lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Confused about reinforcements in space
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
jediturkey
Banned

Confused about reinforcements in space

I'm confused about reinforcements in space. I'm being attacked by the empire, and automatically, near my space station, reinforcements are coming in to help me. Are they from my other systems or .. ?

Thank you.
jediturkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
arkodeon
Rookie

The are the garrison that comes in due to your Station Level, they just appear out of the air. ;D Your other units in other systems are not being affected, don't worry.

arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
jediturkey
Banned

That's odd. It seemed like units from other systems. Are they being built by the station?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #4
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

They just come with the station. As long as your station hangar is intact, those garrison units will hyperspace in. Every time the enemy destroys a garrison unit, a new one will hyperspace in. It works just like troops spawning from a barracks on the ground.

The units don't "come from" any particular fleet or system, they come with the station (depending on your station level). Though, of course, you can always pretend they hyperspaced in from a nearby system when they recieved word of the attack.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #5
jediturkey
Banned

Are they in unlimited quantities? How can I tell how many are garrisoned?

Thank you.

Last edited by jediturkey; 03-04-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #6
pbarny

Like stated above, as long as your hangar remains intact (that is the hardpoint isn't destroyed) you keep getting a replacement unit when one is destroyed. You have an unlimited number but only one deployed at a time.

pbarny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
ScorLibran
Rookie

The number of each ship type depends on the level of Space station. A Rebel level-4 space station, for instance, garrisons 1 Nebulon-B, 2 Corellion Corvettes, 4 X-Wing squadrons and 2 Y-Wing squadrons.

And yeah it'll keep spawning them indefinitely. And there's a little overlap, even. If one of your ships is very damaged, then the station will spawn another one in its place, seemingly beyond the garrison limit. The game apparently measures the combat value of the damaged ship, and if it's below a certain point, it'll go ahead and replace it if one's ready in its hangar. I've had three Corellion Corvettes in operation from a Rebel lvl-4 station several times. And I was sure this wasn't one of my own, as it was a planet getting attacked with none of my fleet in orbit, only the space station.
ScorLibran is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Prepare For Ground Assault! > Confused about reinforcements in space