lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Where's the Variety?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Master Leffe
Rookie

Question Where's the Variety?

Has anyone else noticed this, or is this specific to my game. I've added in new ships (some made by me, some made by others), but for some reason, the AI never uses them. Not once. The only ship its used that I added after I bought the game was the Venator, but that was technically already there to begin with. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how do you fix it?

Also, where are screenshots stored? I can't seem to find them... Thanks!

Come on, did you actually think your destiny wasn't set?
Master Leffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
EAWFAN

there isnt any place to store screen shots the only frre way is to press the prt screen buttin then go into paint ctrl v and save it i use fraps so there all on my desktop

www.aosw.petrolution.net --- Ages of Star Wars: Jedi Civil war --- Official website
EAWFAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
jorville
Lurker

i just hit F12 and then go to \Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Petroglyph\Empire at War\Screenshots\
jorville is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
Three60
Rookie

I use XFire with Scroll Lock + S.

but anyway, I think what the AI builds is somewhere we can't edit. I've seen it too.

Three60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
Rhedd-5
Rookie

Jorville has it right. This here's one of them new-fangled fancy pro-grams that likes to put your saved files someplace "convenient". You know, where you'll never find them?

And, as far as I understand, which isn't very far, at this point, the AI knows what to build and when to build it because of scripts telling it what its priorities are. Without changing the scripts (which we can't, yet), the AI won't know the new units exist, and won't build them.

It probably uses the Venator (It does in my games, too. All the time.) because it was in the game originally, and was then taken out, but left in the AI routines.
Rhedd-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
Master Leffe
Rookie

That's what I figured, but it was still bugging me. Thanks

Come on, did you actually think your destiny wasn't set?
Master Leffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
Tom Servo
Rookie

Actually for my mod adding buildable stuff for the pirates, most ships were completely new entries to the xml files. Im pretty sure the AI is not scripted and just takes into account variables like "ship type" to decide what to build.
Tom Servo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
walpurgisng
Rookie

Yes I have noticed a lack of variety with the new ships as well. I assume it is coded some where on what what to build.
walpurgisng is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #9
GhOsT-Jedi
Rookie

Location: Past the outer rims of the universe training my sith armies.
I've noticed a huge amount of smaller ships, corrien corvet((Sorry, I'm not too big on sw spelling lol)) And complete lack of cap ships...

GhOsT-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Where's the Variety?