lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: dark side temptations
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
helljumper51
Rookie

dark side temptations

do u think that when acharacter in the game(like darth atris) temps u to join them, that u could jion them? what do u think?
helljumper51 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
Sith_Reven
Rookie

you should be able to choose to join them. It would be interesting.

Savior, conquerer, Hero, Villian... You are all things Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the darkness nor the light. You will forever stand alone.
-Malak
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
SithJedi21
Rookie

Yeah, It'd be kinda like the NPC's have an influence system of their own.
SithJedi21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
Vibro

It would be an interesting addition to the game.
Vibro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
If you are tempted to join the darkside, then lies, deceit, creating mistrust are your ways now. You could join them and in the end you would have to kill them because you are stronger or they will kill you. Such is the way of the Sith, all power, no longetivity.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
helljumper51
Rookie

but u can be her aprentice(can't spel) for awhile anyway. even revan was an aprentice once.
helljumper51 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
I'd love for that to happen. Of course, joining the main bad guy and fighting against your former allies would be amazing...you could join Bastila, but she wasn't really a main bad guy. She was just looking for revenge. Besides, it was pretty much the end of the game before you had the chance.

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #8
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
If this happens, I have a feeling that it won't happen toward the end of the game, and I would also bet that it wouldn't last for long. Some way or another you are most likely going to kill the Sith Lord - I think that it will mostly be like in K1, with Bastila.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
Aurora Merlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
If you are tempted to join the darkside, then lies, deceit, creating mistrust are your ways now. You could join them and in the end you would have to kill them because you are stronger or they will kill you. Such is the way of the Sith, all power, no longetivity.
I like the sound of this idea, i think it would be cool. Even though i'm generally a LS player to have the option would add another dynamic to the game. You could learn the ways of the sith from a teacher rather than just doing evil deeds like killing people to earn darkside points.
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #10
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
So basically, you are just asking for more options?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #11
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I guess so. My confusion would be as to whether it would work or not. If you turn you would eventually have to kill the one who turned you before they kill you. and if you don't turn then you would have to kill them anyway or find a way at redemption. I guess what I'm trying to say is, isn't that like KOTOR if you side with Bastila?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #12
Carthaholic
Rookie

It's always been a dream of mine to play a game in which you can pick a side early on and have the story change completely according to your choices. In just about every RPG games that I've played in which you can either be good or evil, no matter what side you pick you still have to run the same errands, complete the same main quest and kill the same bad guys. It's kinda lame when you think about it.

In KotOR 1, the second I got on Taris I was already telling myself "Looks like the Sith have the right idea!". But the game stubborningly keeps you in the good guy seat even if you're being completely evil and the only time your actions actually affects the main story is pretty much at the end... Wouldn't it have been cool if after finding Bastila you could've betrayed and killed your allies (or not, maybe they could mysteriously survive like Calo and show up later in the game as your enemies or even better, they could try to redeem you!) then knock at the Sith base doors, hand over Bastila, join the Sith, learn their ways, quickly ascend through the ranks because of your great affinity with the Force, get yourself a new crew (a newly turned Bastila and Canderous could be with you already), go on whatever mission that would make you travel to all the planets, go on a assassination mission to kill someone of importance of the Jedi or the Republic that equals Malak to finish the game, etc, etc. And after you discover your true identity, you could decide what to do with the information: either go after Malak to regain your title or remain a good little lackey loyal to him despite his betrayal and become his apprentice or whatever.

Okay, I suppose Malak wouldn't like to have Revan among his ranks out of fear for his... umm... safety, but this is just an example of what could have been possible to do. :P The possibilites are endless really. They could even make a variation to the story for the people that wants to play neutral as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
If you turn you would eventually have to kill the one who turned you before they kill you.
Hmm, why would it necessarily have to turn out that way?? Because of the ways of the Sith? It's true that the Sith often end up fighting each other off with the goal of gaining power but it doesn't absolutely need to happen in the span of the game... Take Darth Sidious and Vader for example, they spend nearly 20 years as master and apprentice and nothing suggests that they were at each other's throat during that time. We can suspect that Vader's betrayal would have inevitably come at some if the events of RotJ had never come to pass, but what I'm trying to say is that it can take quite a while before it happens. So it doesn't necessarily have to be seen in the game.

[Force Persuade] You want to visit my art gallery... HERE!!!

- Carthaholic
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
Carthaholic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 05:27 AM   #13
Darth Sun_Tzu
Rookie

I like this idea, i'd like to start out nutral then pick a side. Then later on you could have the choice to switch sides.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!
Darth Sun_Tzu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It would be a great idea to join the Dark Side. If a Sith Master tempts you to join the Dark Side, then you become their apprentice. Then later, you can try to kill them, to become the Sith Lord.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #15
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

@ Carthaholic: That is they way of the Sith. It is their way to ensure that their leaders are always the strongest. All power but no longetivity.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > dark side temptations