lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSL Jedi
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
Jasper_Kazai

TSL Jedi

I just know there has to be at least a thread or two on this, but I can't find any...

Is there a walkthrough somewhere explaining how to make your party members Jedi? The walkthrough I use doesn't have it. Also, if it matters, I play the PC version.

Jasper_Kazai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Use this influence guide http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153012
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
Jasper_Kazai

I don't like that walkthrough... It said on Nar Shaddaa, "Bao-Dur should now have around 98 influence" and I only have 66 with him, so it just made me worry.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper_Kazai
I don't like that walkthrough... It said on Nar Shaddaa, "Bao-Dur should now have around 98 influence" and I only have 66 with him, so it just made me worry.
I wouldn't say that. It has helped many people, including me. Because of that guide, it helped me to make Mira and Bao-Dur Jedi.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

The guide show all the places you can get influence on. If you play the game in a diffrent order, you wont have the influence at that place. Thats the way with all walkthrogh.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #6
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
You must not be closely reading Achilles' influence guide then. As far as I know his is the only TSL influence guide available. There are so many different ways to play the game and your influence opportunities will vary based on where you're at and the other NPC's in your party. He also includes an Excel spreadsheet that lists all the influence opportunities based on the type of influence opportunity, planet and character. In all honesty though if you think his influence walk-thru guide isn't working for you then I'm not sure you would find the Excel spreadsheet of any help since IMHO it's a lot harder to read and interpret than the actual influence walk-thru.

Influence is a cool concept but it seems hard to figure out sometimes in TSL...

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
mr_raider
Rookie

Quote:
That walkthrough is only a suggested pathway, and you need not follow it to the letter. You can study the full influence guide and adapt to your needs. You can do the planets in a different order also, just beware that certain influence oppurtunities will be lost, particularly for LSers and HK-47

Also, you may not want to convert every one to jedi. While Handmaiden really gains nothing from staying a soldier, Mira gains all the ranged feats, Atton gets a ton of sneak attack, and Bao-Dur gets lots of skill points, all which go to waste once they become Jedi.

As a general rule, I convert Handmaiden or Disciple to Jedi ASAP, but keep the rest in their base classes until the 20s.
mr_raider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
Jasper_Kazai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_raider
That walkthrough is only a suggested pathway, and you need not follow it to the letter. You can study the full influence guide and adapt to your needs. You can do the planets in a different order also, just beware that certain influence oppurtunities will be lost, particularly for LSers and HK-47

Also, you may not want to convert every one to jedi. While Handmaiden really gains nothing from staying a soldier, Mira gains all the ranged feats, Atton gets a ton of sneak attack, and Bao-Dur gets lots of skill points, all which go to waste once they become Jedi.

As a general rule, I convert Handmaiden or Disciple to Jedi ASAP, but keep the rest in their base classes until the 20s.
Well, so far I only have Handmaiden as a Jedi, since she is the easiest.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
xides
Rookie

go to gamefaqs.com, there is a great influsence guide by someone called dsimpson, go check it out.
xides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xides
go to gamefaqs.com, there is a great influsence guide by someone called dsimpson, go check it out.
While Dan Simpson has written some excellent faqs I still prefer Achilles' influence guide.
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #11
mr_raider
Rookie

Indeed, DSimpson's guide fails to mention one important thing: you can unlock rewards with high or low influence. There is no reason to try to gain influence with characters whose alignment is contrary to yours.
mr_raider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > TSL Jedi