lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2003, 10:12 AM   #1561
zERoCooL2479

*crossing fingers*

If it doesn't work out for ya, My apologies. However, I really hope you can do some modeling for JK : JA when it becomes available to do so.

Good Luck and Thanks for all your hard work!

~cHoSeN oNe
Mod Developer
The Jedi Academy
zERoCooL2479 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 10:37 AM   #1562
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
WOW!!! i hope all goes well mr tercero... and good luck (crosses fingers)

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 07:53 PM   #1563
Jrob

Glad to hear your computer is on the verge of coming back to life. The only problem is I think know one really cares about your model anymore. This one has went down the same road Korels Mace Windu model has. Nothing but screenshots.

Anyway glad to hear from U.
Jrob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #1564
Atsuri

ahhahaahahaaha... if that isnt THE greatest example of situational irony i've ever seen i dont know what is. its funny too because thats what we were learning in school today (irony). i hope you dont mind me pulling a few posts off this thread and using it as an example for my homework. dont worry ill blur everyones names out and such and white out the url. on a more related note congratulations things seem to be looking up. we have word from tercero and it sounds like there is hope after all. though i still stand by my advice to think about how to apply this to JA instead of Outcast because, as im sure lots of other people have already pointed out, Outcast is dying for lack of a better word. though i guess if it can only come out for outcast then i guess it can only come out for outcast. this is of course your piece and you are entitled to do whatever you want with it.
ps. if i made a model i would probably put my name in front of it too... maybe even... god Atsuru??? has a nice ring to it... god...
Atsuri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 11:28 PM   #1565
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well if the model gets released for Outcast then it can be available for JA too...the process is supposed to be very similar.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #1566
zERoCooL2479

...and thats a good thing. There are so many great skins and models out there, to be a shame if they couldnt convert it easily :/

~cHoSeN oNe
Mod Developer
The Jedi Academy
zERoCooL2479 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2003, 09:20 PM   #1567
Khier

I don't know how long this model has been going for, but I know it was around the time I started posting at lucasforums, I wasn't able to read the.....10000 other pages ....but maybe Tercero is getting a little sick of this Anakin model? I certainly wouldn't have the motivation to continue all this time. It's a great model and perhaps he'll release it, or maybe another talented modeller will finish it off? I've seen a couple of posts of Toonces maybe finishing it for him, but I didn't quite catch it. All the folks flaming about this and flaming about that, bleh, I just realize the modeller obviously can't keep going for whatever reason, I don't really care, I just move on to the next intriguing model in the works and there are a few out there. I've got respect for Tercero and the great work he's done. It seems like as of recent posts things are getting back on track, but I've seen enough screenies to know this model looks great and whatever else Tercero or Toonces or whoever decides to do with it, it will continue to look great, so I lost my interest in this thread long long ago and I think many others have as well, no disrespect towards Tercero, it's just time to move on. All I can say is keep at 'im you've done a great job so far.
Khier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2003, 03:49 AM   #1568
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
amen to that... if there is work continuing on htis model the thread should be closed and restarted to... revamp the model... if its jsut gunna be left the thread should be closed to stop people asking

i know i asked what was happening on here once... and i bet it annoyed hte s*@# outta terc, toonces or whoever, but i seen hte error in my ways

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2003, 05:45 PM   #1569
Darth Vader III

Go Terc, go Terc go Terc...

God praise computer loving parents

Anakin and Darth Vader rock!

Custom avatar made by Jedi_Anakin_S
Darth Vader III is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2003, 02:43 AM   #1570
IPHDTD

has anyone ever heard any updates regarding this one? is it dead or what?

I AM THE WALRUS GOO GOO GA JOOB!!!
IPHDTD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2003, 06:37 AM   #1571
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

I think its safe to say its dead and Terc moved on.

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2003, 08:41 AM   #1572
The Count
Banned

Told you
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #1573
Darth Stryke

I am thinking this thread should be closed. If we do not get any new info soon, it should be closed because it has basically been a bump/flame fest forever. If by some chance it does get finished, whomever finishes it can begin a new thread. But right now that prospect is looking grim.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2003, 03:32 AM   #1574
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLord60
I think its safe to say its dead and Terc moved on.
Actually, Terc is still working to get his dad to complete the HD recovery, but DOS is being picky about the File System and that he has been busy with work, and Seka, who are still together I might add. but he is still wanting to finish it, and if by chance, get it made to Jedi Academy as well as other games.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2003, 04:25 AM   #1575
Azrael

Location: Not in the bushes. Not in the bushes. Look somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867
he has been busy with work, and Seka, who are still together I might add. .
Like, dating? Hmm... Why do people say "I might add"? If you said it, then you did add it. Not might have added it. Weird.

"Yea, and God said to Abraham, 'You will kill your son Isaac.'
And Abraham said, 'I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone.'
And God said, 'Oh, I'm sorry, is this better? Check, check, check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here.'"
- Stewie, Family Guy: "Road to Rhode Island"

Save Farscape!
Azrael is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 08:41 AM   #1576
Seka

To anyone who has ever been curious!

It's been a very very long time.
And Asyou've guessed, the anakin model died with Tercs old computer.
It had been comming along beautifully, and he was just about to update you all on the state of this model with new screens when this happened.
It's never been recoverable.
Though we were able to access the data, it was fragmented beyond repair, and so all of his hard work died.
It was, at the point time to move on. With the constant flames and doubts, there was, for awhile there the feeling of need to prove people wrong and finish it (which it would have been had it not been lost). however after the complete death of the model, he saw no need to cater to the flamers and imbiciles who did not to anything to help, and only served to make things hard on him. As though expecting him to work so hard like they had a personal stake in something they werent paying for that did not directly pretain to his life as a whole. In short, people were harsh.
With a shift in tercs working enviroment, it's left him less time, but more money, and in that regard he's been doing well.
It's turned into more focus on the movie work of his own toward the goal of portential producing something that can be enjoyed and produce income, and maintaining his lifing status, than working on game models.
Both he and I are doing well, and going on 2 years together as of this january.
Despite the flame wars on this thread, we still thank everyone who gave theire opinions, and critiques and didn't doubt him.
I'm sorry that it never worked out.
The death of this model was not terc giving up on it, but the idea of having to restart it with the degree of detail it had been reaching when things died.

I know this message is bleated, but this is the official.

Thanks everyone.

"The cover of a worn book cannot be simply read. It must be opened to see what it's pages truely contain."
Artist Gallery at
http://jamils.deviantart.com
Seka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 09:02 AM   #1577
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

That really sux , it was a really nice model and its bad to read what happened to it.
I haven't read the whole thread (40+ posts) but i dont know how people could harsh with him, maybe cuz in that times (2 years ago) there were much noobs around here that didnt know how hard it is
If i wasn't had no idea of editing in that times i would have helped to put it ingame

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #1578
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Thats really bad, hope you will make back up copies of your work daily now, so this wont happen. Back ups dont hurt

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #1579
ronbrothers

Great to hear from you again, Seka. I had pretty much expected this to be the case. Anyone who can be inellectually honest knows that Tercero put a lot of time, effort and love into that model and really had a tough time in his real life. In the end, this is only a game. I've been a SW fan since 1977 and don't expect to ever lose interest. I'd have liked to see Anakin come to life, but there are more important things in life. Time to move on.

Though I never personally exchanged posts or email with Terc, I had a lot of empathy and sympathy for what he was going through. Please give him my best and thanks for the effort!

Take care,

ronbrothers
Ron Brothers

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2004, 10:07 PM   #1580
Aragorn_Ranger

Oh man so this project died. I was reading it from pages 1-28, then someone said merry christmas and i thought this was curious so i look at the date and it was over 2 years ago. A very big shocker, but i should have looked before that. God this was such a great model too, better then kevins i would say. He has my condolences, maybe there is a chance it will be revived. Yes i guess its time to move on, and wait for that great ep3 anakin coming out soon.

ps: what about that beta that toonces had , cant you continue from there. And with jk3 engine you can do so much more, the facial animations. But if its dead its dead not much we can do about it.

"I do not fear the darkside, I embrace it." - Starwars ep3 Darth Vader.

Last edited by Aragorn_Ranger; 10-25-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Aragorn_Ranger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 09:37 PM   #1581
Seka

Unfortunately

It's unfortunate but while toonces had a beta... it was SOOOOO far back in the production of this model that it would almost be like starting from the beginning again.
It may be awhile in comming, and I cant say if it willl be in the starwars game fandom, but I guarantee this isn't the last you will ever hear of myself and terc ^_-
Thank you for the concern interest, and ever the dissapointment.
Oddly enough, it's very encouraging XD

"The cover of a worn book cannot be simply read. It must be opened to see what it's pages truely contain."
Artist Gallery at
http://jamils.deviantart.com
Seka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #1582
Wudan
Got Balance?

I met Terc waaaay back when I was only beginning to learn to program and chatted with him maybe 2 or 3 times, there really are so very few people around who put that kind of time and effort in to their work, and are nice people to talk to.

Terc's a hell of a guy, from what I can remember, and he was going to let me code even though I didn't know how at the time - help from guys like him back in the day got me to where I am.

Best of luck to Seka and Tercero

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 AM   #1583
Zeke Asakura
Lurker

Hello im new here can someone show me pics of this new anakin model
Zeke Asakura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #1584
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Thread's been dead since 2004 ...so it's not a new model i'm afraid.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model