This is the Manual that I posted at the Movie Battles site...well, with a few changes. I plan on making a much nicer manual, but this will have to do for now.
I hope this clears some things up for you beginniners.
First, for you people that don't know how to play this heres a short manual of changes to the system (this does not include the new changes in this section) READ THIS!! OR YOU WILL GET SLAUGHTERED BY THE ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEIR DOING!!!!....Unless you spam force power (which isnt balanced yet) and turtle with staff.
1. Swings Cost FP (Force Points) and you start slowing down your swings at 10 FP. Also, all single saber styles move mostly at the same speed. Razor got the windup animations for red style to move alot faster. AND ALL STYLES DO THE SAME DP DAMAGE at the moment, so don't think red is overpowered! AND DON"T RUN because you have NO FP GAIN when you do and you MISHAP CHANCES DOUBLE!!!
2. Start fakes happen by tapping attack and dont use FP. You do have to hold down attack to do a full swing though. Attack Fakes (which can be done by pressing attack and alt attack and switching attack directions) are more powerful (double DP damage) and have a longer saber trail. They cost only a little more FP and may seem overpowered at first, however, they can be stopped by a regular swing or basic fake hitting them and also parrying it. Two Real fakes hitting each other will cause a saber lock.
3. (this one's important) All blocking is automatic but costs DP (Dodge Points) if you don't parry the swing or force you saber into it (fakes work for this too). Hitting an opponents back does double DP damage. With no DP left, swings will killl you. You can no longer do parries can no longer happen while attacking. Before it was possible to parry your opponent while swing spamming. No longer. You have to just move into it without attacking now.Parrying at critical DP levels now gives you almost two full bars of DP. This makes sense because the saber fights go alot quicker now with the more powerful Real Fakes and the stronger special moves.
4. You can parry a swing by moving into it this way: for side swings, move into it with the side buttons (A and D), for high swings press back (S). Doing Combinations of these (A and S or D and S) seems to be more effecive alot of the time though.
5. If you parry a person who has more than 50% DP and 50 FP, he gets paused in a slow draw back animation which looks like hes frozen and he can still block though. If he has less than 50% DP and get parrid by you, he will get stunned (which looks like a stumble backwards) and you can swing at him and his Dodge activates using a ton of his DP. If he has less than 50 FP and gets parried, he will start to have mishaps (mainly disarms and knockdowns).
6. Tavion's and Desann's styles are now available for single saber (and they have interesting new stances)
7. Alt attack for all styles is Kick and does FP damage when kick stuns.
8. you can't dodge in a jump, so getting hit while jumping is often fatal.
9. You can grab ledges!!! But if you hit with a saber when you do... you're dead!
10. Some of the weapons you are carrying will appear "bolt" to you like your hostering them.
11. Staff and Dual have unique characteristics which you can also read about here:http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=118639&page=4
Unfortunately, staff seems a tad bit over powered now, but not unbeatable by any means.
12. Lunge and yellow arial specials are now available with all the single saber styles!!! All Special moves actually do something now!! Mostly double DP damage but you can find the details at the bottom of the page here: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=118639&page=4
NOW, for the new 0.0.7 changes:
12. Real Attack (or power) Fakes (which can be done by pressing attack and alt attack and switching attack directions) are more powerful (double DP damage) and have a longer saber trail. They cost only a little more FP and may seem overpowered at first, however, they can be stopped by a regular swing or basic fake hitting them and also parrying it. Two Real fakes hitting each other will cause a saber lock.
13. Deflecting blaster bolts works kind of like it does in MB2 except it uses DP instead of FP.
Now for the 0.0.8 changes:
1. (THIS IS THE COOLEST!) If you hit an opponent's saber when he's in a slow bounce (after you parry him and he has more than 50% DP [see #3. of the manual]), it will cause a mishap (disarms, stuns, or knockdowns)! Adds more variety for defense and give you something to aim for. BIG IMPROVEMENT!!!
2. Staff and dual have been readjusted so that they are more balanced.
3. Cartwheels and backflips now only cost 3 FP! This adds a very "aturu" characteristic to the saber combat. Its very useful to use with the arial move (the formerly "just yellow" special move).
4. Many bug fixes.
5. Friendly fire saber hits now bounce and do DP damage if you have no friendly fire set. This helps alot in two on one combat.
6. Some other stuff I can't remember!