lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Could we use VPN to get around gamespy problem?
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
dougsmithuk
Rookie

Could we use VPN to get around gamespy problem?

Been trying this with a friend before I gave up. Maybe others could figure it out (unless its disabled somehow in the game!!):

I set-up a VPN server on my LAN at home and my friend connected to my network from his house fine. He was assigned a local IP address and I could ping and browse files on his machine!!

We then though of simply opening Empire at War and trying the LAN option as theoretically he is on the same network now.... BUT we couldnt see each other in the LAN lobby

Anyone else experimented with VPNs to try and get a LAN game working? Or is this not possible? I would LOVE it if this worked as I've only ever managed to get a few games working through the Gamespy method.

Over to you guys....
dougsmithuk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Multiplayer Chat / Ladders > Could we use VPN to get around gamespy problem?