lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOr Savegame Editor for Xbox
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Darth Abyss
Lurker

Location: 4284,everett ave.,spring hill,Florida;or the middle of nowhere
Lightbulb KotOr Savegame Editor for Xbox

okaay! i am sorry for that bad thread i sent so iam gona be quick and blunt.
I was trying to ask tk102 and anyone who is good at moding if they can make a KotOr Savegame Editor for the Xbox.Here's the deal:If tk102 can use that same KOTOR Editor and make one compatible for moding Xbox saves for KOTOR Xbox version, to make me and all the people STILL anoying me happpy!!,besides(I don't want to sound greddy but...) It would REALLY HELP,for my pc sucks at games and it would relly attract more people if save moding for Xbox worked... Um sorry it does but i cant... well most people cant exept the people from www.codejunkies.com. they are just greedy so thats why i am asking you guys...and girls! ps. sorry if you guys from Knights.com dont make mods just please ask the people from pcgamemods.com;and sorry if i still offend iam still new!! PLEASE REPLY!!!!. thanks! soory again man i SUCK! YOU DON'T NEED TO PUT IT ON XBOX JUST TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE PC!! ,and can i allready download savegame editor to xbox,because I thought i read something like wen my pc worked.(sighs deeply) wigh allways me!!! sorry for the baad spelling!
Darth Abyss is offline   you may:
Old 04-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
Jackel

Tk's Save game editor works with xbox saves already. If you read the readme you will see:

Quote:
Manually specifying the game installation path (Xbox users take heed)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can manually specify the installation path for KotOR or TSL by right clicking
the node that says "Knights of the Old Republic" or "The Sith Lords". A popup
menu will appear next to your cursor. Choose 'Change Installation Path' and you
will be prompted to browse for the installation folder. The tree will be updated
automatically if savegames are found. Note that KSE expects the following files and
file structure:

\dialog.tlk
\saves\(various save folders)\savegame.sav
\saves\(various save folders)\savenfo.res
\saves\(various save folders)\globalvars.res
\saves\(various save folders)\partytable.res
\texturepacks\swpc_tex_gui.erf [OPTIONAL - for item/spell/portrait picture display]
\override\(.2da files or .uti files) [OPTIONAL]

(As of v3.3.3, the chitin.key and various .bif files are not required)

------------------------------
Note for Xbox users: Sig files
-------------------------------
Sig files are signatures that tell the Xbox that the savegame is legitimate. There are
7 .sig files that are required for a legitimate Xbox savegame:
SAVE_PARTY.sig
SAVE_VARS.sig
SAVE_INFO.sig
screen.sig
SAVE_HEADERVAR.sig
SAVE_DATA.sig
SAVE_HEADER.sig

KSE can create the first 6 of them. The SAVE_HEADER.sig cannot be recreated by KSE at
this time. Therefore Xbox users will need to preserve their original SAVE_HEADER.sig
and cross their fingers that it their KSE-edited game will accept that .sig file.

KSE began generating .sig files automatically as of v2.2.0. As of v3.3.2, KSE will
now only generate .sig files if a .sig file exists in your \saves\(whatever) directory.
If you haven't copied over the .sig files from your Xbox with savegame.sav file, you
can create a dummy file with a .sig extension in that savegame folder and that will be
enough for KSE to know that you want to generate .sig files when you edit your game.
PLus this should go in to TK's already exiting save game editor thread in the kotor tools forum.
Jackel is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Moving to the Tools Forum...

edit: ...and locking because we already have a KSE thread - D3

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Darth333; 04-20-2006 at 02:36 PM.
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOr Savegame Editor for Xbox