lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Single player kicks with OJP?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
eVangelion99
Lurker

Single player kicks with OJP?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to OJP so my question might be a little stoopid. However, I'd like to know if it is possible to use OJP Basic/Enhanced to

* activate kicks for all sabers (not only saberstaff) in JA single player without using any other OJP features *

This is not because I don't like other OJP features but because I like to go slow

So, if you believe you know how to do this, please give instructions in a step-by-step manner understandable to a person not familiar with OJP (or modding for that matter)! I've read most of the readme's and docs but I'm afraid I haven't gotten any closer.

Thank you very much for your trouble!

-eVan
eVangelion99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I'm sorry, but it's not possible to use OJP to enable kicks with all the sabers in SP. You can sort-of do it by hacking the .sab files for the sabers you want, but that isn't OJP related.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
eVangelion99
Lurker

Thanks for the heads-up

Thanks.

I've peeked into the .sab files (found in GameData\Base\assets1.pk3), but nothing in these files seems to refer to kicks?

For example:
single_1
{
name @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT1
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_1/saber_1.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 40
saberColor random
}

The more in-depth explanation in sabers.sab also contains IMHO no pointers to kicks. The listed properties that can be modified in a .sab file seem to be:

saberType, saberModel, customSkin, soundOn, soundLoop, soundOff, numBlades, length, radius, color, saberStyle, maxChain, lockable, throwable, disarmable, blocking, twoHanded. forceRestrict, lockBonus, parryBonus, breakParryBonus, disarmBonus, singleBladeStyle, singleBladeThrowable, brokenSaber1, brokenSaber2, returnDamage.

Any help doing this "kick hack" would be greatly appreciated! So Razorace, or anyone, if you have the time, plz give me some pointer what to do!

Thanks!

-eVan
Old 03-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

the "twoHanded" setting saber to use kicks instead of saber throw for the alt fire.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
eVangelion99
Lurker

TY

Yes, thanks, I figured that out just reading some of the forums here. Thanks anyways and good luck with the OJP project!

-eVan
Old 03-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Thanks.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Even though it's not what you wanted, I would point out that with g_debugmelee 1 in single player you get JK2 style "flip kicks" for all stances and types, when you have at least Jump level 2. The "staff style with single saber" cheat-acquired stance also has staff kicks, since it's really just staff, with one blade.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Single player kicks with OJP?