lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Good Star Wars Wallpaper for High Res?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
JekRendar

Good Star Wars Wallpaper for High Res?

Hi,

Star Wars wallpapers for high resolutions seems to be few and far between. My laptop's resolution is actually 1920 x 1200, however, I can usually find some good 1600 x 1200 wallpapers that still look good stretched, but even the 1600 x 1200 desktops are rare, and anything higher than that, in the case of Star Wars wallpapers are NON EXISTANT!

So, please, if you know of any site that features Star Wars wallpapers for higher resolutions, could you please point me to them? Thanks.

-Jek

The Old Republic (Lord Adraas):
Jek - Scoundrel
Dion - Sniper

Galaxies (Starsider):
Jek Rendar
JekRendar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
Darth_Death
Rookie

Location: Under the watchfull eye of 2 evil dictators named MOM and DAD...
if u do star wars photo search with yahoo (no account required) in the corner u will see types of sizes wallpaper is 1 of the choices

it has pretty good resolution..

"bring me that horizon..."
Darth_Death is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
master_skywalke

You can also make screenies of the movies or games and resize them to 1920x1200

master_skywalke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
JekRendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_skywalke
You can also make screenies of the movies or games and resize them to 1920x1200
Yeah, but they become stretched, which at times, isn't bad, but they become blurred; to the point, it just looks hideous to look at.

But, thanks for the help either way.

-Jek

Jek - Scoundrel
Dion - Sniper

Galaxies (Starsider):
Jek Rendar
Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 AM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
1900x1200! Crapoli! How big is your Laptop's screen? Or do you just like to squint?

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
JekRendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
1900x1200! Crapoli! How big is your Laptop's screen? Or do you just like to squint?
1920x1200 is the max resolution for my Dell Inspiron 9300 17" laptop (16:10). It's an excellent monitor for gaming and movies; as well as reading two windows side by side. My only gribe is certain websites become stretched out, and just look funny because the screen is so big and the site(s) weren't designed for high res.

Ah, the price you pay for beauty.

-Jek

Jek - Scoundrel
Dion - Sniper

Galaxies (Starsider):
Jek Rendar
Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I can see wanting to view 3d games at as high res as possible, but reading text like on your desktop or something must require some adjustment, that would be a pain, since for non-3d apps, it would just shrink things down. I've got a 19in lcd monitor which does me fine, but it's 4:3 ratio. I run basically everything in 1024x768. I tried 1280x1024 for a few games, and it did look better, but I figured the few extra FPS I save is fine, plus without the annoyance of having to auto-switch res's whenever I play.

If it's "widescreen" that's cool, but when it comes to PC games, the majority of them don't support that function, so it won't look right. Some next generation consoles have appealed to that niche market, but really Empire at War is the first computer game I've played that actually supports it. It's a fine idea, though. Each to his own I guess.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
master_skywalke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
If it's "widescreen" that's cool, but when it comes to PC games, the majority of them don't support that function, so it won't look right. Some next generation consoles have appealed to that niche market, but really Empire at War is the first computer game I've played that actually supports it. It's a fine idea, though. Each to his own I guess.
Well the GTA games already support Widescreen since 1999 (GTA2), but yeah, EAW really is one of the only SW games with a widescreen option.

master_skywalke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Original Trilogy > Good Star Wars Wallpaper for High Res?