lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Online Worlds
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #41
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^ But if they put this thing in with K3, it isn't as simple as that. It means the game might be second-rate when it could be better, because they spent time on some "MP online world option." Which is why I say, don't have it with K3.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #42
DarkLord152
Rookie

Location: On a Imperial Destoryer with the rest of my fleet waiting to attack the Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
^ But if they put this thing in with K3, it isn't as simple as that. It means the game might be second-rate when it could be better, because they spent time on some "MP online world option." Which is why I say, don't have it with K3.
Oh ok...I understand but there should be like an Expansion for it that alllows to play it online too.

-Excute Order 66-Darth Sidous
DarkLord152 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #43
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

Kotor should indeed stay single player, however if i was the developer id be smart and say hey there is a large community so why not let them communicate ingame. The way to do that is maybe three cantinas or rooms therin that are scattered across the planets which can be accessed in single player. These cantinas are effectively multiplayer havens where you can talk, swoop race, play pazaak and maybe a few other mini games but no combat. They will be purely social places. That is all.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #44
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
It seems the only purpose for this online kotor thing would be to meet up with your buds at a cantina and show off your newly modded robes and lightsabers during a game of pazaak, because you definatly couldn't play a game like this with 10,000 others could you?

No Way! KotOR needs to stay KotOR. I would hate to wait all this time anticipating the next installment and have it destroyed by changing it to something totally different. If you want interactive StarWars play then try Galaxies.

...however, it's dying fast, so you might want to hurry.
(oh yeah, don't forget your Republic credits)

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #45
DarkLord152
Rookie

Location: On a Imperial Destoryer with the rest of my fleet waiting to attack the Republic
Im saying it as a Expansion pack not as in game stuff.I too believe it should be single player but with an Expansion so you can go Online to play with 16 players who could well be on diffrent planets doing diffrent quests.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:42 PM   #46
†Saint_Killa†

^^^^^^^
Maybe they should do another game or a new SW: Galxies with the KotOR era but KotOR should and must be single player.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 07:23 AM   #47
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
here goes the KOTOR MMORPG argument again! bring it! if there was no lag etc, then who would oppose it? but then again, it would get pretty confusing with about 100 carths running around the dantooine enclave.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 09:57 PM   #48
DarkLord152
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Saint_Killa†
^^^^^^^
Maybe they should do another game or a new SW: Galxies with the KotOR era but KotOR should and must be single player.
They should but less crapy cause I heard the reviews and i didnt like what i heard.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:01 AM   #49
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

maybe like 2 discs like a single player and a multiplayer so they could take up a lot of space on each
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #50
DarkLord152
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleOfHarpenden
maybe like 2 discs like a single player and a multiplayer so they could take up a lot of space on each
Ya that could work.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Online Worlds