lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 3 species idea (Playing an Alien in KotOR III)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #41
Rok_stoned

Current Game: Life.
Quote:
I'll take the little old green guy with funny ears and bad grammar any day.
ewww.

Quote:
That is because Yoda is actually the dumbest of his species...
SHUT UP! HES Dyslexic!!!!

Rok_stoned is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #42
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Yoda may be dyslexic but you don't have to rant and scream about it. There is no emotion, there is peace. If I had a choice as to an alien species I want tagging along with me it would be a Yoda like character and I've often wondered about a Togorian Jedi of even a pirate. What do think?

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #43
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Watch Dogs (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Yoda is the best character in the Star Wars movie saga!

Now, as for KoTOR - we've already had Vandar in KoTOR 1, in TSL we found out that he died in the destruction of the Miraluka homeworld, so he could appear as a Force Ghost, but maybe him appearing for the third time would be a bad idea (just as the idea of having a Wookie in your party for the third time), KoTOR 3 should be more original than that.
igyman is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #44
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Then I guess we should have a Togorian pirate or even a Calamari. How's that for new NPC's?

Old 02-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #45
igyman
Tension!

I'm not familiar with the Togorians, but I'd sure like to see one. The more species that were not encountered in the first two parts, the better!
Old 02-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #46
xmovingpicturesx
Rookie

Nobody can return as force ghosts. Nobody. According to the movies, Qui-Gon (being the badass death cheater that he is) was the first to control/discover the afterlife. If anything these dudes will have to come back as holocrons.

Christopher Michael Benoit (May 21, 1967 – June 25, 2007)
http://i9.tinypic.com/68bxqme.png
Eduardo Gory Guerrero Llanes (October 9, 1967 – November 13, 2005)

Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
xmovingpicturesx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #47
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
^Ajunta Pall? Marka Ragnos? Quite-Gone Jim Qui-Gon was the one who found it again, not discovered it in the first place.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #48
i like cheese
Rookie

hallucination is right
i like cheese is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 AM   #49
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Yes and Obi-wan was able to manifest visibly.

@ igyman: From my understanding about Togorians, they have fur that I think is orange in color. I haven't seen a picture of them but upon hearing the fur part, I imagined them to be the furry edition of Juhani, just orange and mean to the boot.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:28 AM   #50
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
I'm not familiar with the Togorians, but I'd sure like to see one.
Click Here! The pic and stats comes straight from the WEG D6 RPG.

That site has a ton of the races from the D6 RPG, my personal favorites are the Coynites.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #51
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination
^Ajunta Pall? Marka Ragnos? Quite-Gone Jim Qui-Gon was the one who found it again, not discovered it in the first place.
Not to mention Morgan Katarn from JKO.

I think things would be much more simple if George Lucas had just cut the scene where Yoda talks about Qui-Gon. I mean, the only clear purpose it had was to spark endless debate about past force ghosts by fans.

@ RH

The Togorians sound a bit like Wookiees, only more feline, and slightly more dangerous (angry leopard > angry monkey ). It'd be great to see one in K3.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #52
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

As goes for species, you're probably going to play as a human...being a Twi'liek wouldn't be too bad but meh, you'll probably be human anyway. As for people on your team in KOTOR 1 you had Juhani (Cathar), Zaalbar (Wookie), and Mission (Twi'liek) and the droids...naw there not aliens...KOTOR 2 if you don't count the droids as anything special you get Hanharr (Wookie) if your a big meany so I dunno, not enough diversity for me.
In KOTOR 3 I would like to see an Ithorian be on your team, A Twi'liek like Master Zhar but only he will solely speaks Twi'liek to say...preserve his language instead of loosing it to Basic, also I wouldn't have any problem with having another wookie but maybe have an older more wiser one, that has seen war and been around the galaxy and knows things that most Wookies would be like W T F mate? As goes for last on my list it would be killer if there was a yoda type character on your team like master Vandar, for all purposes it would just be soo rade lol...
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #53
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

What's an Ithorian to do? They are pacifists and don't believe in bloodshed. As an NPC I hope for but possibly not a Togorian. It would be kind of neat.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #54
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

Well one day I was watching the clone wars thingy and I noticed that there was an Ithorian with a lightsaber, and not every person of the same species are all pacifist or are all war crazed people, there are exceptions in everyone. Also for the Ithorians I would very much doubt it if every* single one of them was a goody goody.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #55
90SK
Universal Figment

@JediMaster12

Ithorians would be perfect for a jedi role, simply because they're peaceful-minded by nature (or "goody-goody", or whatever ). And they'd look fantastic, to boot. Ithorians are likeable, kind of like sheep or goldfish.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #56
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

You may have a point there. Maybe I'm just that way because of the way they were portrayed in TSL and I just remember Chodo Habat saying that one of his herd was a Jedi. If they could be Jedi I would see them more along the lines of a consular or a healer. What if we had an NPC the same species as Shak Ti (forgive me if I spelled it wrong)? That an a Togorian, fightin team!

Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #57
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
Ithorians would be perfect for a jedi role, simply because they're peaceful-minded by nature (or "goody-goody", or whatever ). And they'd look fantastic, to boot. Ithorians are likeable, kind of like sheep or goldfish.
I must agree, an Ithorian jedi would be a great party member.

@RedHawke:

Thanks for the link, just saw the pictures of both races you provided and they look great - the Togorians look kinda like werewolves (or maybe werecats) and the Coynites have that armor that looks a little medieval, but really great.

Last edited by igyman; 02-07-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #58
Timberwolf 21
Lurker

Ithorian would be great yes , and something different would be cool. like half droid like general Grievous
Timberwolf 21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #59
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
@ RH

The Togorians sound a bit like Wookiees, only more feline, and slightly more dangerous (angry leopard > angry monkey ). It'd be great to see one in K3.
Actually from the way I have seen them played, they really have the dual nature of felines, docile and agressive, this makes them far more dangerous than Wookiees IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
@RedHawke:

Thanks for the link, just saw the pictures of both races you provided and they look great - the Togorians look kinda like werewolves (or maybe werecats) and the Coynites have that armor that looks a little medieval, but really great.
You are welcome!

I think of the Coynites as Wars versions of Trek Klingons with their own twist. That armor of theirs is pretty sweet. So are their native weapons. Add to this they naturally respect the Jedi/Sith, and any other warrior. In one campaign we had a Mandalorian and a Coynite, they were our party's Bash Brothers, it was so cool! They could clear out a Cantina in seconds!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2006, 03:33 AM   #60
Master Kavar

I'm all for diversifying the races of your NPC's, but for the love of my ear drums, no Ithorians please! I absolutely cannot stand their bizzare double voiced gibberish, so much so that I'm tempted to help Czerka on Citadel Station even when I'm playing the light side!
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #61
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

@ Master Kavar: What about a Togorian or even Shak Ti's species? (forgive my spelling of her name)

Old 05-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #62
i like cheese
Rookie

Don't you think it'd be awesome if you could play yoda when he was really young? Like playing him while he was a padawan, then he goes on and saves the old republic. That could be how everyone knows about him in the future.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #63
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
No it wouldn't be a good idea, as Yoda wouldn't even be born then and if he was, he would be dead before TPM.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #64
woogiee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
@ Master Kavar: What about a Togorian or even ShaAk Ti's species? (forgive my spelling of her name)
hehe couldnt help it

but back on topic, i think a Morgukai (warrior race of Nikto) for a darkside party npc would be cool
woogiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #65
Jasper_Kazai

I'd love to play as another species other than human. I'd probably pick a human first, but I'd definitely look foward to playing as a Twi'lek or something. A Trandoshan would be a good species for dark side.

Jasper_Kazai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #66
Browny11uk
Rookie

What if you could be a sith i mean a real sith like the extict species or are they.

Lol i thought of something funny star wars one was like my first star wars experience & i thought the sith was Darth Mauls speices.

But we all know what the sith look like beacuse of the animated series the clone wars
( there pale white all over & are bald)
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #67
woogiee

Browny11uk, Asajj isnt a "true" sith
woogiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #68
i like cheese
Rookie

I'd play first as a Human, but afterwards, i'd love to play as new species. It'd definatley add more replayability....did i just make up a new word??

Maybe each species has a special trait or power.

Example
________
Wookie: Strength
Old 05-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #69
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I suppose they could disable all the romance stuff if you chose a different species...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #70
Jasper_Kazai

There are plenty of species mods for KotOR II, but what bugs me is that 90% of those mods are female Twi'leks. The only males I have seen are a Devoranian and a male Twi'lek. It's pretty limiting.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:50 PM   #71
90SK
Universal Figment

Characters in both games often refer to the Exile as just "human". This wouldn't be possible if there were other species options, and that would be detrimental to the fluidity of dialogue. And it would be a big hassle to compensate for with scripts and dialogue variations.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #72
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Characters in both games often refer to the Exile as just "human". This wouldn't be possible if there were other species options, and that would be detrimental to the fluidity of dialogue. And it would be a big hassle to compensate for with scripts and dialogue variations.
Still.. it would be a nice option.

Using string tokens in dialogues, such as ones KotOR's or TSL stringtokens.2da for descriptions would be an option (like you stated though.. a large hassle) but it would be, in theory, possible...

Similar to the <FullName> feature modder's use to place the player's name in an item description, you could use a token for race/species...

Now, whether this is possible for dialogues is a different story, but it'd be something worth looking into

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #73
Jasper_Kazai

Quote:
If they can do female and male, then they can do species.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #74
Hoboknight
Lurker

Play Yoda you will! Bad taste in your mouth you with have. <Hummm hmmmm>
Hoboknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #75
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper_Kazai
There are plenty of species mods for KotOR II, but what bugs me is that 90% of those mods are female Twi'leks. The only males I have seen are a Devoranian and a male Twi'lek. It's pretty limiting.
Why don't you make your own then?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #76
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

make it so we can pick race height etc.
that would be kool instead of just being human
Sith_Lord_Alzar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR 3 species idea (Playing an Alien in KotOR III)