lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 1.08 Multiple Server instance
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
derheis
Rookie

1.08 Multiple Server instance

Has anyone successfully managed to run multiple instances of the server? I followed the instructions in the guide and all I get is an instance error. I know the 1.0 version you can install the server multiple times, but in this version that is not possible. Any suggestions?
derheis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
KillaBite
Rookie

I have had no problems running 2 instances of our servers. I have both our main and our practice server running on separate server managers. I've made two shortcuts on the server desktop with "swbf2sm.exe -port 3558 -config main" and "swbf2sm.exe -port 3558 -config practice". Settings are being stored in folders in the settings folders of the server install. Both launch, neither complain.

KB
KillaBite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
derheis
Rookie

Hmm. I noticed that the switches are inside the "" while mine has mine outside of them. I'll give that a try. Thank you very much for the insight and I will let you know of my status. Cheers.

Update: Sweet! It works. Thanks man. I will pass this to those who need help.

Last edited by derheis; 02-21-2006 at 03:37 PM.
derheis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
KillaBite
Rookie

No problem dude, glad I could help. Check out our FA server, -=Fallen Angels=-www.thefalife.com !

KB
KillaBite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Server Administration > 1.08 Multiple Server instance