lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Evolution - and how we know it's right
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #7
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64
Just because it isn't testable, doesn't mean it isn't there.
Agreed. But that which isn't testable is far from reality when the alternative explanation is replete with evidence.

Quote:
Also, you are leaving out of this "debate" a very large majority of the world's population with that statement [...] I wasn't saying being in the majority makes me right, I was saying that if you're looking for debating opponets who don't believe in creation or evolution. Well... that's a rather small opposition.
I must say that I find both statements ambiguous and I'm not sure what your intent is. At first, I thought as TK-8252 that you were implying that science and knowledge were that which could be voted upon. Now, I've no idea what point you're making. I'm assuming at this point you're commenting on my assertion that creation mythology can be discarded and that, if there's anything to debate, it must be with some other assertion.

I agree with you, however, that there is nothing to debate. Evolution is a fact. Creation is merely a myth that is perpetuated by those that hold onto ancient superstitions.

Quote:
That's because in the creation theory, the origin of species and the origin of the universe usually go hand-in-hand.
There's no such thing as a "theory" when it comes to "creation." Creation is a subject of stories from various cultures of the world. Its mythology. We don't assert that there are minotaurs or volcano gods. Quetzecoatl isn't really a feathered serpent god of war.

Quote:
To me, this thread doesn't seem like a debate. It seems more like an excuse to tell each other how great the evolution theory is. Because you said that you disregarded creation because it can't be tested. And you have already stated that evolution is the only theory that is a demonstrable mechanism to explain our existence. Therefore you will disregard anyone who believes anything other than evolution. Therefore this thread is pointless.
And yet you felt the need to post here and express your view. It would seem that you find the subject debatable (it isn't, btw). Not all threads in the Senate are "debates." Serious discussion can occur without the need for disagreement. The thread topic is "Evolution - and how we know it's right" not 'evolution vs. creation.'

Quote:
Point is, creation isn't really disprovable.
Nor is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Bow down to your God!

Quote:
And you must remember that there is some basis for creation.
Which is....?

Quote:
It's not just something people believe out of spite. And not all creationists are just delusional.
If they believe the Earth was created by a god about 10,000 years ago they are. If they believe the Earth was created 4.6 billion yrs ago but man didn't evolve from earlier primate species they're probably just ignorant, but I could still argue delusion if they've been educated and still believe the superstition.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Evolution - and how we know it's right