lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: force jump without a saber
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
mrcheaterson
Lurker

force jump without a saber

why do you need a lightsaber to jump?
(maby this could be on an armband or the feat could be altered... i don't know i'm no moddder)
mrcheaterson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Sorry. Nobody has figured this out. It seems to be hard-coded into the game.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
Jackel

Actually its not hardcoded. All you need to do is change the requireitemmask in spells.2da to read 0x0000 (meaning nothing is required) rather then 0x0040 (lightsaber is required) on line 3 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_ADVANCED_XXX), line 21 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_XXX) and another line whose number I cant seem to find in my copy of spells.2da.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Master Kavar

Jackel, if you set the ability so that nothing was required to activate Force Jump, doesn't that mean you would be able to do it with a blaster?
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
Nodakrattler

In theory yes, but blasters are ranged wepons and thus you shouldn't be getting close to your target to begin with and I would assume this would override the jump.

Through this world we fight for good or for evil it does not matter. In the end all that really matters is that we choose and go forth.
Nodakrattler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, Skyrim, Dragon Age
Does this mean that we could jump in a hand to hand combat an kick the oponent?

BEFORE HOPE COMES DARKNESS!!!
LORD SPARTAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SPARTAN
Does this mean that we could jump in a hand to hand combat an kick the oponent?
Or with a melee weapon?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel
Actually its not hardcoded. All you need to do is change the requireitemmask in spells.2da to read 0x0000 rather then 0x0040 on line 3 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_ADVANCED_XXX), line 21 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_XXX) and another line whose number I cant seem to find in my copy of spells.2da.
Are you sure of this? As far as I understand it the "_XXX" suffixed lines are old leftover junk lines that are no longer used for anything (but can't easily be deleted from the file since spells.2da is line number indexed). I'd assume Force Jump originally was meant to be implemented as a targeted power before they made it into a feat instead.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
Are you sure of this? As far as I understand it the "_XXX" suffixed lines are old leftover junk lines that are no longer used for anything (but can't easily be deleted from the file since spells.2da is line number indexed). I'd assume Force Jump originally was meant to be implemented as a targeted power before they made it into a feat instead.
Yes this is correct. Also if you make a new baseitem entry for a lightsaber, this also "breaks" Force Jump. Force Jump only works with the original baseitem entry only. I'm sure anyone who worked on the USM mod can confirm this.

EDIT: Stoffe, would it be possible to script this into an actual force power? That would be pretty cool.

Last edited by deathdisco; 02-17-2006 at 05:02 PM.
deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
mrcheaterson
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel
Actually its not hardcoded. All you need to do is change the requireitemmask in spells.2da to read 0x0000 (meaning nothing is required) rather then 0x0040 (lightsaber is required) on line 3 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_ADVANCED_XXX), line 21 (FORCE_POWER_FORCE_JUMP_XXX) and another line whose number I cant seem to find in my copy of spells.2da.
I tried this and all i got was a game that wouldn't load...
are you sure FORCE_JUMP_XXX is the correct force jump file to edit?
mrcheaterson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdisco
EDIT: Stoffe, would it be possible to script this into an actual force power? That would be pretty cool.
Not one that reliably works just as the Force Jump feat(s) do, but you can probably fake it somewhat similarily. There are three problems that I can think of to make Jump into a targetable force power:
  1. The scriptable ForceJump effect only moves the character to the target, but does not automatically play the "jumping" animation, so it'll look like you slide across the floor to the target if you just use it. This could probably be worked around by finding the animation number(s) for the jumping animation(s) and playing it/them manually with PlayAnimation, though getting it to play right for enemies of variable distance away might take some work.

2. The jump effect does not do a weapon attack against the target. This could be worked around by making an attack roll manually and apply scripted damage (taking dual wielding and Speed into account) if it calculates as a hit, though any scripted properties or damage upgrades on the wielded saber(s) will be lost.

3. The jump effect does not check distance to target or for a clear "Line of Flight", making you bump into any obstacles along the route, never reaching the target. You could do this check manually and abort if necessary, but only after the power has already been cast.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #12
miraavery
Rookie

So it is not possible to make this mod? Owww. No Fair

miraavery, I understand your feelings, but this post is quite spammy, it also can be considered "bumping" the thread. Both are against the Forum Rules. Just a freindly reminder. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 03-03-2006 at 01:25 AM.
miraavery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
Suikotsu
Rookie

Why not just make it requre a melee weapon?
Suikotsu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > force jump without a saber