lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who will be the PC in KotOR III?
Revan 15 15.79%
The Exile 13 13.68%
A New Character 67 70.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: PC For KotOR III?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #41
FiEND_138

Sorry if any of this has already been stated, I just skimmed the thread.....

A new character.

The whining that goes on with the previous 2 games about ease with higher levels, can you imagine the bitching that would happen if you could force storm everything in your path from the opening level?

& personaly, I don't want anymore of these memory wipes, lost connection to the force stories. Just want to start out as a fresh level 1 Padawan.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #42
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

I hope that we get to start with a new character, otherwise it just wouldn't seem like a KotOR game, but I do hope that either Revan or the Exile or both are included in the next game, whether they be in your party, or as a regular NPC.
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #43
Darth333
Administraterror

I doubt you will even meet with Revan or the Exile in k3: since the player could chose the sex and the appearance in K1 and k2, defining that would kill the game for many of us. While Revan's appearance would not be too much of a problem the voice would be... However, I believe you will hear of them a lot.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #44
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I doubt you will even meet with Revan or the Exile in k3: since the player could chose the sex and the appearance in K1 and k2, defining that would kill the game for many of us. While Revan's appearance would not be too much of a problem the voice would be... However, I believe you will hear of them a lot.
I think that we will hear from them quite a bit via previous party members, datapads, etc. I will be surprised if we are not contacted by Kreia through the Force at least once.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2005, 02:26 PM   #45
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I think that we will hear from them quite a bit via previous party members, datapads, etc. I will be surprised if we are not contacted by Kreia through the Force at least once.
What about for Revan Darksiders? There's not a whole lot of memebers to go around in that instance. . .

I would love to hear from Kriea, though I doubt we will since her final thoughts on the force weren't very encouraging about a return.

"Some see how things are and ask, 'Why?' I dream of things that have never been and ask, 'Why not?'" - Robert F. Kennedy

In my mind's eye, 3P0.
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #46
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
You need to have a new PC otherwise the story will just be Bad.
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #47
Aotrs Commander
Lurker

I think a new PC would be most appropriate.

However, I think Revan and the Exile ought to show up as NPCs at least once, despite the various difficulty of having to fit them in - which could be as complex as using a BG 2-style import, or as simple as setting them up like in Kotr 2.

Imagine the final fight... you, new-maxed-out player, Revan AND the Exile all kicking whatever at the same time! That would be sooo cool.

Or worse, if you play light side and they are darkside (or vise verse) having to fight both...

Plus think of the fun you could have watching the various male/female Light/Dark interplay between Revan and the Exile!

However, practicality rears it's ugly head. I feel it unlikely to see any such introduction, but it would be nice. It adds continuity to the games.

Case in point: I still haven't got over the shock after my first time through Korriban and running into Reven, as he showed up with duel lightsabres, just like my first Kotr 1 character. After *that* little incident, Exile had to go and have short lie down for a while...

That said, there's no reason you couldn't have one or other as the main character - it would tend to be a little more restrictive in terms of development potentially; but after all, most of the Final Fantasy and genre have you playing a set character, and they don't seem to get many complaints.
Aotrs Commander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #48
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander
That said, there's no reason you couldn't have one or other as the main character - it would tend to be a little more restrictive in terms of development potentially; but after all, most of the Final Fantasy and genre have you playing a set character, and they don't seem to get many complaints.
Yes they do.
But that's a characteristic of almost every japanese RPG so they are forgiven for that.
KotOR is a western RPG and western RPGs rarely have set characters.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 PM   #49
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
Man I hope to god that t is Revan, I wasn't to fond of the exile at all, and didn't like his or her story one bit.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2005, 07:08 PM   #50
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sooges
Man I hope to god that t is Revan, I wasn't to fond of the exile at all, and didn't like his or her story one bit.
Did you even enjoy TSL then? I couldn't play (or at least enjoy) a game where I disliked the player character...

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #51
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
I have only beaten it once, and the only other time I have played it was with mods, I just didn't like the concept of a random Sith Lord finding an exiled Jedi and reconnecting his/her connection to the force.. Just my opinion anyway.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2005, 06:11 AM   #52
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
it will a different character i'm sure.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #53
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
I think it will be a new character, trained by Bastilla (Jolee?) or some others. By investigating ruins, you make a choice: Revan=evil and lead the Sith, thus the Exile is being a general on the frontlines, or saying Revan is good, thus making the Exile the leade of the true Sith, and Revan a general in the Frontlines.
That's what i think. In this way, the Exile and Revan return, and one of them could join your party, since your (obviously) are going to join the rage of battle.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2005, 01:47 AM   #54
The Saint
Rookie

K3 without the exile, would lead me to hunt down Obsidians design team. With the way K2 ended it would only make sense to finish off the current story arc before moving onto a new character..maybe instead of putting out a full fledged game Obsidian can make correct, the mistakes of the past and release a K2.5..thats right expansion pack. 2-3 worlds, and a wrap up of what happens to the exile before K3 happens. Flying off into the cosmos, ticked me off...we know what happens to the crew but the ending still seems alittle..well...unended for lack of a better word.

Last edited by The Saint; 08-23-2005 at 03:56 AM.
The Saint is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 05:46 AM   #55
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Hmmm

An expansion pack would make sense....
Adding the droid factory, the council chambers...and more unlockable stuff:
A friend of mine found a program that can unlock al the voice-records in the game. It also features Darthj Sion saying something like: "You failed me again...I will kill the Exile myself! I'm going to Nar Shaddaa!!"
never saw him there.......

Stuff like this coul be unlocked, etc.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 06:18 AM   #56
A-Dark-Power
Lurker

It would be nice to start off as a padawan, and then later in the game having Revan and/or the Exile join you in your party.
A-Dark-Power is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 08:07 AM   #57
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
No Revan in party. No Exile in party. New cast of characters including your PC but keep Mandalore and the droids. Because they're cool

I concur.
Mandalore, HK, and T3 have been in KOTOR from the start. It would be a shame if they were kicked out.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
- Best Punjabi Song of the Year
THE MANDALORE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 09:48 AM   #58
Anon21
Rookie

I, personally, would not mind if it is Revan, the Exile, or a new character. However, I do think it would be smart to continue the unfinished story as the Exile, as it left alot unexplained. If they could find a way to have Revan in the game it would be great. But they definitely need to explain what happens with the Exile and Revan by playing as them, having them in your party communicating with them, or someone just telling you.

By the way everybody, I'm new. So, Hello!
Anon21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #59
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

Welcome to the forums.

I think Revan and the Exile have to appear in some sort of cameo role, if not a party member.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
- Best Punjabi Song of the Year
THE MANDALORE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2005, 10:05 AM   #60
witchfinder
Rookie

I think the PC will most likely be the Exile.
witchfinder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #61
Dark Lord Maul
Lurker

New Character

I think it should be a new character like a padawan who survived the destruction of the danttoine academy and goes in search of revan,bastila, and exile.
or master vandar sensed something was wrong and sent the padawan away for preperation.

i also think you should have a choice of rebuilding the jedi academy or joining the sith that are in hiding.

Last edited by RedHawke; 05-28-2006 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Dark Lord Maul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #62
Henz

New PC.

"When I offered to go with him... he laughed. Then, he attacked me. Revan, at his full power, was more than a match for me. The battle was over quickly - and then he made sure I couldn't follow him, even if I wanted to. He left me there, a broken wreck on the Outer Rim.I vowed that I would never bend knee to another. Any alliances I entered in to would be ones where I was an equal..."

This makes me sure that you won't be using Revan in the next game. I think he/she'll be back, in robes, non specific alignment, and you kill the bugger near the end. He/she decides to test you to see if you're strong enough to take on whatever is the final fight/s.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #63
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND_138
Sorry if any of this has already been stated, I just skimmed the thread.....

A new character.

The whining that goes on with the previous 2 games about ease with higher levels, can you imagine the bitching that would happen if you could force storm everything in your path from the opening level?

& personaly, I don't want anymore of these memory wipes, lost connection to the force stories. Just want to start out as a fresh level 1 Padawan.
Agreed

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #64
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Who should the story not revolve around? REVAN!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > PC For KotOR III?