lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: EaW getting boring?
Yes, i am starting to get bored of it. (Don't play it much) 52 47.71%
50/50 (Its ok not good but it is not boring yet) 30 27.52%
No, I still enjoy EaW not bored of it yet. 27 24.77%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: EaW losing the thrill?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #41
Orao

Wait till we relase Total Realism mod V 3.0 with redone space and ground maps. After that you can ask you self. Am I still bored with this game ?

The problem with the version out of box is that this version adress directly to action players. During our modding we found very interesting things. Such as dry dock, refuling station, ship power management, political control, rebel diplomatic office, recruiting centers (meaning that only small amount of planet population will join your cause).....

What was good with political control is the fact that some heros such as Grand Moff Tarkin was able to help political transition of the planet by adding bonus on planet's stability against social unrest.

All this was wiped out in order to dumb down the game. Frankly marketing of LA screwed it big time for this one.

EaW: Total Realism
mod....
TR mod team status: TR Advisor, programmer, map maker, Multimedia developer
Orao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #42
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

How well-implemented were those things you discovered? I mean, did you just find a variable named "rebelPoliticalSupport" or is the code actually present to do all that stuff (but it's inactive)?

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #43
Orao

Only refrences but without lua support they are completly deactivated. And the answer is No we can't reactivate them unless we have code source access bucause the game doesn't know to use it.

EaW: Total Realism
mod....
TR mod team status: TR Advisor, programmer, map maker, Multimedia developer
Orao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #44
Buiwylf
Lurker

it dosen't have much replayability, it gets boring reeeaaal fast
Buiwylf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #45
Empirecitizen
Rookie

thx.orao
I was thinking wt those political things were doing in the XML files. This explains that.
voted
I remember when I first read about the game , there were a lot of features, even configurable hardpoints on ships(in-game, not by modding) and even expected full 3d space battles from the screen shots(turns out to be cinematic views only).
Just as everyone else have said, EAW wasnt as good as expected.

But modding is where it shines (this is the first game i have ever modded and it is so easy) It is really a lot of fun tweaking things to your liking and playing with all those existing things like LEGOs. (for example, i gave empire, imperial guards that can stun infantry with their force pike to counter the rebel infantry beefed up by the mod I DLed)

But what really lured me away is the new RTS game Rise of Legend. Even the un-optimized demo based game codes a month old (according to beta testers the current build in beta is much better than the demo) is very promising.
Empirecitizen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #46
ToddW
Lurker

I like the game, but I am getting tired of the land battles which have become very tedious and boring. The space battles are fun however. The ability to build any buildings on land maps whereever you want would make the game a bit more interesting from the landbased side. Space-wise making the fleets larger and maps bigger would increase my interest in it as well. Once again, during space battles I wish for the ability to upgrade the space station (to a higher lvl) or even say you have a lvl 3 space station before the battle starts. When you get into the battle, you can decide where in your ships line of sight to place it. Overall I continue to play the game, even though the amount of time spent playing is less now then when I originally got it.
ToddW is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #47
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddW
I like the game, but I am getting tired of the land battles which have become very tedious and boring. The space battles are fun however. The ability to build any buildings on land maps whereever you want would make the game a bit more interesting from the landbased side. Space-wise making the fleets larger and maps bigger would increase my interest in it as well. Once again, during space battles I wish for the ability to upgrade the space station (to a higher lvl) or even say you have a lvl 3 space station before the battle starts. When you get into the battle, you can decide where in your ships line of sight to place it. Overall I continue to play the game, even though the amount of time spent playing is less now then when I originally got it.
It's interesting to see that some of the complaints are based on the fact that EaW differs from traditional RTSs. I too found unsettling the fact that you can't create units and build buildings during ground battles - even if I had played Rome:TW for some time.

The thing is, it's fine in a game like R:TW since it has so many gameplay features. To make a successful RTS that differs from traditional games, you would need to make something really special. EaW doesn't bring any special brownies.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2006, 03:23 AM   #48
Lucho
Rookie

I bought the game before 3-4 weeks cause here in Bulgaria (my country ) you couldn't buy it before.
I like the game very much and i'm big SW fan.
Lucho is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > EaW losing the thrill?