lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Perfect Game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Alkova Lexis
Rookie

Perfect Game

Alright... I had no idea where to post this so im posting it here...

I was thinking about the perfect SW game (in my mind). What if you could grow up in the Jedi Temple? Go through every type of Jedi training and train against other students.. Like the KOTOR series, every decision you make affects you. For example, ignoring your teacher's advice vs taking it will give you either Light or Dark side points. Whatever side you end up on will effect the fate of the Temple you grow up on. Say if you push your training hard enough, you might end up on the council making important decisions and maybe even take up an Apprentice. If you end up on the Dark Side, you would take revenge on the Jedi somehow.. Either if its attacking the Jedi from the shadows or launch an invasion of Sith on the Temple. It would all depend on the decisions you make... When you start the game, you would begin as a child, and the longer you play the game the faster your character will grow up. I have more ideas about it... but i want your input first. So what do u think?

Oh yeah... And you'd be able to go to one of the crystal caves like on Ilum, for example. See visions in the caves and build your lightsaber with alot of detail.

Last edited by Alkova Lexis; 02-28-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Alkova Lexis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I think that sounds really cool and I would def. buy it. I also considered that kind of game while playing KotOR.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I like that idea...the game would be neat. I'd buy it.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 03:31 AM   #4
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Maybe KOTOR3 will feature something like that

After playing EaW for the last couple of weeks I can definitely say RPG rox your sox

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #5
Kensai
Rookie

So the life of a Jedi then, well you could say that Galaxies kind of does this, in a way, but it would be fantastic to have this kind of game.

I doubt were close to getting a game on a scale as large as this, hundreds of hours of gaming to be had...

Quote:
If I cannot bond myself to my context, I cannot bind myself to my presence.
Kensai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Kinda like Fable?...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Maybe KOTOR3 will feature something like that

After playing EaW for the last couple of weeks I can definitely say RPG rox your sox

mtfbwya
Yeah, no doubt. Plus for me I'll be buying BFME II so I'll have alot of RTS gaming to do.

ps. Nice avi

Old 03-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #8
Kensai
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former
Kinda like Fable?...
Yes, except hundred of hours instead of 7...

Quote:
If I cannot bond myself to my context, I cannot bind myself to my presence.
Kensai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #9
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
So the life of a Jedi then, well you could say that Galaxies kind of does this, in a way, but it would be fantastic to have this kind of game.
I dont even think galaxies kind of does this being a jedi in that is not even remotely anything to do with being a jedi its just being a jerk with a lightsaber.

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #10
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

The game would be a flop just like Fable was. Unless BioWare was behind it, but they seem to be caught up in doing AD&D and their own original works. Hey, nothing wrong with that. I can't wait for Mass Effect

If something like this were to ever happen, I'd like it using an updated Infinity engine (Baldur's Gate for the PC and Fallout are the most popular games I can think of that use that) so that you could actually have more than two party members following your character. The world could be much more immense and less generic than KotOR as well. There could be planets upon planets each with huge land areas to explore and a lot more monsters to fight unique to each one. I'd like it set 30 years before TPM so you could grow up in a time of peace doing original missions and then end the game during the Clone Wars. Think of all the movie characters and EU characters you could add. Grow up alongside Obi-Wan, interact with Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku as a Jedi, and maybe Syfo Dias. Then you could have Jerec, Qu Rahn, Jorus C'Boath and more! And then all the factions involved you could interact with. Republic, Seperatists, the Black Sun, Jabba's Crime Syndicate, etc. That'd kick ass, but as said, it won't happen.

KotOR 3 is supposedly gonna be developed by Obsidion again. I'm not as excited as I was for the first two. As said, I want to experience and RPG set in a different era.

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #11
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

brilliant idea but I'd like it more fable style than kotor. and the same sort of free lightsaber fighting styles as the EPIII game and JK. For next gen consoles this defintately would be possible but would take years. online would be brilliant ^^
Fealiks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
Alkova Lexis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fealiks
brilliant idea but I'd like it more fable style than kotor. and the same sort of free lightsaber fighting styles as the EPIII game and JK. For next gen consoles this defintately would be possible but would take years. online would be brilliant ^^
Dude that fighting style is exactly what i had in mind..

Alkova Lexis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #13
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
Yeah, no doubt. Plus for me I'll be buying BFME II so I'll have alot of RTS gaming to do.

ps. Nice avi
I said RPG !!! The lack of story/dialogue in RTS has shown me truly how much depth a wonderful storyline can give to a game.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
snailboy
Rookie

They should make a Star Wars-themed Katamari game. Perfecto!

snailboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #15
†Saint_Killa†

K3 will definately use NWN 2 engine. Im really eager to play NWN.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
Darth Andrew
Veteran

After reading Labyrnth of Evil (namely the part where the clone captain Dyne and fellow commandos look for Sidious), I would love to play a game that allows you to explore the forgotten underside of Coruscant. All the filth, along with the dark corridors and nasty suprises would be interesting to see....
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #17
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Andrew
After reading Labyrnth of Evil (namely the part where the clone captain Dyne and fellow commandos look for Sidious), I would love to play a game that allows you to explore the forgotten underside of Coruscant. All the filth, along with the dark corridors and nasty suprises would be interesting to see....
As would I. Also, possibly one after the RotS would be neat.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:54 AM   #18
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
it's kinda like FABLE. that game rules, so i'd definetly buy it.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > The Cantina > Perfect Game