lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Gamespot blurb on KOTOR 3...
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-07-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
vince56
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 17
Gamespot blurb on KOTOR 3...

http://www.gamespot.com/features/burningquestions/

First, my apologies if this is a repost, I didn't see it anywhere in here.

Even More KOTOR?
What happen to Kotor 3? Last time I heard it was being made for Xbox and its story was to involve finding out more about the robots that where chasing you in Kotor 2.

But Xbox 360 is out and Xbox slowly dying, I doubt that Microsoft would bring a "Killer App" to Xbox. And with Mass Effect in the work, I was wondering what the plans are for Kotor 3?

Matt T
Portsmouth, Rhode Island


The notion that there will be a third Knights of the Old Republic game seems like a foregone conclusion. However, the game itself has not been officially announced yet, so any info on said game is purely speculative at this point. Again, there's no doubt in my mind that there will be a third game. Odds are, though, that it would come sometime after Mass Effect's release, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it were a 360 game.

And for the record, please don't use terms like "killer app" around me. It makes my head and face swell with rage. -- A.N.
vince56 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
KotOR will be made for the 360 first, then on the PC - if it does get made. It most likely will, but I don't think it's been confirmed yet, though, despite Darth InSidious' signature

EDIT: I should really read people's post entirely before I respond.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking...
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
Venom750
Veteran
 
Venom750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: England
Posts: 885
I think the dude repiling to the post has said it all nice read thou


I not paranoid it's everyone else

Venom750 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
kookaburra
Rookie
 
kookaburra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Posts: 245
Hot Topic Starter 
nice Find!



If You Are A True KotOR Fan,
Please Join My Non-Profit KotOR
Forum here.
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
Vibro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Posts: 264
I don't think there's any doubt it will be on the 360. I see no reason at all why there shouldn't be a third KOTOR. Fans want it and the producers could earn a ton of money. Everyone wins .
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #6
spawn666999
Lurker
 
spawn666999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: holland
Posts: 8
microsoft said that they wil not make anymore games for the xbox and fully gooing for the xbox 360

gr spawn
spawn666999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
Gray_Master
Rookie
 
Gray_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Secret Planet where many outcasts live
Posts: 54
I'm cool with it going 360...but they better make use of the 360 power...I don't want them to make KOTOR 3 an Xbox grade game on the 360.

Great find by the way.


Always two there are, no more, no less...feel weak it makes one, when only two they need.
Gray_Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
CondorFalco
Rookie
 
CondorFalco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 54
I hope that they use the 360 power as well, cos that will hopefully mean that it will look and run great, as well as be great on PC as well as 360.
CondorFalco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion
 
Cygnus Q'ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bowerstone Market
Posts: 1,263
Current Game: liberty city stories
I'm sure there will be one.
It will be X-Box 360. Then PC afterwards.

Don't look for it too soon though.

I hope the reason for the long delay is that the game is a well written story that knocks all of our socks off.


.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
Jeremia Skywalk
Rookie
 
Jeremia Skywalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Behind you
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
I hope the reason for the long delay is that the game is a well written story that knocks all of our socks off.
amen
Jeremia Skywalk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #11
IndianaSolo
Rookie
 
IndianaSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
I'm sure there will be one.
It will be X-Box 360. Then PC afterwards.

Don't look for it too soon though.

I hope the reason for the long delay is that the game is a well written story that knocks all of our socks off.
I'm getting pretty damn tired of seeing the PC version get shafted and having to wait for it.

Atleast this time, Lucasarts better not promise a simultaneous release and then change their mind and not give an official explanation why.


Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith
IndianaSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur
 
JediMaster12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Buried in books...literally
Posts: 5,933
Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Master
I'm cool with it going 360...but they better make use of the 360 power...I don't want them to make KOTOR 3 an Xbox grade game on the 360.

Great find by the way.
No not a great find because I don't own a 360 and it wouldn't work in my house because we have a dial-up service and not a DSL. A pain in the rear if you ask me and I've heard that there have been problems with it, something about the powering for the system crashing or something. Besides, I can't afford one.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #13
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,383
Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSolo
Atleast this time, Lucasarts better not promise a simultaneous release and then change their mind and not give an official explanation why.
I'd prefer that to no PC version at all.


I don't think we have to fear that, though. Lucasarts would be foolish to terminate their biggest moneymaker. PCs never get outdated.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
BattleDog
Terrible in War
 
BattleDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,923
Roleplayer 
Can you Say Obi Wan? The JK prequel that got moved to the XBox?


Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 01:50 AM   #15
CondorFalco
Rookie
 
CondorFalco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 54
There was a JK prequel?
CondorFalco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 02:09 AM   #16
Gray_Master
Rookie
 
Gray_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Secret Planet where many outcasts live
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
No not a great find because I don't own a 360 and it wouldn't work in my house because we have a dial-up service and not a DSL. A pain in the rear if you ask me and I've heard that there have been problems with it, something about the powering for the system crashing or something. Besides, I can't afford one.
Ummm why do you need DSL for a 360 ~_^

I work at (guess I can't use the name lol, I'll say game store) and me and my co-workers all have 360s, they work fine, after the launch of a new system, there are always "glich scares"

You know, if you don't mind me asking, you have been giving me a hard time ever since I joined...do you have some problem with me dude?

P.S. you may not know this, but your not the only gamer out there and if Microsoft or LA has to wait for everyone to be able to afford it we'll never see the games switch over.


Always two there are, no more, no less...feel weak it makes one, when only two they need.

Last edited by Gray_Master; 01-10-2006 at 02:30 AM.
Gray_Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #17
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CondorFalco
There was a JK prequel?
There was talk that what became the XBox game Obi-Wan was originally going to be a part of the JK series.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2006, 03:58 AM   #18
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
We have three threads on specualtion...
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158548

Rumors are in this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152913
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #19
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion
 
Cygnus Q'ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bowerstone Market
Posts: 1,263
Current Game: liberty city stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
We have three threads on specualtion...
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158548

Rumors are in this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152913
Exactly, more speculation.


.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Gamespot blurb on KOTOR 3...

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.