lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ultimate EAW Mod v3.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-04-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
augrunt
Rookie

Ultimate EAW Mod v3.0

Not yet released but is complete and released to beta testers. Check out the Intro which will be included in the game.

click here!

There is another video recorded by an associate located in the Downloads section of the website. Visit www.ultimate-eaw.com to see it.

Thanks, and i am sorry about the delay, we have since lost the patience to wait for the patch. This latest mod has now the ability to disable itself by a simple uninstaller, which will replace all the files replaced by the mod.

Thank you yet again.
augrunt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
mandead
Rookie

Decent enough video.

When's v3.0 out?
mandead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 06:48 AM   #3
augrunt
Rookie

we are currently testing it extensively, you might even see us doing testing online. We are trying to iron out all the bugs, and make it balanced enough. the Imperials are still the strongest, but the rebellion can now fight back with there fleet.

F.Y.I, the Calamarians and the Frigates got into a group and complained for there own hangers, and all the Stations now equip them with STANDARD Hangers. You can now see them plop out X-Wings, and Y-Wings. .

Oh and can anyone impersonate a mon calamari's voice? we could hire you for a few voice recordings. i tried and i failed miserably. lol. i can do a good tie voice, but, heh we need a calamari voice.

To Answer Your Question: Soon... like tomorrow. perhaps
Old 03-04-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
mandead
Rookie

Sounds good.

I have two questions regading your mod.

1, Have you rescaled all the units correctly? I think it looks much better when you do

2, I read somewhere about your 2.01 release containing the Super Star Destroyer? What is this? The Eclipse or what? Just curious. Where'd you get the model?
Old 03-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #5
augrunt
Rookie

no model as of yet, we have 2 models on hand we wish to import and get out there, but until petroglyph releases there tools, we cant. we will still attempt to get it out there though, i am working on an application, and bought a book "Visual Basic for Dummies". lol. so you can see how dedicated we are.

We have the "Tie Interceptor" as well as the "Executor" Executor is the ship that caused the death of the Death Star II. It is really what turned the tide between the rebels + imperials. Ironic...
Old 03-04-2006, 08:11 AM   #6
DCorris
Rookie

can you tell me whats so special about UEAW
i did download it when i got the demo, but i cant rmemeber back then lol

so what is in this 3.0
i looked at the two movies, the beta one didnt seem to have anything new or that different than a bunch of existing mods
and the intromovie, well, il leave that

i wasnt able to find a list of stuff on ur site
is there anything radicly different? or new?
DCorris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
mandead
Rookie

I don't understand. If you don't have any SSD models, then how have you managed to add one to your v2 release?
Old 03-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #8
Evil Jeremy
Rookie

where is the beta? can you please PM it to me?

Evil Jeremy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #9
augrunt
Rookie

Super Star Destroyer = Uses Existing Generic Star Destroyer Model.

for the Beta, add me to msn messenger.

augrunt@hotmail.com
Old 03-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #10
Evil Jeremy
Rookie

i already have you

Evil Jeremy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
EAWFAN

i have a Q. what is in the mod i dont really feel like wasting my time by downloading something and finding out it isnt what i want.

www.aosw.petrolution.net --- Ages of Star Wars: Jedi Civil war --- Official website
EAWFAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
augrunt
Rookie

well you wont have to yet will you? its not released man. so calm down, when it is released, i will post up the changes like i always have. so stop being the "big man". cause theres nothing happening yet. uve been ticked off with me ever since the moderators talked to you about advertising.

Dude, u gotta grow up!... seriously man think about what you say before saying it. You look like a child ten times over now.

Last edited by augrunt; 03-10-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #13
EAWFAN

no im not ticked at u i was just wonderin when i saw 3 i thought it was version 3 of the core game and not including the demo and i only make mods for my clan now so just stop this foolishness and grow up!

www.aosw.petrolution.net --- Ages of Star Wars: Jedi Civil war --- Official website
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
darth_vadar_13
Rookie

nice video nd g8 music! the video was gd but the units looked pretty much the same whats this mod gona add to the game?
ps. hav u got the name of the song in the video! wud lv to download it lol
thanks

Commander Cody, it is time, execute order 66!
darth_vadar_13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
augrunt
Rookie

it's "The Droid Invasion and the Appearance of Darth Maul" an Episode I Classic. It gets better, but due to the size of the video (small), i couldn't fit it all in.

My Recommendations from Episode I:

Duel of Fates
Qui-Gon's Noble End (A Continuation from The Duel of Fates).
The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's Funeral.

[Note: That due to LucasArts/Star Wars Music Making, you'll usually find two songs in one. Hence the "The Droid Invasion "AND" The Appearance of Darth Maul. So yeah, pretty weak lol.]

(Qui-Gon's Noble End is pretty Cool when it uses the Duel of Fates theme in the background, really sad. you can tell exactly when Qui-Gon is struck down in the song. around 2:20 time in the song is when it get's that good.)

[Edits: Sorry about the Wrong Episode Numbers, I knew it was Number 1, just was thinkin of Number 2 at the time]

Last edited by augrunt; 03-10-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #16
augrunt
Rookie

Also if your a REBEL Fan. You'll notice that in-game the music gets a real good turning point and you can't put your finger on it. I done the research, even went out and bought all the soundtracks from Episode IV onwards, since i knew it was 1 of the old trilogy songs. it's "The Pit of Carkoon and Sail Barge Assault" When luke is tied up and stuff and starts kicking arse, also when Jabba gets owned by a chick with a golden bra. lol.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #17
Darth_Extas

Augrunt actually, Episode I Classic, Episode II has the Arena. Duel of the Fates if primarily from Episode I Just noting the wrong movie. Leia was in Jabba's Improsoment at the time dyring the Sail Barge Assualt. Leia eventually Kills Jabba.

I as well do like the music.

Sig made by Princess Lyla

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=20872

The Sith will always be around as long as there is hate in the Galaxy.

Dark Hands of the Empire(Clan Member)
Darth_Extas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
jonesyjonez
Rookie

We'll be releasing a preview of the new Super Star Destroyer : Executor model shortly. I won't be showing the whole thing, but enough to keep you interested in what's to come.

jonesyjonez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #19
JediBdm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesyjonez
We'll be releasing a preview of the new Super Star Destroyer : Executor model shortly. I won't be showing the whole thing, but enough to keep you interested in what's to come.

Wonder if there was any other mod that did that? nah

EaW Modding "Nexus" Admin

Imperial Assault II Co-Leader
JediBdm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
mandead
Rookie

LOL, pwned
Old 03-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #21
jonesyjonez
Rookie

everyone releases (and will release once tools are available to properly modify models) previews of their new models and features in the games, it's nothing new. I don't really care what other mods have already done.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #22
JediBdm
Rookie

...3ds Max (or equivalent) modifies models, the tools just convert them and set bones.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #23
jonesyjonez
Rookie

actually you can set bones in 3ds max...by modifying i meant to be able to modify them (extracting the models from that format, editing them ourselves, and then putting them back in that format).

Sorry about the confusion, I tend to be vague or leave out details when i'm tired

Old 03-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #24
JediBdm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesyjonez
actually you can set bones in 3ds max...by modifying i meant to be able to modify them (extracting the models from that format, editing them ourselves, and then putting them back in that format).

Sorry about the confusion, I tend to be vague or leave out details when i'm tired

But my friend, the EaW format may need a diffrent type of bone then the ones used in 3ds max, look at CNC generals for example, you couldnt just export a skeletal bone structure.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #25
jonesyjonez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBdm
But my friend, the EaW format may need a diffrent type of bone then the ones used in 3ds max, look at CNC generals for example, you couldnt just export a skeletal bone structure.
That's a good point, I never modded with C&C models, only with the INIs. I used to love modding those games because there were so many things you could change.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #26
augrunt
Rookie

hmmm getting back to that pwned thing, pwned why?... we were the ones who firstly tried to include the super star destroyer back in the demo using the model we were given to work with, we achieved that to our highest expectations.

also, the Executor is 1 of the MOST sought out Starship. Why not model it? just because Nexus released it first doesnt automatically drop us down to a copy cat. Hell were using a different model and its all skinned and ready to go.

hope this clarifies a few things, i dont want people thinkin were just doin what others are doing. We are on r own path and we choose to follow it.

So hopefully there wont be any sarcasm and insult flinging amongst the groups, i read now the posts that you guys are sharing information! () thats excellent.

We both are "Servants" (an Expression) of the Community.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #27
EAWFAN

for the super star destroyer please dint make it huge because if any of you have looked at the pirate mod everything has been supersized and causes major freeze ups for the smallest battles. so please make it about the same size as the one from the demo and try to keep the rest of the ships the same size or every one will not be able to handle it.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:29 AM   #28
jonesyjonez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWFAN
for the super star destroyer please dint make it huge because if any of you have looked at the pirate mod everything has been supersized and causes major freeze ups for the smallest battles. so please make it about the same size as the one from the demo and try to keep the rest of the ships the same size or every one will not be able to handle it.
I've noticed that as well. It seems the game can't handle everything supersized and it ends up freezing up, like you said, or things start flashing and disappearing from it not being able to handle all the rendering (my speculation).

That issue is being addressed.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Ultimate EAW Mod v3.0