Labs

Modification made by Dark_lord_Cheez
-------------------------------------
What this does: This mod will force approximately

half of the Sith Troopers you meet in the Upper

cities on Taris to attack you if you have Basilla

in your group (and you do NOT have the sith armor

equiped).

How to install: Simply place in your 'Override'

folder, and start a new game (or an early save,

preferably on Taris).

How to uninstall: Just delete these files:

Tar02_sithpat22.dlg
Tar_sithtroopbastck.ncs

*note* This file includes a source code which was

based off of the script used to make Calo Nord and

his two 'minions' hostile towards you.

Terms of Use:
I honestly don't mind if people use this in their

mods so long as you give me at least a small

mention in your readme, and keep in mind that I

wouldn't have even made this mod had it not been

for darkhelmut's request.

Special Thanks:
Fred Tetra - For creating the Kotor Tool, a TRULY

awesome tool for modding, very userfriendly and

can do just about anything

Darth333 - For the wonderful Kotor scripting

tutorials she has made, and for answerring my

pesky scripting questions when I first started

modding.



Really though, all credit for the idea goes to darkhelmut, as he was the one to request it, and the credit for scripting really goes to Bioware.

All I actually did was edit the dialogue file to include a check to see if bastilla was in your party, and editted one of the existing source scripts to turn the sith troopers hostile as opposed to Calo Nord and his goons.


If for some reason this mod messes anything up, or doesn't work PLEASE let me know, I haven't had a chance to test this yet due to my computer not being able to play either K1 or K2, so all play testing for ANY of my mods has to be done at another computer.


Let me know what you think of this, as it is in fact my first mod and all.


"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
Nur Ab Sal
Rookie
 
Nur Ab Sal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 86
Congratulations! I haven't tested it yet due to busy work day, but I'll try it in the nearest future.


HERMOCRATES:
Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks
of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:
This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.
Nur Ab Sal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
The_Maker
Veteran
 
The_Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 966
Unhappy

Ia m going to test in now, will let you know how it turns out

Edit: Hmmmm, either the game doesn't like the fact that I loaded a game that was near the planets end (and of course all modules & dialogues were pre-loaded) or something went wrong with your mod =/

Has anyone else gotten this to work?



Last edited by The_Maker; 09-27-2005 at 10:10 PM.
The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #4
TheGreenGoblin
Junior Member
 
TheGreenGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 292
This sounds really cool, I always had a problem with how you can run around Taris streets with Bastila with all the Sith hanging around, and talk to her about being a Jedi no less!
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie
 
Dark_lord_Cheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maker
Ia m going to test in now, will let you know how it turns out

Edit: Hmmmm, either the game doesn't like the fact that I loaded a game that was near the planets end (and of course all modules & dialogues were pre-loaded) or something went wrong with your mod =/

Has anyone else gotten this to work?

What exactly went wrong?


"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #6
The_Maker
Veteran
 
The_Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 966
I talked to a Sith trooper with Bastila in my party but nothing happend <.< they just gave mt the default "Out of our way citizen..." line and nadda

I tried adding/removing Bastila from my current party but no-go


The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #7
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie
 
Dark_lord_Cheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 220
hmm... just went over the dialogue file :embarassed: seems I accidentally misspelled "bastila"... Just editted that, and recompiled the script so it should be all set..

here's the link to the patch:

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16448.html


Again, if I screwed up on this (yet again) PLEASE let me know...


"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #8
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez
Again, if I screwed up on this (yet again) PLEASE let me know...
Just a quick note there Cheez, and everyone else, on PCGameMods you don't need to post mod updates or mistake corrections as new. You can now edit previous versions of your mod and change them instead, the screenshots, description, title, and even upload a new versions zip or rar archive over the old one.

Just an FYI!


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 03:28 PM   #9
The_Maker
Veteran
 
The_Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 966
Well, I downloaded the new version and still nothing happens, the camera looks at Bastila for an inth of a second and then nothing after the Sith Trooper dialogue

Maybe I should start a new game and just cheat to add Bastila to my party and see if that does anything -.-


The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #10
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
Did you make sure that your game hadn't loaded that area yet? If so then the old bugged files are present in your savegame.

You might need to start a new game for the fix to take effect...


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #11
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie
 
Dark_lord_Cheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 220
actually, I have a good idea of what the problem is there... maybe I'll have to get to the computer with my game on it so I can check though. Sorry again though , looks like I screwed up on another upload .


"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #12
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie
 
Dark_lord_Cheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 220
The_Maker, did you try walking around the area after you talked to the sith trooper by any chance? The trooper you talked to may not have been affected by the script, but others might have.


"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #13
MrVorlon
Rookie
 
MrVorlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez
actually, I have a good idea of what the problem is there... maybe I'll have to get to the computer with my game on it so I can check though. Sorry again though , looks like I screwed up on another upload .
Are you gonna try again with this mod? It sounds so very promising. I couldn't get the mod to work for. As another poster said, after speaking to a Sith, there is a quick 1 second cut to bastila then nothing. I've spoken to everyone in a Sith uniform I could find. I walked around the North and South areas.

Anyway, I don;t want you to give up. This is just too great to quit on. It really makes Taris a fight for survival.
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #14
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie
 
Dark_lord_Cheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVorlon
Are you gonna try again with this mod? It sounds so very promising. I couldn't get the mod to work for. As another poster said, after speaking to a Sith, there is a quick 1 second cut to bastila then nothing. I've spoken to everyone in a Sith uniform I could find. I walked around the North and South areas.

Anyway, I don;t want you to give up. This is just too great to quit on. It really makes Taris a fight for survival.

I'm sorry about taking so long to reply to this... My life has been very hectic these past few weeks, and I'm trying the best I can to get a handle on it all before I continue modding.

Yes, I will work on this again, but I don't know exactly when... hopefully in a few more weeks, but I highly doubt I will be working much on this anytime soon.


I sincerely apologize for the trouble this mod may have caused, and I will be sure to playtest this mod a couple of times before my final release of it. However, I have to prioritize at the moment, and I really need to take care of these recent developments in my life before I can even think of having enough free time to work on this again. The same goes for all of my other mods also.


I just have too much going on in my life right now to be able to work on this or anything else... hope you can all forgive me.


"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #15
MrVorlon
Rookie
 
MrVorlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez
I'm sorry about taking so long to reply to this... My life has been very hectic these past few weeks, and I'm trying the best I can to get a handle on it all before I continue modding.

Yes, I will work on this again, but I don't know exactly when... hopefully in a few more weeks, but I highly doubt I will be working much on this anytime soon.


I sincerely apologize for the trouble this mod may have caused, and I will be sure to playtest this mod a couple of times before my final release of it. However, I have to prioritize at the moment, and I really need to take care of these recent developments in my life before I can even think of having enough free time to work on this again. The same goes for all of my other mods also.


I just have too much going on in my life right now to be able to work on this or anything else... hope you can all forgive me.
It's okay dude. I totally understand. I hope this new year brings great things in your life.
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Operation Kill Bastilla v1.0 ("Sith troopers chasing Bastilla")

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.