lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars Questions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
Star Wars Questions

I'm wondering a few things.
  1. How come I see alot about Luke's clone 'Luuke' who I believe was Darksided. I can't seem to find a movie or anything that have him in it, and i've seen screenshots..
  2. Mara Jade Skywalker, i've seen a couple movie screenshots of her too, which makes me wonder.
  3. I know Aurra Sing was in Episode Three, but i've seen some screenshots of a movie with her in a Sith Academy like place, not infront of a bunch of Republic Troopers.

This is where I saw these, here are the links to the pictures.
Mara Jade (Dunno if it's a screenshot)

Can't find the Luuke picture! I've been looking for a good hour now and I can't find the site that showed lightsabers from A-z and it had pictures to go along with it, Luuke is clearly from a movie on there.(He had a blue face, much like a Chiss)

Aurra Sing, looks CGI but still, It kinda looks like a movie, must've evaded me if it wasn't from a movie.
Xbx_Inthusiast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
That's from the podrace scene in Episode I.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Well, Mara Jade was an Emperor's Hand, who from 4 ABY until 9 ABY she had an intense desire to kill Luke because of what happened on the second Death Star, and then they got married in 19 ABY. She later got sick and almost died during the Yuuzhan Vong War, before giving birth to Ben Skywalker.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Palpatine_dc
Rookie

Current Game: The Old Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbx_Inthusiast
How come I see alot about Luke's clone 'Luuke' who I believe was Darksided. I can't seem to find a movie or anything that have him in it, and i've seen screenshots..
Luuke, the clone of Luke is from the novel The last command by Timothy Zahn. He isn't in any movie, at least not an official one. If you say you saw a movie with him in it, it must have been a fan made film. The only image i can think of him is in the comic book based on the novel.
He was cloned by a crazy Dark Jedi clone from the hand Luke lost on Bespin and used his old lightsaber (his father's). I don't know if he really is darkside, he does nothing but fight and die actually.

Quote:
Mara Jade Skywalker, i've seen a couple movie screenshots of her too, which makes me wonder.
Mara Jade is a character introduced in the novel Heir to the Empire also by Tim Zahn. The image you have is from the Trading Card game, with the model Shannon Baksa posing as Mara Jade. At that point Mara Jade was a well established EU Character that appeared in several comics and novels. As Alkonium said she eventually ends up becoming Mrs. Skywalker.
Palpatine_dc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 11:37 PM   #5
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
I know the story, just didn't know the details of the pictures. Thanks for clearing it up for me, and if I can find that picture... i'll tell ya. Even though it might be from a trading card game..

EDIT:: Wow, must've totally overlooked her in Episode 1.. she should've had a bigger part. Anyway, I've gotta see that movie again, just to look for that certain part.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
Well, Mara Jade was an Emperor's Hand, who from 4 ABY until 9 ABY she had an intense desire to kill Luke because of what happened on the second Death Star, and then they got married in 19 ABY. She later got sick and almost died during the Yuuzhan Vong War, before giving birth to Ben Skywalker.
um, NO. Check your sources !

Mara is still alive and kicking in the most recent EU(The Dark Nest Trilogy - 35 years after A New Hope) She's a Jedi Master now and still teases Luke by calling him farmboy

I <3 Mara/Arica/Shannon

As for Aurra Sing, although she never made it back into the films(and no she isnt in the relief sculpture in Palpy's offfice in ROTS as some believe) she featured in some awesome Dark Horse Comics. Basiacally she is a fallen jedi student who was trained by the mysterious "Dark Woman". Although her former master rejoined the order for the Clone Wars, Aurra became a lightsaber wielding bounty hunter Clicky This

btw, this belongs in the very cool EU forum! Feel free to move it there

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 03-17-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
Where'd that pic come from?! Never seen it before.. Ever, even though it looks like it is in one of the movies. And I agree, completely.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:05 AM   #8
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Can't find the Luuke picture! I've been looking for a good hour now and I can't find the site that showed lightsabers from A-z and it had pictures to go along with it, Luuke is clearly from a movie on there.(He had a blue face, much like a Chiss)
Click First, Thank me later

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 03:11 AM   #9
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
btw, this belongs in the very cool EU forum! Feel free to move it there
I agree, moving it to your section Astro!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #10
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Where'd that pic come from?!
I think its from the card game.

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #11
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Where'd that pic come from?! Never seen it before.. Ever, even though it looks like it is in one of the movies. And I agree, completely.
There arent any other movies apart from the 6 main films. There was a "Star Wars Christmas Special" that was aired in 1978 which featured some of the original cast but was a load of shyte.

Therefore, what you are referring to generally falls into "Expanded Universe"(EU), which is why the thread has ebded up here

EU refers to media/materials officially licensed by Lucasfilm that is relevant to characters/events/properties/concepts in the SW universe. In this instamc of "Luuke" and Mara, both were characters created for Timothy Zahns "Thrawn Trilogy"(TTT) Novels, which were later converted into comics and an audiobook. The scene of Mara in Jabbas palace is because the TTT Novels describe how Mara was actually present at Jabbas Palace when Luke/Han/Leia etc were taken captive. She was posing as a dancer called Arica, but missed her chance to kill Luke at that time.

Alot of the images you see are, as indicated by others, actually mock-up images/scenes created for video games, Star Wars Insider Magazine Articles or the various Star Wars Card Games

Feel free to read the EU FAQ I have created on the EU forum mainpage - it will fill you in on what has happened "beyond the films"

Feel free to ask any further questions you have in that thread.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 03-19-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #12
Foshjedi2004

Here is a Page from the Last Command Comic 6of6:

Shows Luuke Skywalker.

My Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Any Websites, persons or places.
Check out my Gallery
[/color]
Foshjedi2004 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #13
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Am i the only one who thinks the Luuke Skywalker thing was well really kinda lame.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #14
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
You meen the clone Luke
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #15
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
Am i the only one who thinks the Luuke Skywalker thing was well really kinda lame.
God yes it was lame.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2006, 03:14 AM   #16
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Well the fact that somehow they managed to find his hand in the very depths of cloud city and take genetic matieriel from it seems pretty far fetched even for sci fi. Frankly his hand probebly shoulda turned up as an Ugnaught door stop
Old 03-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #17
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I always thought that it just got sucked into one of those tubes and fell out of Cloud City.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 03-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #18
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Yeah i was always thought it fell out of cloud city im sure you see it fall when luke is hanging on to that antenna thing

Old 03-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #19
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
In all honesty it should have gone down an exhaust chute like Luke did, just another inconsistency in the otherwhise great Thrawn Omnibus. Well that and that useless Spacebattle at the end
Old 03-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #20
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
I'm also probably one of the few who thinks Zahn is highly overrated

it was the thrawn trilogy that turned me off star wars Eu for a very long time

Old 03-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #21
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'd read the Thrawn Trilogy way back when and liked it and never really read anymore EU untill I started reading NJO Fall of 04 and finished by summer of 05.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #22
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
I'm also probably one of the few who thinks Zahn is highly overrated

it was the thrawn trilogy that turned me off star wars Eu for a very long time
We def. agree on alot of things, Terros.

- Halo_92

Old 03-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #23
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thanks for posting that pic of Mara Jade the dancer. Now finally, we have visual proof against those who say that she was supposed to be one of the "new dancers" added in the Special Edition of ROTJ (she's not). That woman in blue is never seen anywhere, it's just a mockup for whatever EU game source.

I agree, the Thrawn Trilogy is overrated. People just remember it (even myself) best because it was unique at the time, the first officially liscensed set of adventures for the Star Wars cast after the classic trilogy. The many silly things that would become so cliche in the EU didn't seem so cliche at the time, we were just happy to have any new official Star Wars stories...

Not that Zahn is a bad writer by any means, but c'mon, there's a lot of silly stuff in there, that doesn't really fit with the movies, even before all the Special Edition changes and prequels made it fit even less.

And remember the graphic novel versions of Zahn's books are just one interpretation of what happened in them made a long time later (the art style was imitated for Mysteries of the Sith the game). Note the descriptions of Noghri for example vs. how the comic book portrays them. Or Thrawn's "holographic art gallery" thing in the comic vs. the book.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #24
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
never seen how the Holographic art was portrayed in comic book form
Old 03-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #25
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
From what I remember, it looked like a bunch of green vector graphics about the size of a man. I pictured it more like a holodeck kind of thing that was semi-transparent. In my imagination it looked a lot cooler. I guess that would have been much harder to depict in comic book form, so they went with something that looked more like the death star plans projected in the air.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2006, 01:15 AM   #26
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I thought the book said something about Aldarainian Candles or was that another book?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:20 AM   #27
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 

Old 03-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #28
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Thanks for posting that pic of Mara Jade the dancer. Now finally, we have visual proof against those who say that she was supposed to be one of the "new dancers" added in the Special Edition of ROTJ (she's not). That woman in blue is never seen anywhere, it's just a mockup for whatever EU game source....
It was the Decipher Card Game. Its one of my fave EU images - Ive actually got that very photo signed by Shannon McRandle on the wall in my study [/Jade Fanboy]

lolz..Ive heard about that ROTJ thing too - absolutely ridiculous. Jade/Arica DID appear in the ROTJ Radio Drama though, which was produced after the Thrawn Trilogy was written - I believe its what you canon-philes call "Retconning"

Zahn's whole Luuke and Joruus biz makes me laugh myself silly when people say TTT are the greatest EU books ever... people who obviously never got as far into the NJO to read "Traitor". Even outside the NJO, Matt Stover and James Luceno have helped keep modern EU alive with *character based* writing.

Zahn's characters in the TTT are very comic-book-esque. Rather than develop his characters, Zahn emmploys more comic book tricks in the body of the novel itself - the classic one being Jade's anguish in her mission being expressed in capital letters "YOU MUST KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!!!"

Still, from all reports, Zahn's new Outbound Flight is meant to be pretty good. I will be checking it out in a month or so

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 03-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #29
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
I personally think James Luceno is far better than Zahn.

Also its got to be said Michael Reaves shadow hunter is possibly one of the best EU books i've read and really felt like starwars.

Im not really bothered by outbound flight at all if i come across the book in a libary or something i might pick it up but i wont go out my way.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #30
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I see your point that's pretty terrible
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Star Wars Questions