lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New plantets: Bespin and Kamino
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
lonepadawan

New plantets: Bespin and Kamino

IGN preview mentions these as "new planets" .. does that mean we're getting ground maps for these planets? Utapau (or however it's spelt) could also go alongside these as a "difficult terrain" planet (i.e, no real ground) so is this somthing new for the expansion pack? Pseudo space/ground battles? Or just enormous platforms..

discuss..

"Your life does flash before your eyes before you die..... the process is called LIVING"
lonepadawan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
I think huge platforms. It makes sense and it would be alright this way.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
lonepadawan

Aye. Anyway.. if they do add this, I'll be exceeding glad. In the original I always thought it was odd that they could do Coruscant but not Bespin..

"Your life does flash before your eyes before you die..... the process is called LIVING"
Old 05-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
DarthMaulUK

I would ignore what IGN says, it hasnt a clue about computer games or anything. Kamino could be in the game. Now, wheres Gamespot...

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
Xyvik
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK
I would ignore what IGN says, it hasnt a clue about computer games or anything. Kamino could be in the game. Now, wheres Gamespot...

DMUK

I'd say the same thing about Gamespot...they are exceedingly biased and largely incorrect in a lot of things, so we're really left waiting for PCGamer or sometimes even GameSpy or GamePro

Or just wait until the game comes out and find for yourself.

The Sith War: EaW Total Conversion
Arcani Arts: 3D Art

"Willkommen ins verderben"

Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani
Xyvik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
aggie_john
Rookie

I have a question, who will defend Kamino as the indiginest life forms. The kaminians dont seem like fighters and considering that they are cloners and all???.......will we see some clone troopers there maybe????
aggie_john is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
No.

There could just be some Kaminoans. It doesn't matter if they're natural fighters or not, when it comes to defending your planet, you do whatever it takes.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
aggie_john
Rookie

Yeah but there cant fight really. They are cloners you would assume that they have some home guard troopers. I mean I thought that durning the Clone Wars when there home world was attack by the CIS they activated the ARC troopers? Am I wrong? They dont have to be the Clones from the clone wars but some varitation atleast.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Maybe they don't have clones at all?

After all, I don't see the Mon Calamari as ground grunts with blasters either yet they defend their planet. It's not hard to pick up a blaster in desperate times.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
aggie_john
Rookie

Yeah but the Mon Calamari are not know for making clone troopers either. Their planet does however specifically produce their MC cruisers. Granite not in defense of their planet but still. I would hope that either the Kaminoians use clones to defend their planet or they offer clones as a unique unit for the empire.

I guess somethings we need to consider are:
which side would the kaminoians be loyal to the Empire or Rebels?

This is important because if their rebels then most likely they will fight themselves because of their personal intrest in freedom. though they might still produce clones for the Rebels since that is their cheif expertese. Though again one would wonder how the rebels would preceive the use of clones considering their track record.
If they support the empire then they would definately continue to produce clones for the Empire like they did for the Republic.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
arkodeon
Rookie

Kaminoan Cloning facilities were seized by the Empire, and in turn stopped the production of clone troopers, if I am not mistaken.

Was it not moved to Byss?

arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 12:22 AM   #12
gswift

Every planet has some special bonus or penalty. Kamino probably gives a bonus to infantry in some way. That seems obvious. Maybe even a free barracks building, and/or a ground location that can be captured to gain free clone troops during battle (or several locations). As for the gas giant planets that have no surface, there could either be platforms or they could be treated like asteriod stations that only have space maps, but grant income and act as lanes of travel. What I've seen so far indicates that they have made some MAJOR changes to campaign and ground maps, so there may be possibilities that we can't even imagine at this point.

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #13
slornie
Rookie

wasnt the cloning facility moved to Wayland...and anyhow...shouldnt the empire get more of an advantage when fighting on Wayland...i mean the Emperors Guardian...Mt Tantiss, etc...
slornie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
Darth_Torpid-PG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepadawan
IGN preview mentions these as "new planets" .. does that mean we're getting ground maps for these planets? Utapau (or however it's spelt) could also go alongside these as a "difficult terrain" planet (i.e, no real ground) so is this somthing new for the expansion pack? Pseudo space/ground battles? Or just enormous platforms..

discuss..

Actually, these maps will be done using a relatively new funtion of the map editor that we just never had the time to exploit. In fact, the map editor you guys will eventually get to download will have this feature. You'll see...

-Darth Torpid
-Game Designer
-Petroglyph
Darth_Torpid-PG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
gswift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Torpid-PG
Actually, these maps will be done using a relatively new funtion of the map editor that we just never had the time to exploit. In fact, the map editor you guys will eventually get to download will have this feature. You'll see...
As I was saying in my previous post in this thread. The new features may make things possible that we can't even imagine at this point. Very cool indeed.

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #16
lonepadawan

Quote:
So are you confirming that these planets will now have ground maps to go with 'em? :P

Old 05-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #17
arkodeon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepadawan
So are you confirming that these planets will now have ground maps to go with 'em? :P
Chances are if the planets are in the map, then they would have a ground map in them. Heck, they're even placing a Bespin map in, so why not Utapau?

arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #18
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Cool, it'd be neat to play on these planets.....I am actually contemplating on buying this now....

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2006, 01:43 AM   #19
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Maybe aerial maps where only hovering units are allowed?

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2006, 06:50 AM   #20
Darth Anarch

A Cloud City map where some areas can only be reached with airspeeders and hovertanks would add an interesting touch. Sort of the opposite of Jabim.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > New plantets: Bespin and Kamino