lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How are you running the SWBF2 server?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
derheis
Rookie

How are you running the SWBF2 server?

I was wondering how some of you are running your servers. Are you using firedaemon to run it as a service or using an active session in RDC to run the server?

My server is crashing frequently to the point where it shuts down the server physically. I am running by shortcuts and through and RDC active session.

Any info would be great thanks.
derheis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 03:02 AM   #2
Earthwalker
Rookie

I run the BattlefrontII.exe file in a command line in MS-DOS "command prompt". No server managers, port configuring, etc. You don't get all the admin options this way (btw I am running in the UK).
Earthwalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Kramerika

I am running SWBF2SM with Firedaemon and the command line option to automatically launch the server on starting the application. Among other advantages, this makes certain that if the machine is rebooted that SWBF2SM will always start and launch the server automatically without any manual intervention. Prior to the 1.1 patch when SWBF2SM was not working properly, I used Firedaemon to run BattlefrontII.exe using the command line options, but doing this this does not afford you all of the options that SWBF2SM has available.

Kramerika
-------------------------------
The Outlaws of Sherwood Forest
-------------------------------
A community, not a clan!
Kramerika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
aknatn
Rookie

Running BBO standard interface with my favorite settings. There are still many features I'd like to see and am not thrilled about the server update. Why did they remove the TK kick option? Server never crashes but I do need to take it offline from time to time and do reboots about twice a month, just for better performance.

Also running SWBF stats on the webserver, which I think is pretty darn cool.

- AkNaTn
aknatn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
derheis
Rookie

Great input guys. More insight the info provided has. Thanks.
derheis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Server Administration > How are you running the SWBF2 server?