lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Custom fighting styles for KotorIII
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
Browny11uk
Rookie

Post Custom fighting styles for KotorIII

I think you should be able to make you own stlye & how you hold your saber, vibroblade,blaster E.T.C

SO like youd start of in a menu you & can desgin your own style to where the arms are postioned to what it actually does so e.g....

+single aponents
-blasters

So please post your veiws.. & excuse me im going to play KotorII got me right in the mood.
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
Darth Manus
Rookie

Well, at least nobody has suggested making the combat system like Street Fighter or something.

One thing that fools will never understand is that only a weakling lets the darkness control him. A mix of light and darkness is a powerful thing. Volatile, yes, but also unexpected, and thus even more dangerous.
Darth Manus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
i think the combat system should be like street fighter

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
raven10
Rookie

or at least nobody said that it should be like JK/JA combat system, hehehehe....which I do not support, buuuut thinking about that, if I had JK combat system Malak nor darth traya would not stand a chance, maybe a littleone.....hehe
raven10 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
Darth Manus
Rookie

I think it would be nice if you could make a custom style by allocating bonus points to attack and defense under certain circumstances or against certain kinds of attack. You could gain more points at level up, and gradually make your custom style stronger and more versatile.

One thing that fools will never understand is that only a weakling lets the darkness control him. A mix of light and darkness is a powerful thing. Volatile, yes, but also unexpected, and thus even more dangerous.
Darth Manus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
*Wonders to self about how many people around here actually know what the D20 system is...*

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2006, 02:42 AM   #7
Wildcat'
Rookie

They should keep it the way it currently is. It's what makes KotOR ..well...KotOR. I'd rather they focus more on the storyline, getting bugs out, and more on the actual gameplay itself rather than working on some system to have people be able to custom animate their character, which could actually be done with mod tools (given you have the skeleton and model)

Wildcat' is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browny11uk
I think you should be able to make you own stlye & how you hold your saber, vibroblade,blaster E.T.C

SO like youd start of in a menu you & can desgin your own style to where the arms are postioned to what it actually does so e.g....

+single aponents
-blasters

So please post your veiws.. & excuse me im going to play KotorII got me right in the mood.
Personally, I don't think you should be able to create your own style, at least in regards to lightsabers. The lightsaber forms have been developed over hundreds or thousands of years, and are very efficient at what each is designed to do. In that sense, each form is the ultimate that can be achieved. It is extremely unlikely that someone is going to come along and develop a style that is just as good or better all on their own.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
Maser Splinter
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Personally, I don't think you should be able to create your own style, at least in regards to lightsabers. The lightsaber forms have been developed over hundreds or thousands of years, and are very efficient at what each is designed to do. In that sense, each form is the ultimate that can be achieved. It is extremely unlikely that someone is going to come along and develop a style that is just as good or better all on their own.
I disagree. Mace Windu made his own style, and that's another 4000 years later. Even when watching the movies it is clear that everybody fights with their own different styles, anakin, obi1, etc...

Still though, I wouldn't care about having the option to have my own style. Seems kinda silly. Just give me a game with better graphics, a good story, and *gasp* an actual ending and I'll be happy. All that other stuff is useless glitter for the hardcore role-playing nerds to complain about
Maser Splinter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
Buzz1978
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser Splinter
I disagree. Mace Windu made his own style, and that's another 4000 years later. Even when watching the movies it is clear that everybody fights with their own different styles, anakin, obi1, etc...
Mace Windu took the incomplete Juyo form and brought it to completion -> Vaapad. There aren't enough different Jedi fighting in the movies to see the similarities exactly but there are some clues. Yoda and Sidious pretty definitely use Ataru: They're offensive all the time and use the force to make up for their age (and size). Dooku is very precise -> Makashi. Obi is more difficult - he is mostly defensive (Soresu) but he uses offensive (likely Ataru) techniques as well.
It's not true that everybody fights with his own different style but it's true that while using one "basic" style Jedi can mix other techniques into it. Thats where Kotor "sucks" - while Jedi can have knowledge of more than one form, they can only learn one form to mastery.
Buzz1978 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #11
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Beat me to it, Buzz1978.

All the Jedi in the films use one or a combination of the basic lightsaber forms.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:21 PM   #12
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

i wouldnt mind there being like a custom style thing (i would do my style like dooku episode2 or anikan episode3). But it would probally be hard to use
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #13
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleOfHarpenden
i wouldnt mind there being like a custom style thing (i would do my style like dooku episode2 or anikan episode3). But it would probally be hard to use
But if you want a style like Anakin or Dooku, why not just use Form V and Form II like they use. And we can do that already in the current game.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Custom fighting styles for KotorIII