lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kaelic's MEG Extractor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
Akaramu
Lurker

Kaelic's MEG Extractor

I spent hours after getting the demo figuring out the MEG structure and then writing this extractor in C++ just to find someone beat me to it! Well I don't care, I'm releasing my hard work anyway :P Perhaps someone will prefer mine, I don't know.

www.ethersoft.net/EmpireAtWar/Kaelic's%20MEG%20Extractor.zip

Simply put it in the Empire At War GameData\Data directory, drag a MEG file onto the program and watch it work amazing wonders of gloriusly sloppy code, well atleast you don't have to see that part.
Akaramu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
robotsonic
Rookie

mate, i feel really sorry for you. but well done

i can't get yours to work though :/

it tells me that the 'application configuration is incorrect'

any ideas?
robotsonic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Slocket

Nothing wrong with having two versions, in case of one does not work.
Slocket is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
(TAG)Rebel_Stri
Rookie

the other one didnt work, ill try urs!

(TAG)Rebel_Stri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
(TAG)Rebel_Stri
Rookie

ITS NOT WORKING!!!!! idk why though. i put it in the Data folder in the EaW file, but still no new units!

(TAG)Rebel_Stri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 04:54 AM   #6
eaterofpies
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaramu
I spent hours after getting the demo figuring out the MEG structure and then writing this extractor in C++ just to find someone beat me to it! Well I don't care, I'm releasing my hard work anyway :P Perhaps someone will prefer mine, I don't know.

www.ethersoft.net/EmpireAtWar/Kaelic's%20MEG%20Extractor.zip

Simply put it in the Empire At War GameData\Data directory, drag a MEG file onto the program and watch it work amazing wonders of gloriusly sloppy code, well atleast you don't have to see that part.
heh i rushed mine out because there was already a mod

seriously yours is probably a bunch better than mine as mines a total hack.

Dont suppost youve identified those 4 bytes i mention in the readme for mine?? or you could list the things youve tried so I dont duplicate any more work.

as i mentioned in the thread for my one its not any kind crc as far as i can tell I thought it might be the sum of all of the bytes in the file up to that point but the numbers dont look right for that

so im pretty much stumped

direct link to the readme with the bits of the file ive worked out so far

and i really wish id done mine in an object orientated language . . . proper object orientation would have been usefull

http://dedibox.geezas.com/~pies/EAWUnpack.TXT
eaterofpies is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #7
Tyler_Durden

well guys, it looks like none of these tools work properly. I get runtime errors with one and the other one doesn't launch.
Tyler_Durden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
Admiral Sith

This one works for me, got all the folders from the mod, since i dont have the Demo . Now i can try some modding

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #9
troop5

it tells me that the 'application configuration is incorrect'

Same here, we cant get your extractor to work. Why? We need some kind of runtime files or what?
troop5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Kaelic's MEG Extractor