lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Favorite Character
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #41
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryst-the-White
Whispering Rock
Raz, of course. I find him to be a very well developed character, and after playing the game through more times and realizing what he went through in the past, the fact that he keeps smiling always impresses me.

Thorny Towers
Fred, of course! XD I got great laughs out of standing around, listening to him chatter away. Also, his disproportionate body makes him visually fun to look at (like when he balances the teddy bear on his foot).

Fred was a great character design. I love the average Joe look of him in his memories but when he's dressed up as Napolean he looks wacky.

I'm having a hard time explaining this but compare and contrast and you'll see.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 12:24 AM   #42
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I like Fred, because he reminds me of Gordie. If the men of the asylum were the gang of stand by me kids, Fred would definitly be Gordie, no doubt.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #43
Jintor
Rookie

Besides Raz (automated choice), Lili is a brilliant character.

Inside Thorny Towers? Definitely Edgar. There is something inside him that speaks to my soul.
Jintor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #44
PoM

Whispering Rock
Dogen.
Just Dogen.

Thorney Towers
Boyd, because his mind is the best part of the game, he's totally awesome himself, and I love the line "I am the milkman. My milk is delicious."
PoM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #45
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoM
Whispering Rock
Dogen.
Just Dogen.

Thorney Towers
Boyd, because his mind is the best part of the game, he's totally awesome himself, and I love the line "I am the milkman. My milk is delicious."
I'm glad to see another fan of Boyd. I really did find his character fascinationg, espically when I found out that he was in fact based upon a real person. It's mindbending to think someone can and will actually think like that.

I also think it would be a nice break from the norm to be like Boyd. Not to mention his backstory fascinated me. How scared he looked when he was taken away, as if he thought he hadn't done anything when right before we saw him being dragged away.

Really interesting stuff that.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:30 AM   #46
Jintor
Rookie

He looked so wacked out when he was throwing them milk-bottles at the department store. I think it was a lotta fun to visit Boyd's mind, because it was the first (and, argueably, only) look at a genuinely insane person's mind.

Not that I don't think Fred or Elgar were insane, but I think they were more 'haunted'.
Jintor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #47
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor
He looked so wacked out when he was throwing them milk-bottles at the department store. I think it was a lotta fun to visit Boyd's mind, because it was the first (and, argueably, only) look at a genuinely insane person's mind.

Not that I don't think Fred or Elgar were insane, but I think they were more 'haunted'.
Well with Fred it was suppoused to be that he drove himself insane, because he wanted to, it's almost a paradox as we know he wasn't insane but if he wanted to be driven insane wouldn't that make him?

Edgar, yeah. He just had some bad memories. It's those damn psychiatrists with their damn meds.

The person who seemed the most haunted was Gloria. Yet it brings up the same question as Fred, not as much but still it's there.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #48
snailboy
Rookie

Razputin's character design sold me on the game before I even played it. I loved Boyd also because of his randomly generated lines.

snailboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #49
TheWax
Lurker

Whsipering rock:Ford Cruller,'cause he's fun to use your psycic powers on,heheh.

Thorny Towers:Loboto,'cause he's pretty much insane AND evil at the same time.
TheWax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #50
raven angle
Rookie

Location: I live in my room, held hostage by my twisted imagination.
hmmm i dont remember my first crush being animated.....i must be the oddest person here lol
raven angle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #51
zelda 41
Loop Zoop

Current Game: FFX HD/Persona 3 Portable
WR: Lili, cause she's punkesh and so am i^^

TTowers: G-Man

zelda 41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat > Favorite Character