lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problem with Module Editor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
brwarner
Rookie

Problem with Module Editor

I am using the map 001EBO with the module editor and whenever i place something it doesnt appear. I know it is not a save file thing because whenever i edit the module start poition it works. What is the problem??

EDIT: Also can i put creatures on top of placeables like a person on a bed

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:

Last edited by brwarner; 02-04-2006 at 09:45 AM.
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
Darth333
Administraterror

Check the z coordinate with the whereami armband. The editor sets it at 0 per default and you have to change it manually. I was looking for my placeables for hours the other day until I checked the z coordinate

However, you don't have to worry for creatures: gravity does it's job and they will "fall" on the floor by default

...and yes, you can put creatures on top of placeables as long as the placeables cannot be walked through. Edit: ah no. The examples I had in mind were already attached to the module. It depends on the walkmesh.

Last edited by Darth333; 02-04-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
brwarner
Rookie

Ok thank the placeables appear now but i still can't put a person on a bed they are just 'inside' it.

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #4
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Only certain "people" are placeable on beds/tables/desks; there's a Kreia corpse placeable that works, which you can find in one of the Peragus modules.

If you could post a screenshot and some more details (module and placeable names, etc.) perhaps I can help more.

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwarner
Ok thank the placeables appear now but i still can't put a person on a bed they are just 'inside' it.
As far as I know a creature cannot be lifted off the Walkmesh, which is a part of the area, meaning that you can't stand on top of placeables. The only way you can really put a creature on top of a bed would be if the bed was part of the area, with a walkmesh, and isn't a placeable.

There are two ways around this that can be used to "fake" it that I know of:
  1. Add an animation to the creature that makes them appear as if they are on top of the placeable. (Like how the Force Jump animation makes it look like the character jumps into the air off the ground, while they in reality still are on the ground-level walkmesh as far as the game is concerned.)

2. Make a placeable that looks like the creature, and place it on of the desired position. Placeables, unlike creatures, can be placed anywhere on a level and can be lifted off the ground. This would of course only work for creatures that stay more of less still, since placeables can't move around or fight. (Though they can be animated to appear as if they move in a predetermined way.)

The various "sitting patrons" in the Cantinas are made this way, as is Kreia's "corpse" in the Peragus Morgue.

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 02-05-2006 at 06:54 AM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
This would of course only work for creatures that stay more of less still, since placeables can't move around or fight.
They can be rotated via scripting though. (Old link on this topic: here)
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Problem with Module Editor