lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Retreating. Waste of time?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #41
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
When you retreat, you may lose a few ships, but it's better than losing all. I think the feature is helpful.
Well actually, you only have up to your skirmish mission cap to lose...

Instead of give the scums free kills, you send your ship i and concentrate your attack on his expensive ship, bring a few down as you go...

Then you hyperdrove out when you have most nothing on the map (except maybe that little s-foiled xwing and stuff at the far corner)

Don't ever give the scums free things, make them pay with every bit of their blood.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #42
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well actually, you only have up to your skirmish mission cap to lose...

Instead of give the scums free kills, you send your ship i and concentrate your attack on his expensive ship, bring a few down as you go...

Then you hyperdrove out when you have most nothing on the map (except maybe that little s-foiled xwing and stuff at the far corner)

Don't ever give the scums free things, make them pay with every bit of their blood.
I think this is debatable. If you are loosing big time, it really doesn't matter if you "make them pay" before being destroyed. You might get through the shields of a capital ship and damage it a little, or shoot down a few squardron of starfighters, but really, it won't matter that much in the end.

My point is, if you are loosing to the point when you consider retreating, your forces will get wipped out before they can cause any real damage.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Retreating. Waste of time?